Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,028,779 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by ProgN
EnronAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Really hot PPI numbers across the board…market don't care…gonna shrug it off to another up week to make 16 outta 17 weeks. NVDA earnings coming up next week to send the market into another frenzy week??? Or begin a little pullback to cool this flaming hot market???
HoustonAg2014
AG
Talon2DSO said:

HoustonAg2014 said:

I can't wait for the day that WWR pulls an SMCI… Wake up and give the work month the middle finger

That would be generational life changing for me.

Me too lol. I did a back door Roth conversion last year of all of my shares so all of that growth would be tax free and I have a LOT of shares. It would lead to generational wealth if it ever came to fruition.
Heineken-Ashi
EnronAg said:

Really hot PPI numbers across the board…market don't care…gonna shrug it off to another up week to make 16 outta 17 weeks. NVDA earnings coming up next week to send the market into another frenzy week??? Or begin a little pullback to cool this flaming hot market???
Prices going up for producers but consumers slowing down, so harder to pass them on. This is starting to look like a fear many have had.. potential incoming stagflation.
Spoony Love
AG
Of course SPY flirted with recent high in the overnight session. Not sure what to think this morning with PPI numbers. Wait and see is the approach. If opening is a dramatic move either way, then maybe fade the opening is the play.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
EnronAg said:

We are riding out into the sunset today and will let next week decide the course of the market.
Spoony Love
AG
I would like thoughts on this:

SPY has some unfilled gaps way back to end of Oct and beginning of Nov. We just leave those unfilled?

That would be a >10% correction.
EnronAg
AG
Spoony Love said:

I would like thoughts on this:

SPY has some unfilled gaps way back to end of Oct and beginning of Nov. We just leave those unfilled?

That would be a >10% correction.
I have the exact same question...no way all those suckers go unfilled...but I don't think we see those fill until after the election, personally...
Heineken-Ashi
Go look at the action from 2020 through 2021 and notice the gaps.

When did they close? Was it immediately? If you remember to back then, we knew the market was on a crazy heater. We knew we were in a channel going up and that it couldn't last forever. But most were not bearish. The EV craze was booming. Small cap companies with high debt loads were booming. Everything was booming. You could throw a dart and hit a winner. What caused it to change? And no.. it wasn't the Putin invading. That was merely a catalyst. What changed was interest rates reversed from 0. Not FED rates, but market rates. The difference between Fed funds and market got so large, the FED had no choice but to pivot from their "inflation is transitory" position. Inflation started to take off. And when rates went up, valuations of highly leveraged companies were the first to get hit.
Spoony Love
AG
How about our ol friend CLOV?

It's been trading in a box since Nov. It will trade down below a dollar to about .92 then will pop back up over a dollar. Looks like it could be used to get some net free shares for a while longer. Roughly a 10% gain each increase. Now for the long term aspirations, I'm not sure about it. If it gets to .90 again, I may try to roll some net free on it.
Spoony Love
AG
Good points. So do we see FED keep raising rates or do they stay and we see some stagflation? I'm interested in what happens next for sure. Just seems like we are being setup for a big correction.
Philip J Fry
AG
Talk me down from the ledge here. I know this SMCI run up is very rare and I should not expect a repeat of it here by any means. But dang, aren't these two setups similar?

Heineken-Ashi
AMAT - If we are lucky enough to see $160-$180 again this will be a buy. I have no faith it will drop after a great earnings, but I'm ready if it does.
Talon2DSO
AG
NNOX is my only green so far
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Look out below on SMCI.
Heineken-Ashi
Spoony Love said:

Good points. So do we see FED keep raising rates or do they stay and we see some stagflation? I'm interested in what happens next for sure. Just seems like we are being setup for a big correction.
Watch the bond market and rates. That will tell you what the FED will do. FED follows the market - usually 3m - 1y after the market has spoken. If yields dont get back under 4%. FED likely kicks the can to May/June for rate cuts at the earliest. If rates come down over the coming months under 4%, especially 3.5%, we might see FED action.
AceAggie05
AG
Yeah. I tried to hold strong but couldn't. If it proves to be a dip, I will try to buy back, but I couldn't risk losing on it
ProgN
Talon2DSO said:

NNOX is my only green so far
I jumped into this one for a trade at $10.06 this morning.
ETX_Ag_22_24
AG
Was thinking 4 digits might be a major sell point for SMCI. BLZE up 25%
Bonfire.1996
SMCI buyers beware. This buy the dip area is where retail FOMO investors have historically gotten crushed.

