Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,017,144 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 59 min ago by ProgN
Heineken-Ashi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Watch $199-$200 IWM. If it rejects from there it could engage another leg forming a downward trend on the hourly. Need to see is sustain above $200
Brewmaster
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

This is setting up for an afternoon dump. Hope I'm wrong.
well timed sir, then the market proceeds to go straight up.

I had puts, that was really did it. lol. 500+ again this week wouldn't surprise me.

seemed like VIX used to matter more, but just doesn't have as much affect. or is it just me?
Spoony Love
AG
SPY today is trying to complete an almost exact mirror image of the action since 9:30, after the opening hour. I'm looking at the 10 minute candle. If it reconnects to 498 like earlier, That should setup for 500 again as mentioned.
AceAggie05
AG
Brewmaster said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

This is setting up for an afternoon dump. Hope I'm wrong.
well timed sir, then the market proceeds to go straight up.

I had puts, that was really did it. lol. 500+ again this week wouldn't surprise me.

seemed like VIX used to matter more, but just doesn't have as much affect. or is it just me?
Maybe I don't understand the definition of "dump". Assumed that meant people selling their stocks.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well I bought SMCI this morning, gave in to the FOMO, and it bugs the hell out of me that I'm re-buying a stock at more than 2x what I sold at, but this thing is a runaway train.

No regrets so far. Gotta figure out a stop though cause there is literally no support in sight.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Any thoughts on IWP? (iShares Russell Mid-Cap Growth)

Picked out this ETF to start DCA'ing in my Roth account, since I already have a broad market ETF and my other accounts are already S&P 500 heavy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Watch $199-$200 IWM. If it rejects from there it could engage another leg forming a downward trend on the hourly. Need to see is sustain above $200
Honestly surprised with how much it's bouncing this quickly. Was kind of expecting a slow grind back up to the $205 range over the next few months, but it sure seems like it'll be up there pretty soon.
Number Monkey
AG
I mentioned in a previous post that I read a positive review of PGY on Motley Fool a while back. I bought based on that article and just came across another review that goes into more detail on how this could be a good long-term play. It's up 11.71% today with next earnings release on 2/21. Here's the article if anyone is interested.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4669409-market-is-giving-up-too-easily-on-pagaya-technologies-it-has-potential
Brewmaster
AG
TLT picking up some big buys here
Heineken-Ashi
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Honestly surprised with how much it's bouncing this quickly. Was kind of expecting a slow grind back up to the $205 range over the next few months, but it sure seems like it'll be up there pretty soon.
Definitely being stubborn. Bears still hold the ball but are risking a turnover if they can't put a shot up soon.
Talon2DSO
AG
AMD can't stop, won't stop
Philip J Fry
AG
APP!!
Heineken-Ashi
Got busy and forgot to buy my puts on FSLY.
ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

They beat estimates but CSCO ****ting the bed didn't help.

Fastly - Fastly Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2023 Financial Results
Philip J Fry
AG
I'll take it.

El Chupacabra
ProgN said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

They beat estimates but CSCO ****ting the bed didn't help.

Fastly - Fastly Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2023 Financial Results
I sold my house for this ****!
oldarmy1
AG
Great day again today. Took early SPX puts at $1.15 that hit $4. Also had SPY puts that went 100%. We entered GOOGL on a trigger trade and made good money. Small to medium were to get out and med-large traders were to go 75-90% out.

Worked great, right? Right up until OpenAI said they were going into competition with GOOGl. Stock drops $4 after hours. Oof!

TSLA calls gave a good trim and then it shoots up after hours before settling back at my key technical $190.54 mark. Had shorted at $192.50 against $190 puts but like a Goober I exited at $191.38 before reading the news on Elon's stake.

