Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,998,262 Views | 231597 Replies | Last: 19 min ago by El_duderino
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
agdaddy04 said:

No offense Taken. . Crowdstrike. Maybe I didn't remember properly, but thought you were discussing it the other day.
Another poster was saying they want a better price for CRWD and he/she has had success with it. I don't follow CRWD closely and I told him that I'm familiar with PANW because I follow that one daily. I have nothing against CRWD, it's just you can't closely follow them all. The most success in swing trading I've had, and still do, is following 20-25 stocks daily. It helps me recognize patterns and movements. IMO, it's better than just buying a stock because of an alert you set and not knowing much about the company.
oldarmy1
AG
The skill level needed is to make sure one knows how to cleanly enter a trade, sell a part (or all) of a trade, depending on the movement. Generally I broke it down by skill level and account balance. Under 5k is automatically a Level 1 newbie trader from my perspective. The Levels described up to Levels 5 & 6 are for large account holders OR highly experienced traders, who then use me as their edge.

That said, I've known Uber wealthy people who were terrible traders, so money balance alone does not move someone into higher levels.

Hit Jeff up on Telegram @JeffOA1 for a weeks access and see if it makes sense for you.
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

The skill level needed is to make sure one knows how to cleanly enter a trade, sell a part (or all) of a trade, depending on the movement. Generally I broke it down by skill level and account balance. Under 5k is automatically a Level 1 newbie trader from my perspective. The Levels described up to Levels 5 & 6 are for large account holders OR highly experienced traders, who then use me as their edge.

That said, I've known Uber wealthy people who were terrible traders, so money balance alone does not move someone into higher levels.

Hit Jeff up on Telegram @JeffOA1 for a weeks access and see if it makes sense for you.

Off topic, did you ever play my POWL rec? Just curious.

ETA: Did someone show the article of the young man that caught that huge fish in Florida?
oldarmy1
AG
Yes I did well with POWL thanks to you getting it on my radar.

I saw that fish. Spoiled kid!
0708aggie
AG
Just another example for oldarmy. I took 30 ARM calls when he announced them. 100 strike, 0.35 per contract, 20 contracts. $700 cost. Sold 10 @$5, 5 @ $10, 5 @ $21. So $700 turned into $20,500 overnight. I don't follow all trades and take different position sizes depending on my level of understanding. I also trade my own (AMD, CVNA, TSLA) and try to contribute those trades when I can. I'm now up 82.5% for 2024 so I'd definitely recommend at least taking him up on his free trial.
DavysApprentice
AG
0708aggie said:

Just another example for oldarmy. I took 30 ARM calls when he announced them. 100 strike, 0.35 per contract, 20 contracts. $700 cost. Sold 10 @$5, 5 @ $10, 5 @ $21. So $700 turned into $20,500 overnight. I don't follow all trades and take different position sizes depending on my level of understanding. I also trade my own (AMD, CVNA, TSLA) and try to contribute those trades when I can. I'm now up 82.5% for 2024 so I'd definitely recommend at least taking him up on his free trial.

I think this is the best thing I get from the service. On top of getting great call outs (like ARM and DIS last week) I have a much better understanding of position sizing and scaling which has made me much more profitable overall.
El_duderino
Any privacy/security issues with the telegram app whether it be on desktop or mobile?
tlepoC
AG
Have alerts gotten better? I subscribed for the initial month but with work meeting wasn't able to listen to the call much at all...only follow telegram chat. Couldnt really follow what was going on very well to actually take action. It was also just a terrible time in the market.

If alerts have gotten better, might be worth subscribing again. Or it's just not for me.
CheladaAg
AG
tlepoC said:

Have alerts gotten better? I subscribed for the initial month but with work meeting wasn't able to listen to the call much at all...only follow telegram chat. Couldnt really follow what was going on very well to actually take action. It was also just a terrible time in the market.

If alerts have gotten better, might be worth subscribing again. Or it's just not for me.

This is pretty accurate with his trial period. Unfortunately, it's was very hard to get in a trade because either it was complicated ( or super quick in and out) execution which is what's necessary in a bearish period or it was just staying on the sideline.

