Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,999,556 Views | 231603 Replies | Last: 26 min ago by CC09LawAg
joekm3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thoughts on CRM going into earnings 2/28?
EnronAg
AG
this market melt-up still amazes me...are we building up for an explosive power hour?!? SPX 5,050 by close
El_duderino
ProgN
EnronAg said:

this market melt-up still amazes me...are we building up for an explosive power hour?!? SPX 5,050 by close
EnronAg
AG
just when the market was confusing me enough...Chip Kelly leaves UCLA as head coach to be Ohio St. offensive coordinator LOL
bhanacik
AG
I got back into TLT looking for move back to 97. Stop at 93
ProgN
EnronAg said:

just when the market was confusing me enough...Chip Kelly leaves UCLA as head coach to be Ohio St. offensive coordinator LOL
confucius_ag
AG
ProgN said:

Brewmaster said:

PLTR
huge Sept 27C buying
If I had to guess, they're positioning themselves for PLTR being added to the SPX. There's a poster here that said a few days ago that he heard in April. That's the only reason I could see going all the way out to Sept with the market at ATH.

I'm not going to follow in that trade.
They meet quarterly so first meeting in March. If they vote to add, I dont know how long it actually takes until actual inclusion.
EnronAg
AG
what's going on with VIX? it was ripping higher when SPX was grinding up...then VIX falls off a cliff on this move down in SPX?
RightWingConspirator
AG
Anyone holding LRCX? I've been a holder now over a year. Even in the face of disappointing earnings, the stock keeps rising. It's up $42 today.
ProgN
RightWingConspirator said:

Anyone holding LRCX? I've been a holder now over a year. Even in the face of disappointing earnings, the stock keeps rising. It's up $42 today.
I'm not in it but this market is irrational exuberance. It's going to rollover and these stocks will be giving a lot back. That's why I'm picking opportunities and taking profits on trades and not being greedy. My cash pile just keeps accumulating and I'll be ready for that rollover.
aggies4life
AG
prog - are you in any bitcoin related stuff? your thoughts?
ProgN
aggies4life said:

prog - are you in any bitcoin related stuff? your thoughts?
Nope, I don't know enough about it and not really interested in trying to learn it. I've traded the miners though, but I don't mess with crypto. I'm not dogging it, it's just not for me and I don't know enough about it to render any opinion, positive or negative.
El_duderino
It's probably been said, but do these current levels have 6 rate cuts priced in?
Brewmaster
AG
EnronAg said:

what's going on with VIX? it was ripping higher when SPX was grinding up...then VIX falls off a cliff on this move down in SPX?
it honestly looks overdue for a pop. and seasonality strongly suggests mid February (next week) we get a pullback (in the markets that is).
Brewmaster
AG
bhanacik said:

I got back into TLT looking for move back to 97. Stop at 93
joined you this a very low risk spot (with a tight stop on).
bhanacik
AG
Big drop at end of day for BIG. Looks like they are looking for new financing https://seekingalpha.com/news/4065273-big-lots-drops-amid-report-its-seeking-new-financing
Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster said:

EnronAg said:

it honestly looks overdue for a pop. and seasonality strongly suggests mid February (next week) we get a pullback (in the markets that is).

February VIX expiration. Watch VXX for bottom and reversal.
EngrAg14
AG
Or, and hear me out on this.
More unemployment news, feds discuss raising rates, a nuke goes off in the south China sea, Ukraine falls, aliens appear.
And the market jumps 10%

Heineken-Ashi said:

Brewmaster said:

EnronAg said:

EnronAg
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Brewmaster said:

EnronAg said:

looking at the 2/23 options chain for NVDA after ER...I cannot imagine the premiums if VXX spikes next week...who on earth is buying those NVDA options?!? my goodness!!!
EliteZags
AG
I'll never figure out this market
one day she's up

the next day she's up
ProgN
EliteZags said:

one day she's up

the next day she's up
I wouldn't recommend that you fight or play puts, but I'd definitely advise you to not say F it and buy at these levels because of FOMO.
South Platte
ProgN said:

EliteZags said:

one day she's up

the next day she's up
I wouldn't recommend that you fight or play puts, but I'd definitely advise you to not say F it and buy at these levels because of FOMO.
I don't like doing what I'm doing, but I recently pulled my entire 401k out of the market and am getting the 5% money market right now. It's not one I'm currently contributing to, so it's purely balance management.

