Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,999,360 Views | 231603 Replies | Last: 20 min ago by CC09LawAg
Heineken-Ashi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm going to reiterate this one more time. MARA below $20 is bearish short to mid term, indicating this bullishness is only a segment (call it the "denial" phase) of the correction from the $31 high. For me to remain bullish, MARA would have to hold $20, and preferably the $22-$23 region at this point, and then resume upward breaking above the $31 high from December. If below $20, this can still be setting up bullish for later this year while the next move down takes it to $10-$14 range.

And you MUST know what BTC is doing when tracking MARA. They are the leader in mining and HODL. They will absolutely react in tandem. And the upcoming BTC halving will incorporate a selloff of some magnitude.

My long term target is still $50+
Heineken-Ashi
REE - If you don't want to take a loss and you bought before today, or you don't want to wait through another possible consolidation pattern, you can move your stop to $6.45. If it comes down before going higher and holds above that, it should get $9 next. Below that and we hope for further consolidation above the lower rising trendline. If you can stomach a little more risk, leave stop at $5.45.
Heineken-Ashi
LUMN - for those who jumped in or weren't stopped on this one, target will be $2.20 range. Stop for me would be $1.25, as this kind of choppy overlapping action tends to continue to be choppy.
El Chupacabra
BABA on anyone's radar?
Philip J Fry
AG
With regards to the halving event, you think the price of BTC is going to go down? I'm looking at this event as the catalyst for killing off any miner who isn't operating efficiently and isn't swamped with debt. Outside of MARA, who fits this bill?
zag213004
AG
Anyone know why IMMR is up 18%?
Heineken-Ashi
I considered not posting this. But there could be something else happening here with BIG. Not bullish as I was previously seeing. But bullish within bearishness.

As long as the low from November holds ($3.47), there's a really big potential return on risk here where your first target would be the gap fill that was created today at $$5.24 with the previous high ~$8.40 being the upper target. Consider that a stop would trigger at $3.46 - less than 30 cents risk. With lower target gaining you $1.50 and uppr target gaining you $4.5+.

That's a return on risk between 6x and 18x. Why would you not take that chance? Plan to lose. But even if you do, you almost have to take these every chance you get, as hitting 1-2 out of every 10 of these you play (even losing the other 8-9) will net you great profits.
Heineken-Ashi
Philip J Fry said:

With regards to the halving event, you think the price of BTC is going to go down? I'm looking at this event as the catalyst for killing off any miner who isn't operating efficiently and isn't swamped with debt. Outside of MARA, who fits this bill?
Yes, down in a consolidation type move. Not a selloff. But the miners will selloff a little harder. MARA is very well positioned. CLSK is absolutely on a tear and have overtaken RIOT. Those are the two I will be playing along with CORZ, and I've outlined my CORZ strategy many times - they have a lot to prove but the potential to be the most lucrative of all.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
UNFI
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Currently at a crossroads, the same I was at in December. I took TNA profits a bit too early back then, so trying to decide if I want to take some now or keep holding.
Heineken-Ashi
If last week was the end of the correction for MTCH, then we have a stop level at $34 and a target between $49 and $50. But it would have to break through $40 and then above $43. So a lot of work to do. And risk has grown with today's move. But those are your parameters.
El_duderino
I've had quite the uncanny ability the last week to sell right before big run ups. UNFI included
Heineken-Ashi
ACAD doing exactly what we want. $29-$32 before earnings, even with some consolidation above $26-$27 range is healthy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
El_duderino said:

I've had quite the uncanny ability the last week to sell right before big run ups. UNFI included
Already screwed the pooch with SMCI and MARA. Holding UNFI now.
Philip J Fry
AG
Eying SA as an entry today.
Heineken-Ashi
If FSLY hits $29-$30 before earnings I'm not going to lie, I'm probably buying puts.
cryption
El_duderino said:

You and me both friend, It was win but a tiny tiny one. Oh well on to the next

I went net free on MARA this morning - starting to build up a long term position of free shares
cryption
In for a small position on FLWS with you HA
El Chupacabra
El_duderino said:

Every person (or computer) that has bought my shares I've sold has made more money on them than I have.
Ranger222
AG
Anyone else dipping their toes into some solar names? ENPH had a decent report and that has sparked FSLR and SEDG. They've been pretty beaten down over the last year, could be good bounce candidates and plays on rotation

Also liking CAR from a chart standpoint

MRVL has a chance to be some easy $$$
Heineken-Ashi
DOW is trying to breakout toward $60. Stop should be $52 as we don't want to see below that for the bullish path to $65.
El_duderino
Chef Elko
AG
Ranger222 said:

Anyone else dipping their toes into some solar names? ENPH had a decent report and that has sparked FSLR and SEDG. They've been pretty beaten down over the last year, could be good bounce candidates and plays on rotation

I've been kicking around the idea. Tough sector to play with rates so high but these have been beaten down and could be ripe for a bounce. You should check out the C.O.B. Tuesday podcast and their episode on 12/20/23 with Goldman's head of US Clean Energy Research. It's worth it IMO if you want to understand some of the dynamics of the downturn and potentially play a bounce.
joekm3
AG
Fidelity won't let me put a stop on REE. I'm just monitoring along the way. I'm up 27.5% so far. In at $5.60.
joekm3
AG
Are we at entry point now on ACAD?
Heineken-Ashi
joekm3 said:

Are we at entry point now on ACAD?
Absolutely. But stop right now is $24.50.
Talon2DSO
AG
Why did AMD dip like that today?? Shot like a rocket then dropped like a rock.
GreasenUSA
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Why did AMD dip like that today?? Shot like a rocket then dropped like a rock.
Following the macro market, which did the same. AMD is going to be a little more sensitive, like most high beta stocks.
Heineken-Ashi
Cryption found HEAVY call interest in the KO $65 3/22 calls. 3.2k volume today on 65 OI coming into today. Dig in deeper and you find they all happened around 9:40 am with largest volume 80 contracts. Hundreds of transactions. It's either..
- Large buyer trying to hide and not show up by splitting into hundreds of small transactions instead of multiple large ones.
- Some trading advisor blasted out a play and all of his followers jumped on it.
- A financial advisor rolling all of his accounts into the trade.

Dig in even deeper and you find the 3/15 $65 calls had the exact same action at the same time.

I just grabbed half a hundred contracts of the 3/15's as that expiration had much better OI and liquidity potential coming into today. Small spend. A $2 move should net 3x or more. Willing to take a chance on it.

Earnings tomorrow before the bell.
fightintxag13
AG
That's a lot of volume for something that had very little open interest before today. Nice find!
cryption
I'm in a few of the 3/22s - I appreciate the eye on it!
EliteZags
AG
Ranger222 said:

ENPH been one of my few successful 'long trades'

bought mid 2021 in low-mid 100s, sold a year later in 2-300s

bought back too early in 2023 starting mid 100s but kept dip buying all the way down at 70, could've had better avg
Ccutamu
zag213004 said:

Anyone know why IMMR is up 18%?

Because I sold covered calls on ut friday.
South Platte
El Chupacabra said:

BABA on anyone's radar?
Not BABA, but I watch YINN and YANG. Lost on YINN multiple times. If I ever get in again it will be in YANG.
gougler08
AG
Ranger222 said:

That Darvas Box on the daily for CAR is real nice...I'm going to look to enter with stop at $155
First Page Last Page
Page 6311 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.