Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,010,565 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by El_duderino
Aston04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aston04 said:

Posted this play before.. but back in.. Last time I got out during a runup following a buyout offer... Stock has slid back since...

Chek cap... (CHEK) Was a colon cancer research company. Research failed. Announced company for sale. First offer that was accepted was in exchange for stock of Keystone dental (private company) Eventually failed in December when activist investor research concluded wasn't a good valuation for shareholders... Several members of previous board thrown out in exchange for activist members..

With research shut down to nill last spring/summer - they have been conservatively burning 1 million dollars in cash per month (hopefully less monthly cash burn at this point-- last reported cash was as of September at 28 million). That would put them at 24 million in cash on hand for Feb-1 (no debt). Company currently valued at about 12 million.

There is also possible some IP and value associated with stock listing that could be harvested. Been trading at 2.07 to 2.25 range for a couple weeks. Feels to me manipulation by the activist investor to get more shares before sale. I've been buying at the low end of the range and holding for the runup I expect if/when the sale is announced.

11% move to $2.39 today. Still plenty of upside in my opinion. Really just math here IF they sell. Only other choice I suppose is if they buy another business. Doesn't seem likely activist investors would be ok with that.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Brewmaster said:

I know some here like the Best Maid Pickle Sour too (I still haven't tried it, guess I should!)

I thought i tried it on your recommendation? It's outrageous, it tastes almost exactly like pickle juice, so it's fun to have one once in a while. But just one.
0708aggie
AG
Lol. I don't post my risky trades. I do post my TSLA and AMD plays on Gary's telegram service.
ProgN
0708aggie said:

Lol. I don't post my risky trades. I do post my TSLA and AMD plays on Gary's telegram service.

Well gang, we're all the fat kids in dodgeball, last ones picked.

Just post them, if anyone follows, it's on them, but it's fun to follow and see what happens.
ProgN
Anastasia Beaverhaven said:

ProgN said:

Talon2DSO said:

So you're saying I shoulda bought puts.....
I wouldn't step in front of that NVDA freight train, but they're going to have to crush earnings and guide above already increased earnings for the next qtr and rest of the year or I think they'll selloff and take almost everything with them. Be careful my friend.
Whats the play with NNOX today? Taking a steep dive already.
Did you hold with me Ms. Beaverhaven?
EngrAg14
AG
Been holding 3/1 380 puts for 2 weeks now and feel I should have dumped them.
Did NVDA just mention AI and bunch again?

Can't wait for election cycle to be over so the market can make sense again
M4 Benelli
ProgN said:

ProgN said:

Talon2DSO said:

I wouldn't step in front of that NVDA freight train, but they're going to have to crush earnings and guide above already increased earnings for the next qtr and rest of the year or I think they'll selloff and take almost everything with them. Be careful my friend.

I don't have a beaver, but I'm with you my brutha.
0708aggie
AG
Not at all. I'll post, just don't like to see others lose if they don't work out.
ProgN
0708aggie said:

Not at all. I'll post, just don't like to see others lose if they don't work out.
No one enjoys seeing others lose but it's not your fault. There's no guarantees and everyone makes their own decisions.
AceAggie05
AG
ProgN said:

0708aggie said:

No one enjoys seeing others lose but it's not your fault. There's no guarantees and everyone makes their own decisions.

Second this. Since I've started following this thread, there have been some leads that Prog has posted that I didn't like the looks of. There's some others have posted that I got out of too early, and there's some I've held too long. I'm up overall, and enjoying learning from you guys!
joekm3
AG
AceAggie05 said:

ProgN said:

0708aggie said:

Second this. Since I've started following this thread, there have been some leads that Prog has posted that I didn't like the looks of. There's some others have posted that I got out of too early, and there's some I've held too long. I'm up overall, and enjoying learning from you guys!

Be warned. Some of these move very quickly.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
EliteZags said:

nvda fistfking the recession

Live look at NVDA right now….