For a chop day it was great. I showed the members how large traders scalp a stock. They watched in real time my buying 39k shares of HSY at average price of $190.62 and sold at average $191.26
El_duderino
That's a 7 figure trade in shares if my math is correct?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Dammit, i did buy an expiring 23.5 put, saw it drop like a rock and decided to lock down profits...but i was on a call and distracted, and sold short at 18.1 instead of buying shares to exercise my put against in the morning. Now trying to figure out how to unwind this without using a day trade i don't have. Stupid mistake
aggies4life
AG
Regarding nvda -
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Time to buy RXRX?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
El_duderino said:

That's a 7 figure trade in shares if my math is correct?

Closer to 8!
bmoochie
AG
Prog what are your thoughts now on NNOX? NVDA reports share stake in it and if memory serves me correctly, you mentioned this stock I think over a year ago.
ProgN
bmoochie said:

Prog what are your thoughts now on NNOX? NVDA reports share stake in it and if memory serves me correctly, you mentioned this stock I think over a year ago.
Haven't really watched it that much because it's been crap. It's up almost 100% AH, so I'll look at it more tomorrow.
FTAG 2000
AG
bmoochie said:

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Gotta be honest - getting lots of fomo here and trying to not fat finger anything is hard. Or be emotionally fat fingering
agdaddy04
AG
Was just looking at NNOX around lunch and almost dumped it. Realized it wasn't worth it since it dropped so much, so went ahead and kept it.
Heineken-Ashi
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Gotta be honest - getting lots of fomo here and trying to not fat finger anything is hard. Or be emotionally fat fingering
Stick to your process. You have to be emotionless. Either something fits the profile of what you aim to do or it doesn't. Consistency creates rewards.
Heineken-Ashi
RBLX - Supply zone keeps engaging between $47 and $48. Through $48 and it will run to $54 minimum. Below $41.50 and it could test all the way back down to mid $30's. $65-$70 could be on the table if through $55 and retracements after that hold higher lows.

Edit - Not ROKU. RBLX.
oldarmy1
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

ROKU - Supply zone keeps engaging between $47 and $48. Through $48 and it will run to $54 minimum. Below $41.50 and it could test all the way back down to mid $30's. $65-$70 could be on the table if through $55 and retracements after that hold higher lows.

This can't be ROKU?
oldarmy1
AG
It was exposure of large capital for short period, to show how straight day traders do it. I don't do it regularly but HSY was in a perfect pocket. That said, I told the group always have a plan if it fails to trigger. I had a put/cover call strategy ready to apply if it hit a number I gave them. It came within 4 cents of that number and bounced for a successful trade.

The group bought calls at same level.
ravingfans
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

ROKU - Supply zone keeps engaging between $47 and $48. Through $48 and it will run to $54 minimum. Below $41.50 and it could test all the way back down to mid $30's. $65-$70 could be on the table if through $55 and retracements after that hold higher lows.

This can't be ROKU?

I hope not!! I'm long in this stock and too embarrassed to say what I paid for it under advise of MotFools. Last price paid during trading hours Wednesday was $91.24
Heineken-Ashi
oldarmy1 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

This can't be ROKU?
HA!

RBLX. My bad. Good catch.
Heineken-Ashi
AMAT - earnings tomorrow.

Can make a case either way but am leaning toward selloff. If it drops on earnings, look for $130-$150. That would be an entry zone for the next ride up to $200+. I know it's a large zone, but you have previous resistance levels at $150 and multiple supports all the way down to $130.

If earnings send it up, hard to peg where it would hit, but I'd be leaning toward first resistance between $200 and $210. If it goes crazy, $220 can happen. I do think this hits $250 mid to late this year, and hard to imagine it happening without a couple more swings ala AMD. So I'm ultimately bullish, but would be even more so if it could come back and provide us a juicy entry.

Heineken-Ashi
I'm buying EOG tomorrow. Stop $109.85

Came within $1 of hitting lower trendline for a contracting triangle dating back to mid 2022. $130 is the next touch of the declining upper trendline, so lots of time to confirm. But extremely low R/R here and target likely $200+

If it breaks below the rising lower trendline (which should be in the $108 range, it could press down toward $80-$90 range before finding support. But with the lower trendline so close, and a nice move up off the recent low, I'll take my chances with the good R/R.
First Page Last Page
Page 6316 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.