Had the trial period been during the last month I think OA would have kept all of his trialing subscribers because they would all make money executing vanilla trades. It's all about timing.
Philip J Fry
AG
Yeah. I can't access my phone during work. Made it hard to justify the cost.
bmoochie
AG
10000% this. My thoughts exactly.
RightWingConspirator
AG
I'll call the board's attention to a position I picked up about 40 days ago called GigaCloud Technology (ticker "GCT"). I entered the position in two different purchases at $18.61 and $22.91. Right now I'm up about 47 percent. The fair value of this company using a cash flow model is far higher than where it's currently trading ~$29. It's a relatively cheap stock so I put it forth for those folks that are more like me in your investment philosophy (buy and hold) to consider.

Revenues have grown on an annualized basis about 58 percent/year. They are profitable and trading at a P/E ratio of about 16x.
DavysApprentice
AG
CheladaAg said:

tlepoC said:

This is pretty accurate with his trial period. Unfortunately, it's was very hard to get in a trade because either it was complicated ( or super quick in and out) execution which is what's necessary in a bearish period or it was just staying on the sideline.

Had the trial period been during the last month I think OA would have kept all of his trialing subscribers because they would all make money executing vanilla trades. It's all about timing.

This is spot on and I agree completely. If the market is not in a good swing trading period the best thing to do for most swing traders is to sit on the sidelines and this is what was communicated multiple times. There was money to be made day trading but if you can't be super active you would just lose money chasing trades that you were late on.

If market conditions are generally in a bullish period then the swings that are given out more than justify the cost of the service and then some
joekm3
AG
Good to know. I bought a small position 2/5, but I'm up 6.9%.
oldarmy1
AG
DavysApprentice said:

CheladaAg said:

tlepoC said:

This is spot on and I agree completely. If the market is not in a good swing trading period the best thing to do for most swing traders is to sit on the sidelines and this is what was communicated multiple times. There was money to be made day trading but if you can't be super active you would just lose money chasing trades that you were late on.

If market conditions are generally in a bullish period then the swings that are given out more than justify the cost of the service and then some

But no one can time the market.

tlepoC
AG
so you're saying I should give it another month
oldarmy1
AG
ProgN said:

agdaddy04 said:

No offense Taken. . Crowdstrike. Maybe I didn't remember properly, but thought you were discussing it the other day.
Another poster was saying they want a better price for CRWD and he/she has had success with it. I don't follow CRWD closely and I told him that I'm familiar with PANW because I follow that one daily. I have nothing against CRWD, it's just you can't closely follow them all. The most success in swing trading I've had, and still do, is following 20-25 stocks daily. It helps me recognize patterns and movements. IMO, it's better than just buying a stock because of an alert you set and not knowing much about the company.
ProgN
RightWingConspirator said:

I'll call the board's attention to a position I picked up about 40 days ago called GigaCloud Technology (ticker "GCT"). I entered the position in two different purchases at $18.61 and $22.91. Right now I'm up about 47 percent. The fair value of this company using a cash flow model is far higher than where it's currently trading ~$29. It's a relatively cheap stock so I put it forth for those folks that are more like me in your investment philosophy (buy and hold) to consider.

Revenues have grown on an annualized basis about 58 percent/year. They are profitable and trading at a P/E ratio of about 16x.

I pulled up the chart and looked at it's PE and trend. I know jack**** about this company because it's 12:30 am and about to go to bed, but I will know a lot about it before the bell Monday.

Thank you for bringing to the clubhouse. It's more than perked my interest because preliminary take is this could be a big one. I'll know more tomorrow night after I research it further.

I've been prepping food for tomorrow. I've invited friends and family to pop in to eat or eat and stay for the SB. I love to cook and my friends. Beef and chicken fajitas have been marinating since Friday night. Birria taco meat was prepared today and marinating in the Dutch oven in the fridge. It will go in the oven tomorrow morning. The homemade guacamole and salsa is done and in the fridge. I'm smoking pork ribs as snack food/appetizers. I know that doesn't go with the menu, but my ribs are f'ing good and were requested.