Brewmaster
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Brewmaster said:

I know some here like the Best Maid Pickle Sour too (I still haven't tried it, guess I should!)

I thought i tried it on your recommendation? It's outrageous, it tastes almost exactly like pickle juice, so it's fun to have one once in a while. But just one.
wasn't me! lol. I still have yet to try it. I'll stick with my tried and true sours.
DavysApprentice
AG
0708aggie said:

PROG is right. People make their own decisions based on their risk tolerance. The flip side of this is that you could help others make money if you post. Glass half full and all
oldarmy1
AG
We are in ARM, AMD, TSLA, MU, INTC, TTD, BABA calls today. We also have a 2:1 Call/Put Straddle. Those are going to pay 200% tomorrow. All others open anywhere close to today's post market moves it will be a banger open tomorrow.

Also one we've abused on the waves is JNJ. Well JNJ is showing it might be time to breakout finally. Look for the gap fills as targets. I have maintained that the stock had bottomed and one move higher confirms it.

I told the group I see ARM hitting $150.
spud1910
AG
Don't have time to follow much, but did get in the Baba calls.
oldarmy1
AG
spud1910 said:

Don't have time to follow much, but did get in the Baba calls.

Great. You got in the $0.60's that moved over $2?

Baba closing above $75 again worth watching. Getting close to breaking though the major resistance. Once it does it can really fly.
spud1910
AG
I was a little later, but still more than doubled with a runner.
bmoochie
AG
Brewmaster said:

ProgN said:

Brewmaster said:

did you get stopped on FUBO? and still looking for 2.40?
Hey Brew, are you familiar with 11 Below?
Yes, they make great beer! I'd put them in my top 5 of Texas micros.

I like their Taco Tuesday, although not exactly beer (infused with lime).

Dublin Me Luck is great (Irish red)

Oso Bueno is a solid one too (amber).

I'm not a big fan of IPA's anymore, but I think they do solid IPA's as well.

11 below is 11 minutes from my house (no joke). Oso Bueno is delicious. They have really expended their operation from what they started as
TTUArmy
Get ready for some wild stuff today.
EnronAg
AG
more record high after record high this week...this market ain't cooling off until after the D's take over the entire country in Nov...then the rug pull,
AceAggie05
AG
Question. I feel like stocks usually take hits first thing in the morning, before walking their way back up in the afternoon. Is this a known trend? Or just some kind of anomaly with the stocks I'm invested in?
nortex97
AG
NVDA volume over 14 million in the first 5 minutes, haha. Market looks great right now but this is just a caffeine rush I think, still moving more to cash this month/week.
TheVarian
AG
TTUArmy said:

Get ready for some wild stuff today.
ProgN
I'm buying some SPY 4/5 505p @ $7.61
Heineken-Ashi
ROKU very close.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

ProgN said:

Someone in here wanted CRWD cheaper, well it looks like you'll get your chance.

Woo hoo! 3/8 calls in the morning

Closed for an easy 27% overnight
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Screw it. Bought 1 NVDA.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also sold RXRX for a nice +15%.
Anastasia Beaverhaven
ProgN said:

ProgN said:

Talon2DSO said:

Sorry Prog. Got stopped out. You'll have to post better stocks (think SMCI) to get this beaver.
Talon2DSO
AG
Played AMD this morning. Bought a 2/23 175c for $2.90 and just sold for $6.99. Wish I could do this everyday
AgEng06
AG
Are you out of NNOX now? Or still holding it for a push at some point?
Talon2DSO
AG
Bought BABA $75c 3/15 for $3.12.
TheVarian
AG
Made 20% on SMCI, thanks Prog
RightWingConspirator
AG
I went on ahead and added to my position in the aftermarket. I may regret it at some point, but right now it looks like it's not going to make me regret immediately. I added more shares at $731.
First Page Last Page
Page 6328 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.