Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,028,692 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by ProgN
EnronAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SPY ignoring PPI just like I thought...monthly opex this afternoon could be interesting...I think we rip this afternoon...what do the smart technical guys on this board think??
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Meanwhile I'm just flipping TNA for an 8-10% each trade, but it's been a good week.

Sold some at 40 yesterday, bought in at 38 in today's pre, and already on its way to 40 again.

It's no 100x but hey.
Chef Elko
AG
Nah those are great profits, wish I ignored my thoughts of the market and had more exposure the past 4-5 months. Nobody is really shorting the market so I guess we churn higher
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Smci looks like it's trying to pin 835, but max pain is 750... may get another drop today. I will probably buy a lotto put for next week if it holds all day
agdaddy04
AG
Are you guys posting profits from the TTD earnings spike? I see that the price targets have increased to $100.
Heineken-Ashi
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Smci looks like it's trying to pin 835, but max pain is 750... may get another drop today. I will probably buy a lotto put for next week if it holds all day
Max pain is at least $650
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I'm just going off sw@ggy. Is there a better source?
It also says max pain on spy today is 480!?
Brewmaster
AG

I think the big boys that were pushing it moved over to ASML. Some big flow in it now.

also flow on MARA puts
Talon2DSO
AG
Looks like ARM puts might be in play?
Heineken-Ashi

When I consider max pain, I consider the worst case scenario if I were in right now. Not necessarily for today, but based on the potential the chart shows. It can and will change. There's also max glory, but that's nearly impossible to calculate on this one at this time.
EnronAg
AG

I would imagine any 4% drop in 0dte would be max pain for a lot of people...
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Not if you're holding puts!
My understanding of the max pain calculation is that it's the closing price that will cause the collective total expiring options to yield the least money, so the mm have an incentive to push the market as close as they can to that price

Edit: https://maximum-pain.com/options/smci says 850 and 485 for spy
joekm3
AG
Sold my SMCI at $998 yesterday afternoon. Had a little FOMO after hours, but not now!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
$926 for me. No regrets.
Talon2DSO
AG
Huge spike on NNOX
Red Pear Jack
Sponsor
Forgot who was talking about AAPL but it seems to triple bottom on the daily before going up, it seems its trying to find that now and there's good supply/previous resistance in the $180/$182 range. Have to see if it fails there.
Quacked
261 to 1068

Quad bag
Heineken-Ashi
Red Pear Jack said:

Forgot who was talking about AAPL but it seems to triple bottom on the daily before going up, it seems its trying to find that now and there's good supply/previous resistance in the $180/$182 range. Have to see if it fails there.
Lower highs and flat lows. Descending triangle. Punches down more often than up. It needs to get to the $190's before $180, or it could see $160's again.
oldarmy1
AG
ARM is in a bull wedge today. I think it's gonna go higher after a few days.

Told the members yesterday I was buying SMCI $500 Leap puts yesterday. Woot!
oldarmy1
AG
Oh, and just to end on how good a week this was, that one bad trade of UPS $149 calls Monday? Took all week but made it all the way to it. I shorted against the calls the first attempt at breaking and covered for nearly the cost of the original trade. Could sell calls and end up $0.08 net but it's lotto Friday so let's roll!
Ag CPA
AG
It's amazing how SMCI drags the Russell 2000 around by the nose, the moves today look silly.
Brewmaster
AG
funniest thing I've read today:

"SMCI big fall here, to levels not seen since.... Tuesday"
ETX_Ag_22_24
AG
Snuck in REE at 7.64 today to get in on the fun. Did FUBO find some support at 2.06 finally?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jumped into BRK in January for a long term hold. It's quietly jumped 12% in the past month.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ag CPA said:

It's amazing how SMCI drags the Russell 2000 around by the nose, the moves today look silly.

What's impressive is how it's managed to do a slow recovery throughout the day in spite of SMCI.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Something spooked the market it seems
I bleed maroon
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Jumped into BRK in January for a long term hold. It's quietly jumped 12% in the past month.
A shares or B shares?

I'm glad I got 100 B shares a few years back. Couldn't fund it as easily now.

Of course, oldarmy1 probably day-traded 1000 A-shares today, just for fun.
Spoony Love
AG
Was it Trump news? No? Somebody bomb something? Weird drop out of no where like it was planned
El Chupacabra
Spoony Love said:

Was it Trump news? No? Somebody bomb something? Weird drop out of no where like it was planned

I bought a share of VOO.
ProgN
Spoony Love said:

No, just profit taking before a 3 day weekend.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
What a fan fkn tastic week, and to top it off i had a couple xsp 501 flys pay! Forgot to buy another smci lotto put and fsly lotto call before close, but i got a spy 496p and 505c for Tuesday, since we're pretty much right in the middle of this channel
ProgN

What a fan fkn tastic week, and to top it off i had a couple xsp 501 flys pay! Forgot to buy another smci lotto put and fsly lotto call before close, but i got a spy 496p and 505c for Tuesday, since we're pretty much right in the middle of this channel
It's probably nothing but someone was buying FSLY during the last hour in size. I'll take it though.
oldarmy1
AG
I was fishing today. Got back to my office, logged into the computer, took a look at the 15 minute chart and we were at $500.50. Immediately told members I was buying $498 Puts for Monday and then a 4:2 ratio of Puts to calls. We ended with 5 $498 Puts to every 1 $500 call for Monday. Really squeezed the box down tight, since we are right at the two most key technicals at $499.
Heineken-Ashi
oldarmy1 said:

I was fishing today. Got back to my office, logged into the computer, took a look at the 15 minute chart and we were at $500.50. Immediately told members I was buying $498 Puts for Monday and then a 4:2 ratio of Puts to calls. We ended with 5 $498 Puts to every 1 $500 call for Monday. Really squeezed the box down tight, since we are right at the two most key technical at $499.
I'm short IWM going into next week.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I love when i spot the same things that the smart guys here do, even if the way they act on it is smarterer
First Page Last Page
Page 6321 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.