Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,168,907 Views | 232066 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
TxAgLaw03RW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow. I probably don't want to know, but where was it when Prog first mentioned it?
bmoochie
AG
He will have to chime in to be sure but I want to say in the $250-$270 range i think
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm dumb. I sold SMCI around $300.
TheVarian
AG
A year ago and a month prior to today it was $70.
ProgN
It was last Jan when I first mentioned it and I was waiting for it to fill the gap under $100 shr to take my first position. Needless to say, it never did.

OOPS
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Moved my stop on SAVE up to $6.65. Still aiming for $9.99.

Seems to be creating support around $6.80.
spud1910
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm dumb too. I sold it around $350.
spud1910
AG
ProgN said:

It was last Jan when I first mentioned it and I was waiting for it to fill the gap under $100 shr to take my first position. Needless to say, it never did.

OOPS
Yeah, I think I first got in around $235. Thanks!
ProgN
spud1910 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

It'll come back down, don't chase. The shorts have their nuts in a vice today and are covering. Let the dust settle and don't FOMO.
spud1910
AG
ProgN said:

spud1910 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

It'll come back down, don't chase. The shorts have their nuts in a vice today and are covering. Let the dust settle and don't FOMO.
No doubt. I like the strategy you have been discussing.
EnronAg
AG
SPY clipped a 2 year high...ATH in the crosshairs before a sizeable pullback in March when the nutless R's finally step up and don't pass the next installment of D's getting what they want in the CR bill (I know, I know, pipedream...R's don't have a spine to do that)
Heineken-Ashi
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Moved my stop on SAVE up to $6.65. Still aiming for $9.99.

Seems to be creating support around $6.80.
Proud of you on this. Although I wouldn't advise too many attempts in that situation. Still a falling knife to ATL's that might merely be taking a breather. But congrats.
tlh3842
AG
ProgN said:

tlh3842 said:

ProgN said:

El_duderino said:

For the more experienced folks here, what methods would you lean towards to grow a small $1000 account? Scalping options? Trading low priced stocks such as Fubo or Lyft that Heineken mentioned? Etc?

I'm not advocating for you to do it, but I'd buy mid-Feb to March SPY puts and trade those, but it's risky and you will either blow up your account or compound it quickly.

Any SPY numbers you'd target for this? Got a couple $ burning a hole in my pocket haha
If you want to gamble, I like the 2/16 $475p less than $5.

Here we go!
EnronAg
AG
ProgN said:

tlh3842 said:

ProgN said:

El_duderino said:

For the more experienced folks here, what methods would you lean towards to grow a small $1000 account? Scalping options? Trading low priced stocks such as Fubo or Lyft that Heineken mentioned? Etc?

I'm not advocating for you to do it, but I'd buy mid-Feb to March SPY puts and trade those, but it's risky and you will either blow up your account or compound it quickly.

Any SPY numbers you'd target for this? Got a couple $ burning a hole in my pocket haha
what's your thought behind 2/16 vs maybe a $470 out in 3/15 for about the same price...less theta decay and you bring into the equation the March govt CR vote, which should prolly be a bit more contentious than this month, plus March rate cuts that most likely won't come to fruition? granted if the pullback happens quicker say in the next week or two, there won't be as much profit in further dated options, but I just don't see this market slowing down until a major catalyst in late Feb to March timeframe...
Heineken-Ashi
Out of SPY Jan26 $475 calls from Wednesday with 150% gain. Waiting for next setup whether or up or down.
HoustonAg_2009
Our SMCI is shooting up, but our POWL has been in a funk. Do we reenter POWL here?
ProgN
EnronAg said:

ProgN said:

tlh3842 said:

ProgN said:

El_duderino said:

what's your thought behind 2/16 vs maybe a $470 out in 3/15 for about the same price...less theta decay and you bring into the equation the March govt CR vote, which should prolly be a bit more contentious than this month, plus March rate cuts that most likely won't come to fruition? granted if the pullback happens quicker say in the next week or two, there won't be as much profit in further dated options, but I just don't see this market slowing down until a major catalyst in late Feb to March timeframe...
I'm not holding till expiration. I'll trade it within 2 weeks if I'm right. I don't swing for the fences with options. If I get near 50% ROI, then I'll sell out. Those singles build up your cash available pretty quick.
ProgN
HoustonAg_2009 said:

