Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,996,267 Views | 231587 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Talon2DSO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I bleed maroon said:

I am looking for a cyber-security long term play. I have a buy/write order in for an ETF (CIBR), but also looked at BUG, PSWD, WCBR, and LRNZ. I was initially looking at individual equities, such as CRWD and FTNT, but decided an EFT is better for me, as I really don't follow the space.

Convince me of another path, if you choose?

I've been watching SentinalOne lately. I'm not in it but I may if it dips a little more. I'm looking for the $24-25 range
ravingfans
AG
ProgN said:

HoustonAg_2009 said:

ProgDawg - You buy straight shares of SNOW?
Yes sir and I'll probably start writing weekly CC on it and collect premium weekly until it's called away or becomes net free.
how do you decide what strike you write them for?

Thinking I do that for several that I'm long in...

ProgN
ravingfans said:

ProgN said:

HoustonAg_2009 said:

ProgDawg - You buy straight shares of SNOW?
Yes sir and I'll probably start writing weekly CC on it and collect premium weekly until it's called away or becomes net free.
how do you decide what strike you write them for?

Thinking I do that for several that I'm long in...

I think it'll get above $190 today or tomorrow and will look at the $200c for next Friday. Doubt I'll write any today because I think it'll get closer to in a few days. If it's $195+ by next Wednesday then the $200c should be around $5ish and $500 for 2 days is worth it at a strike almost $20 over my purchase price.

I'll post when I do it. I've had very good results doing this on volatile stocks.
El_duderino
Added shares of FSLY today
Heineken-Ashi
Watching for the EOD MARA fall. If it breaks its low, I'll be looking for a very short term swing buy around $23.50 with target range $27.50-$30.
Heineken-Ashi
AMD - could have bought $200 March 15 calls this morning for $1.65. They are now at $4.50.

Can't win them all.
fightintxag13
AG
I'm keeping an eye on KR. It's approaching $50 and it has gotten rejected in that area 6 times, including one failed breakout, going back to August 2022. I will likely by medium-term puts if it gets above $50 and is rejected again.

Edit: It also got rejected there in Jan 2022. It's clearly a very strong resistance level.
Brewmaster
AG
I will gladly join you if we get there, I hate Kroger, lol. overpriced dumpy grocery store.

SNOW - wants that retrace sooner rather than later? I'd be surprised if they let it run, probably premium crush til at least tomorrow afternoon?
Heineken-Ashi
MARA is set up for the dump into a local low. Just need it to actually sit down on the pot and get pushing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That was an odd close.
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That was an odd close.
Last day of the month. It looked like a lot of window dressing.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
EnronAg said:

boy, SPY filled that gap FAST!!! let's rocket now on that hot PCE data

Your broken clock is working pretty well lately!
ProgN
DELL looks like they smashed ER. I don't follow it but maybe I should add it to my list.
AgCPA95
AG
El_duderino said:

POWL just keeps on chugging along. Up over 100% since earnings
Up another 12% in just a few days since this post. I had sell set at $180 so out of this earlier today, but wouldn't hesitate buying on a pullback.
AgCPA95
AG
AgCPA95 said:

El_duderino said:

POWL just keeps on chugging along. Up over 100% since earnings
Up another 12% in just a few days since this post. I had sell set at $180 so out of this earlier today, but would hesitate buying on a pullback.
(Wrong emoji...haha)
ProgN
I was wondering. If you used thumbs down when you make money, then I'd hate to see what you'd use when you lose money.
El_duderino
About like this

POWL just keeps on keepin on
ravingfans
AG
Interesting idea--thoughts?

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/markets/edward-snowden-anticipates-government-acquisition-of-bitcoin-in-2024
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Zs beats but guides down, down 9% ah
RightWingConspirator
AG
I posted this to the board back when it was still in the $22-$25 range if memory serves. First bought on 1/2 and purchased more on 1/8. Got in at $18.61 and $22.91. I'm up now 102 percent and 64 percent on those shares.
ProgN
El_duderino said:

About like this

I feel horrible that POWL and SMCI went parabolic and I sold much lower, but still made a good profit. Those stocks are anomalies. Be honest, who here ever even knew about those two stocks before I posted them? I know Chef Elko did, but he was a lurker at the time, so he didn't. I wish he would've been the first when it was $30.

This isn't a pity party, but I do feel like I've let some in here down because they sold when I said I was and they see both launch into orbit with their vapor trails flashing two huge middle fingers. They will both comeback to reality when the market rolls over because of their small float. When that happens, everyone should feel confident to re-enter them in size. I know I will because when they pullback and I reload a huge position, then I'll ride again. Those two are life changing opportunities when they correct.
ProgN
RightWingConspirator said:

I posted this to the board back when it was still in the $22-$25 range if memory serves. First bought on 1/2 and purchased more on 1/8. Got in at $18.61 and $22.91. I'm up now 102 percent and 64 percent on those shares.
https://texags.com/forums/57/topics/2721405/replies/66948929

You were the one that put it on my radar, above was my reply. You'll remember it.
gggmann
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Zs beats but guides down, down 9% ah
Looks like I'll be assigned shares at $225 after close tomorrow.
El_duderino
Not to worry Prog. Everyone that took a position made a nice chunk of change
Heineken-Ashi
ProgN said:

El_duderino said:

About like this

I feel horrible that POWL and SMCI went parabolic and I sold much lower, but still made a good profit. Those stocks are anomalies. Be honest, who here ever even knew about those two stocks before I posted them? I know Chef Elko did, but he was a lurker at the time, so he didn't. I wish he would've been the first when it was $30.