All that said, thank you for showing GCT because I want to know more about them. I see potential profitable possibility on the surface,
nortex97
AG
I found this comment interesting; (GCT)

Quote:

I can't wait for the upcoming week…options expire on 2/16, if shorts control it this week, it represents a great buying opportunity, if they don't, the stock will grow. Short interest dropped from 2.1 million shares to 1.6 million shares at the end of January. Good Luck to all!
I am trying to learn still with respect to options but I see this as indicative of a high probability it does move up a bit in the next week or so (.28 PC ratio namely);

HoustonAg_2009
All - Please keep in mind this company is based in China. Chinese stocks have been significant underperformers in the recent years. Not saying it's not a great stock…. I may still purchase.
OneBlitzer
AG
oops! wrong trhread.
ravingfans
AG
oldarmy1 said:

ProgN said:

agdaddy04 said:

Would love to get an interpretation of this--I am long in CRWD from several years ago and looking for the best exit

Best I can tell from OA1, it is about to go south very soon
RightWingConspirator
AG
HoustonAg_2009 said:

All - Please keep in mind this company is based in China. Chinese stocks have been significant underperformers in the recent years. Not saying it's not a great stock…. I may still purchase.

I'm showing their HQ to be in California. Granted, El Monte is an absolute dump of a place, but it's not China.
Red Pear Jack
Sponsor
From what I can see the long term trend is still bullish but it does feel overextended. Might be a good place to scale down until it pulls back to your favorite EMA.
Troy91
AG
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/shootingstar.asp

What Does the Shooting Star Tell You?

Shooting stars indicate a potential price top and reversal. The shooting star candle is most effective when it forms after a series of three or more consecutive rising candles with higher highs. It may also occur during a period of overall rising prices, even if a few recent candles were bearish.

aggies4life
AG
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4536115-gigacloud-joins-wall-street-parade-of-china-meme-stocks

https://www.wsj.com/articles/chinas-gigacloud-goes-public-in-u-s-bucking-delisting-trend-11660841284

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/gigacloud-technology
Bocephus
AG
aggies4life said:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4536115-gigacloud-joins-wall-street-parade-of-china-meme-stocks

https://www.wsj.com/articles/chinas-gigacloud-goes-public-in-u-s-bucking-delisting-trend-11660841284

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/gigacloud-technology

Interesting stuff
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
oldarmy1
AG
Just watch Monday open and close. If it negates that closing candle with a neutral or positive day then it actually has a better probability higher.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
And if it starts a downtrend then thursday or friday would have been a good time to sell march cc on your shares
oldarmy1
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

And if it starts a downtrend then thursday or friday would have been a good time to sell march cc on your shares

If he was already thinking of selling then late Friday, once you saw where the chart was ending, would have been decision time; although I tend to wait to see a break of structure. No clue why anyone would have entered covered calls Thursday.

All that said, the bigger message is get yourself a platform that can trade overnight, because look at the price you can get right now.

https://imgur.com/a/uqR498Q

El_duderino
IBKR correct?
oldarmy1
AG
Best one I've found.
oldarmy1
AG
Our volunteer trade results keeper thinks the results won't be believable the last 2 weeks:

"I've been slacking but new sheet coming out this weekend. Been having to do a lot of backtracking because day trading was so fast and furious. Almost every single trade line is green for last 2 weeks. Almost feels like a doctored sheet to make it look good for twitter or something but a lot of these are my actual prices and trims and probably not as many/good as many of y'all's"

LOL

The trigger trades have all connected. Entries based on understanding the market makers misdirection drawdowns and buying where most traders have stop losses set has helped members get quicker results. It's exhausting work to calculate all the individual stocks for these but it pays off.
bmoochie
AG
Have the alerts improved from a swing trader standpoint? That's been my biggest thing since I can't follow like a day trader. You know I think you are great and I love what you have taught me/us but if people like me can't follow in real time I just am curious if it's worth it
Heineken-Ashi
BIG is dead
First Page Last Page
Page 6309 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.