Our SMCI is shooting up, but our POWL has been in a funk. Do we reenter POWL here?
My man, you knew It'd be getting my attention at these levels. The chart still looks like it wants $70, so I'm just going to be patient.
AgCPA95
AG
ProgN said:

spud1910 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Got in at $330.50 AH after the news hit yesterday and out at $411 this morning. I think I should just go straight to a no return lunch as I feel done for the day!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

If BLDE holds todays low, we have phenomenal risk reward with stop immediately below and minimum target $4 range.

Blde more or less confirming support here. Worth a shot?
ProgN
AgCPA95 said:

ProgN said:

spud1910 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Got in at $330.50 AH after the news hit yesterday and out at $411 this morning. I think I should just go straight to a no return lunch as I feel done for the day!
Damn great trade brother and smart not being greedy. You booked your profit and now let it cool off. I'd take the rest of the day off too.
EnronAg
AG
Gotcha, thanks for the response...I wasn't implying holding to expiry or swinging for the fences...just giving it a bit more room to profit from with some political and interest rate risks after Feb expiry...but I hear ya! Thanks!

Also, I don't plan on entering until we hit ATH...I think it's inevitable SPY hits about $482 in the next few trading days...
EnronAg
AG
SPY just clipped the ATH...let's see what happens next
Heineken-Ashi
If anyone jumped into TTD this week, minimum target in the short term is $68.50 - $70 range. Support will then rise to the mid $66's and if it can hold, next target will be $71 - $74.50 range. Below mid $66's and support is recent bottom closer to low $60's, so stop now lower than $66.
gigemJTH12
AG
Haven't been on here in forever. Does OA still talk about WWR?
Heineken-Ashi
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

If BLDE holds todays low, we have phenomenal risk reward with stop immediately below and minimum target $4 range.

Blde more or less confirming support here. Worth a shot?
Sure. But support dropped to $2.50. And if gets that deep I start to feel uneasy with the potential for upside. IWM doesn't have the strongest setup, so maybe not a high probability play. But you never know.
E
AG
ARM… thanks OA!
EnronAg
AG
new SPX all time high...grind up a little more than I'm setting in my puts...
HoustonAg_2009
Right on… I'll sit on my hands, but for not much longer! I'm ready to load up.
Heineken-Ashi
Don't try to time a top. Recipe for failure. There will be PLENTY of time to profit off downside setups. Timing a top is a gamble. Wait for a break down under support that signals a top might be in. Will need to zoom out a little for this, as even a 200 point breakdown right now could still just find support and reverse higher. As of now, I'd be looking toward the 4630 range. And as low as the October low. Then wait for a choppy attempt back up 25-50%. That's when you start layering in your shorts. You have a better invalidation point and can better set your targets.

Anything else is pure gambling. Can you win big? Sure! But you can also lose big.
Heineken-Ashi
Also, beer candles are helpful. Going counter trend is the hardest thing to do in trading. Ride WITH the trend until it breaks.
Heineken-Ashi
Buying LUMN right here. Stop $1.10. Minimum target $1.50. Expected target $2, Balls to the wall target $2.50.
Heineken-Ashi
If UNFI can break through $16 in the coming 1-2 weeks, it could finally do something. Support remains down to $14's short term and high $12's last stop.
cryption
Heineken-Ashi said:

Buying LUMN right here. Stop $1.10. Minimum target $1.50. Expected target $2, Balls to the wall target $2.50.
Sure would love to see 2, I have a pretty good position from a while back
Heineken-Ashi
LYFT - If it can hold $11.50 range, could have a trip up to $17 on the horizon with gap at $30 looming pretty as max target. If not, could fall back to $10 and possibly lows.
First Page Last Page
Page 6275 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.