This has obviously cost me some money during January - February.
EliteZags
AG
no fomo been 100% equities for years since using 2020 crash to DCA out of any bonds/international/garbage target date funds I had into straight US stocks
America baby$$
agdaddy04
AG
Think I saw ProgN post about them recently, but how do we see CRWD go? Do they have such a competitive advantage over their competitors?
ProgN
Who are you replying to?
Heineken-Ashi
EliteZags said:

one day she's up

the next day she's up

Like I said, she's up until she breaks support. Don't fight the trends. Back to beer candles.. watch the daily and the weekly. Weekly indecision will tell you it's time to trail up stops.
Heineken-Ashi
South Platte said:

ProgN said:

EliteZags said:

one day she's up

the next day she's up
I don't like doing what I'm doing, but I recently pulled my entire 401k out of the market and am getting the 5% money market right now. It's not one I'm currently contributing to, so it's purely balance management.

This has obviously cost me some money during January - February.

That's not a bad play. 401ks require a different level of risk management. You might miss out on some upside, but I don't think you're going to ultimately regret it.

I've said this many time.. and this is to everyone.. find me another period this bullish with such small and few in quantity of pullbacks. This is setting up like a blowoff top. Not since October. But going back a long long time. We don't know where the top will be. Mag 7 is carrying us up. But I think we're closer than ever.
ProgN
Sorry, my last post sounded rude. I can't figure out which stock you're referring to.
oldarmy1
AG
I bleed maroon said:

Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

joekm3 said:

RIG reports earnings on 2/19 and missed 1, 2, and 3Q23 earnings. Looking at the charts, there was no run up prior to earnings in the past year. Are there any factors that are different this time? If not, then wouldn't your capital get a better return in somewhere else? I retired from AT&T at the end of 2022 and started trading with a small part of my retirement last summer. I still had a block of T stock which fell from about $20 to the lows of $13 and some change. My mindset was that I would sell it when it got back to $20 again. Well, it got back to $18 a few days ago and is now dropping again. I finally realized that there have been so many trade opportunities where I have made great returns but had to take small positions because of the size of my trading account. I could have more than recouped my $7 T loss by liquidating T or at least a part of it in order to amplify more profitable trade opportunities. Maybe removing the emotion will help you evaluate not only RIG but TTD as well. BTW, NVDA reports 2/21. We might have an adjustment before then, but in the current environment, would you rather ride earnings with RIG or NVDA? I sure regret not using some of my T dollars to amplify my POWL and PLTR trades. I'm easing out of T to be ready for the next opportunity.
The RIG Bagholders meet every other Thursday at 7PM under the same bridge that the WWR bagholders meet at.
Sorry - the RIG guys are going to have to find a new bridge. I heard the CLOV and GOCO bagholders have taken up a lot of space under that bridge over time. I believe they brought a table with them, and someone is probably still banging on it. Maybe RIG can have the day shift?

What they should do is learn how to trade. We had two members make a million dollars off of the ARM trade. Granted, they were already millionaires, but they followed the guidance given, and expecting ARM to be a parabola trade.

I had 30k shares and 300 calls. Good trade by the guy on Twitter buying $95 calls. Chump change.

Equally satisfying is one of this forums buddies account went from $28k to $57k this week.

This is why I wanted to have a service. All the angst by people who simply don know how to trade are getting educated and building wealth. They see the process. I imagine if you ask some of them, they'll tell you they used to moan about becoming bagholders. Not anymore.

agdaddy04
AG
No offense Taken. . Crowdstrike. Maybe I didn't remember properly, but thought you were discussing it the other day.
El_duderino
Do you work with accounts of all sizes? Seems like a lot of the folks that use your service are pretty large accounts
Troy91
AG
My account is not large. There are actually quite a few of us who continually avoid the pattern day trader flag.

The majority of OA1 trades are for options that are .75 or under. While others may be buying a ton, I buy 5, 3 or 2. This allows me to follow the advice, get trims in, and allow net free runners.

A smaller account changes how many stocks you can trade and you can definitely follow OA's disciplines.
aggies4life
AG
What level skill trader does one need to be for your service? Also is there a min amount account balance needed?
EliteZags
AG
agdaddy04 said:

No offense Taken. . Crowdstrike. Maybe I didn't remember properly, but thought you were discussing it the other day.
uncharacteristically bought a handful this summer in the 140s solely based on one youtube video

one of the few times that's worked out
First Page Last Page
Page 6308 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.