A macro correction, which is way overdue, is the time to buy SMCI, not these intraday dips when the market is reacting to monthly PPI reporting and treasury rates.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I took the easy overnight double on my expiring smci 740p, now watch it crater
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yep, not touching it again with a 10 foot pole until it falls below $500 at least.
Aggie1391
Anyone been following PLUG? What are people's thoughts on it?
AgShaun00
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yep, not touching it again with a 10 foot pole until it falls below $500 at least.
thinking 600, but right idea.
Chef Elko
AG
I'm proud to say I diamond handed the **** out of SMCI for a 100 bagger
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Nice! How did you play it?
Brewmaster
AG
Aggie1391 said:

Anyone been following PLUG? What are people's thoughts on it?
looks like doodoo right now, but a few big buys coming in yesterday and today. You need 3.80 to hold or next support is low 3.40's. I would wait for a day of higher lows (than previous day) to enter.

there is a nice gap on the daily though back to 5.95 when it does reverse trend.

also, has some similarities to some other plays here (gap down on sell off) and now we just wait for it to rebound
I bleed maroon
AG
Chef Elko said:

I'm proud to say I diamond handed the **** out of SMCI for a 100 bagger
That's fantastic - congrats!

To the poster above who asked about PLUG - that was my last 100+ bagger. Now sadly, it's a mere 12-bagger. I have made money on covered calls, protective puts, and some share sales along the way - it was fun while it lasted. I don't see PLUG replicating its' meteoric rise anytime soon.
Number Monkey
AG
ACAD nearing the stop Heineken mentioned a few days ago. Looks like there's some press about a large short-sell that's been announced as well as some criticism leveled at one of their drugs.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/culper-research-takes-short-position-acadia-pharma-2024-02-15/
agdaddy04
AG
What are yalls thoughts on GOOGL - it keeps going choppy when others are outperforming in the same space.
Chef Elko
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

I bought it years ago in 2018 when the Chinese bugged some of their hardware that made it to Apple/Amazon? Knowing the Taiwanese hate China I thought no way it would be a widespread problem and they would find the rat in their supply chain. So I bought at $10 a share, even did it in my IRA haha. I didn't buy a ton and have sold some along the way but had 20% of my shares remaining for this last push because I wanted a 100 bagger. Have a few runners now and whatever happens happens, not life changing profits but it's fun to have a 100 bagger. $10.07 average cost
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Wow!!! 100x with shares!!!
Chef Elko
AG
On the topic of 100X, I remember a poster bringing a penny stock that was trading sub $.10 and it went to $8+ and is now $ALPP. Cheers to that man, I know quite a few of us rode that one up!

Be patient, there's going to be opportunities like this and we will get in early!
Talon2DSO
AG
Dude....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Chef Elko said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

I bought it years ago in 2018 when the Chinese bugged some of their hardware that made it to Apple/Amazon? Knowing the Taiwanese hate China I thought no way it would be a widespread problem and they would find the rat in their supply chain. So I bought at $10 a share, even did it in my IRA haha. I didn't buy a ton and have sold some along the way but had 20% of my shares remaining for this last push because I wanted a 100 bagger. Have a few runners now and whatever happens happens, not life changing profits but it's fun to have a 100 bagger. $10.07 average cost

Chef Elko
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Dude....

Not sure I'll ever have the opportunity again but I can hope! It was a fun ride.
First Page Last Page
Page 6320 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.