This isn't a pity party, but I do feel like I've let some in here down because they sold when I said I was and they see both launch into orbit with their vapor trails flashing two huge middle fingers. They will both comeback to reality when the market rolls over because of their small float. When that happens, everyone should feel confident to re-enter them in size. I know I will because when they pullback and I reload a huge position, then I'll ride again. Those two are life changing opportunities when they correct.
ETX_Ag_22_24
AG
FUBO pumping AH right now, any insight?
RightWingConspirator
AG
Yup, I made a huge mistake dumping my shares of POWL at $120. I now realize that buy and hold investors should not take advice from trading investors.

Hope that does not come across negatively…they just have different motivations. This one kills me.
ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

ProgN said:

El_duderino said:

About like this

agdaddy04
AG
Just sat through ITR economic speech at an industry event today. They're the ones that have been predicting the depression for 2030. In one instance he says never go cash. But then said around 2030 to go into Canadian Bonds and then go back into equities around 2036. Any of you guys ever sit through one of their talks?
ravingfans
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Just sat through ITR economic speech at an industry event today. They're the ones that have been predicting the depression for 2030. In one instance he says never go cash. But then said around 2030 to go into Canadian Bonds and then go back into equities around 2036. Any of you guys ever sit through one of their talks?

So we have 6 more years before "The Big One"??

Boy Named Sue
AG
I brought up CAVA to 30k and OA on Telegram a while back. I had not ever eaten there or heard of it, but my daughter loved eating there. I had given her some money and started a Roth IRA for her college graduation present. Of course, one of her first stock buys was CAVA. I thought it would be a learning experience for her, but damn this stock has exploded.

But what I really like is that it presents an opportunity to have a conversation about minimum wage and its impact on the economy.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cava-has-more-white-space-ahead-after-its-stock-sailed-past-all-time-high-ceo-231210703.html
Heineken-Ashi
ravingfans said:

agdaddy04 said:

So we have 6 more years before "The Big One"??

Well.. yes, most likely. There's also a first push down off a cyclic high. Then a multi year rebound, then the big drop. So we could still be screwed soon, never fully recover, and then be more screwed.
Heineken-Ashi
Russia orders halt on petrol exports | Oil and Gas News | Al Jazeera

Crude has stubbornly avoided a drop that I was expecting, trading in a defined range for 2 months. Will this be what gets it to break out of the range and UP?

We shall see..
ProgN
RightWingConspirator said:

Yup, I made a huge mistake dumping my shares of POWL at $120. I now realize that buy and hold investors should not take advice from trading investors.

Hope that does not come across negatively…they just have different motivations. This one kills me.

You're making an assumption that buy and hold outperforms actively managing your account with 2 stocks that have been unicorns during a period of irrational exuberance. This weekend, look at several 5-10 year charts on stocks and see where you'd be. Then look at those same charts and buy/sell when the charts told you to. Go 25/75 method. That's 25% above the bottom and and 25% from the top because you'll never pick either perfectly, play in the middle. Also, realize that the number of shares on your re-buy will be higher because you rolled the profits for the next wave. That method of compounding grows your account exponentially.

Please include ROKU on 12/26/18 at $30, the day I bought it with the first purchase in my son's account. I sold it at $200, then it went to $400 and now it's at $63 in 5 years with no splits or dividends. I'd have doubled his money but since that sell. Over the last 2 weeks he's bought 100 shares of PANW at $275 and 100 shrs of SNOW today at $184. I haven't added any funds except a refund from the IRS of $1,800 so please don't discourage people for driving to learn how to do the same for their families because of 2 unicorns. I've proven it is definitely possible over many years.

ProgN
Boy Named Sue said:

I brought up CAVA to 30k and OA on Telegram a while back. I had not ever eaten there or heard of it, but my daughter loved eating there. I had given her some money and started a Roth IRA for her college graduation present. Of course, one of her first stock buys was CAVA. I thought it would be a learning experience for her, but damn this stock has exploded.

But what I really like is that it presents an opportunity to have a conversation about minimum wage and its impact on the economy.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cava-has-more-white-space-ahead-after-its-stock-sailed-past-all-time-high-ceo-231210703.html
I remember you posting that after their IPO. I didn't follow because it didn't excite me and I didn't see it happening. I'm glad that I was wrong and she's profited. I bet her desire to know more about the market has exploded and she's engaged, which is a good thing.
First Page Last Page
Page 6342 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.