Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,999,520 Views | 231603 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by CC09LawAg
Talon2DSO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
(Re: BIG)

Like it jumped off a cliff. Glad I took profits last week
joekm3
AG
Anyone here in or following IOT?
El Chupacabra
Talon2DSO said:

(Re: BIG)

Like it jumped off a cliff. Glad I took profits last week
You mean I sold before it tanked?!

Lucky!
Heineken-Ashi
IWM - Getting intraday sell signals thought the daily has some room up. I still want to see $202 and would love $205 even more, but I won't rule out a large swing back down soon.
AgCPA95
AG
joekm3 said:

Anyone here in or following IOT?

Have not done a dive into the stock, but I'm a recent customer as we recently signed on with them doing a full rollout of their telematics/camera product for our entire fleet. We have been very impressed with their technology and consistently improving interface. The other companies in the RFP seems to be more dinosaurs when it came to the pure technology side of the business.

Heineken-Ashi
I'm selling 40% of my longer term MARA position here at a significant resistance level. BTC threatening a double top and MARA under the previous high. This is setting up potential for a sizeable drop though anything can happen with BTC and miners. This sell is me getting all of my original investment back plus guaranteeing 25% profit. The rest is my ride or die.
Philip J Fry
AG
Thanks for posting your strategy. This is a danger zone of trading for me personally. I just took a size able profit last week, but days like today have me wanting to jump back in. Almost always lose my shirt when I do this.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Upped my TNA stop to 37.75.
Brewmaster
AG
the volume in MARA is insane. and bitcoin right at the January high. Big battle here.

I just have 1/4 of MARA left, going to set stops higher.

great call Heineken!
spud1910
AG
Traveling for business. What happened to REE?
Brewmaster
AG
spud1910 said:

wow, blast off. I missed the entry on that one, argh.

edit: I don't see any news, if that's what you're asking. see Heineken's post below
Boy Named Sue
AG

Heineken-Ashi
Remember on BTC, there will be a drop of some sort around the halving which is looking like April.
Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster said:

spud1910 said:

wow, blast off. I missed the entry on that one, argh.
Near significant resistance. I'd really like to see mid $8's allowing me to move stop to high $6's. Otherwise, stop remains at lower rising trendline which is about $5.45ish
Heineken-Ashi
PATH - We're looking for gap fill $28.96 but I don't want it coming back under $25 before it happens.
TxAG#2011
ARM go babyyyyyyyy
Heineken-Ashi
Buying FLWS with stop $9.15. Not convinced it won't go lower, but low end 2024 target is $13.50. Very low risk with high reward on risk.
tlh3842
AG
Unless you can listen all day (or at least a very regular basis), you're missing most things. Been on about a month, and there's been a handful of longer swing trades typed out to the group. But most the action is day trading. Lots of lucrative call outs as well, but even if you miss an hour or day here and there you miss out on a ton.

This coming from a current member that's missed most the real big wins over the last weeks. I'll probably stick around, but it stings when the day job cuts into missing the few min of key opportunities.
bmoochie
AG
appreciate the insight and this was kind of what I feared. I will just stick to this thread and other means of education.
bmoochie
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

ARM go babyyyyyyyy
I bought a $120 on Friday for earnings drift. Sold at $10.60 and was happy....Until I logged back on and saw it explode to $35 for my contract. that hurts lol
E
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

ARM go babyyyyyyyy
Glad I held onto a couple of my 4/19 $80 calls, was debating whether to sell and take money last week or hold and take the shares in a couple months
AgCPA95
AG
$POWL continues to run after the huge earning beat a few weeks ago.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TNA going for 40...

(M!LF!)
ToddyHill
AG
Wow, I thought Friday was a great day for my portfolio...today...even better.

Bought 300 shares of a stock I'd never heard of till today...BMR. It was a little over $2 on Friday...got it for $7 at the open and now it's $23.

ARM...
NVDA...
COOP...

I bleed maroon
AG
bmoochie said:

TxAG#2011 said:

ARM go babyyyyyyyy
I bought a $120 on Friday for earnings drift. Sold at $10.60 and was happy....Until I logged back on and saw it explode to $35 for my contract. that hurts lol
I bought ARM stock in November (cost basis $54), and have layered on protective puts at $45, $55, and $95 along the way. I am debating adding more protective puts, because I don't want to sell the stock (via covered calls). Considering vertical call spreads, too. With the premiums so juiced, who has a good idea for me to manage downside risk?
Brewmaster
AG
I like it!

your thoughts on ARM and PLTR continuation? not chasing here, or if I do, play it very very small. more SMCI type moves? this is crazy!
El_duderino
With my work schedule and two young kids, seems like I'd miss out on a lot
Brewmaster
AG
Wow, well done! have you sold any yet? with a cost basis of $54, selling 1/3 at $162 would make you net free on the remaining 2/3.
fightintxag13
AG
What's causing REE to be up 11% on the day? I can't find any news.
Talon2DSO
AG
Allo breaking out of 6 mo cup
Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster said:

I like it!

your thoughts on ARM and PLTR continuation? not chasing here, or if I do, play it very very small. more SMCI type moves? this is crazy!
PLTR - Wouldn't be surprised if it was done and wouldn't be surprised if it continued. Gaps in the $26's and $27's with the upper most and a weekly gap at $31.34 dating back to 2021. I don't see it going much past that. Yet. And I'm actually hoping it sells off after a couple of these gaps close to set up the next leg of an even bigger move.

ARM - I haven't followed it. There's nothing on the chart to go on. I can't say I can provide any meaningful guidance. Would default to someone who understands the fundamentals better.
Heineken-Ashi
fightintxag13 said:

Stocks move all day every day. News is just your brain finding causality. Some news (earnings, financing, splits, huge industry breakthroughs) can move a stock, but most of it is just noise.
bmoochie
AG
Great trade! my opinion and it depends on how many shares you have, but lets say you have 200 shares. With this explosion, premiums are definitely high and ripe to capitalize on it. I would do 1 CC on this example and use that money to enter your protective put. Then its essentially a risk free trade.

OA has mentioned that a lot so you can play with the strikes a little to find ways to still collect on premium cash. Then you still have the 100 shares that you didn't CC in place to ride a continuation move.

This is just an example of course so it really depends on your share count. The goal for the protective put is to cover all your shares which is why you need to play with the strike price a little to find a good spot for you to land. so if you had 500 shares, you do CCs on 300 of them and use that money to buy 5 put contracts.
bhanacik
AG
fightintxag13 said:

Here's a press release from 2/8 that I'm showing as the most recent news on REE - https://newsfile.refinitiv.com/getnewsfile/v1/story?guid=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20240208:nGNEbThG6y&default-theme=true
Heineken-Ashi
The one thing I can tell from ARM, if you go back to my weekend reading on options 2 weeks ago. Gamma Squeeze. It happened.

There is no gamma left on any calls. If you are in calls, you get delta and theta decay only right now. When this ends, price likely reverses.
First Page Last Page
Page 6310 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.