Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,171,159 Views | 232066 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Boy Named Sue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good to see you too Prog! Glad I had time to trade a little today. And glad I got out when I did.
Heineken-Ashi
VXX is working on a bottoming structure looking like low $14's, all lining up with VIX/VXX monthly expiration. Expecting a big swing in volatility leading up to and through that area. Also lines up with the volatility timing of the year 2000 fractal.

Until then, we either chop around or melt up.

Of course, things can change. Market don't care what I think.
bmoochie
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

VXX is working on a bottoming structure looking like low $14's, all lining up with VIX/VXX monthly expiration. Expecting a big swing in volatility leading up to and through that area. Also lines up with the volatility timing of the year 2000 fractal.

Until then, we either chop around or melt up.

Of course, things can change. Market don't care what I think.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I feel like we rocket tomorrow.
AgCPA95
AG
$CHK and $SWN announce $7.4 billion all stock merger

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Inflation higher than expected. Interestingly, the market fell off a cliff but seems to be rebounding.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Inflation higher than expected. Interestingly, the market fell off a cliff but seems to be rebounding.
Higher than expected even though housing costs/impact to the data has been trending down and Oil/Gas Prices have been coming down too...

This shows you that Inflation has not been tamed and it's still impacting the everyday consumer in the wallet on almost everything else.
Philip J Fry
AG
Market thinks we get 6 rate cuts this year, but fed is only planning on two? Could be a bumpy 2024.
EnronAg
AG
markets will shrug it off...hey, it's not 9% anymore, is the constant argument...Fed's pivot a month ago will prove to make things difficult with inflation in the months ahead if the numbers are ever reported accurately...
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
I don't think the fed does ANY cuts until we get closer to 2.0% inflation. Because if they cut at 3%, it would show they are ok with 3% inflation and that's not what they want.

But if the fed does any cuts this year, it's because we are in a recession and they need cuts to spur activity.
EnronAg
AG
I would 100% agree with you if we were not in an election year...but the Fed will play politics and there will 100% be some rate cuts before we are remotely close to 2% inflation and it will cause the American consumer harm and they won't care...inflation WILL reaccelerate in the back half of the year, most likely after the election...
ProgN
I urge extreme caution and don't FOMO right now. I don't like some of the indicators I'm seeing. I don't know what the catalyst will be, but we're going to drop.
joekm3
AG
TSLA is under $230.
Ccutamu
Brian Earl Spilner said:

You need to give a direction next time.
GreasenUSA
AG
Always love when the permabull on this thread pounds the table. Most reliable indicator that it's time for puts.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I got some at 226 and change, I'll double up if it drops again
krosch11
AG
We don't buy puts until Aggie Daniel stops by to say hi. Thems the rules
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
joekm3 said:

TSLA is under $230.

Getting throttled because he announced raises for entire us workforce. The news is covered up with layoffs announcements and elon's giving raises. Give the man a medal
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ccutamu said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

You need to give a direction next time.

Luckily for me, I'm still sitting on a bunch of cash from my profit taking in December.
Heineken-Ashi
MARA going to provide one last opportunity to buy in the high teens. Low risk, ridiculous reward.
Heineken-Ashi
Just sold a Feb TSLA $225 put and put in an order to buy 100 shares. Stop is a hair under $221.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What's your target?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Hairy says we putting in a new high by eod. Worth throwing a flyer at
Heineken-Ashi
TSLA - $325 - $350
Mara - what did it do last time BTC was in a bull market?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

MARA going to provide one last opportunity to buy in the high teens. Low risk, ridiculous reward.

Why is it getting pulverized today? How many btc do they have? Wouldn't it be fun if the banks operating the new btc etfs were trying to short it into oblivion and end up with another monster squeeze?
Brother Shamus
Mining is an interesting business. You have algorithm changes to ebb and flow with hash rate, power consumption rates, for RIOT here in Texas the rebates from the power companies, price of BTC and the halving.

BTC has to increase in value over time, the transaction fees will need to be juicy as well for the whole kitkaboodle to work. So far we have seen the ecosystem continue to work through halving events - and each halving event isn't as bad as the previous one.
Heineken-Ashi
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Why is it getting pulverized today? How many btc do they have? Wouldn't it be fun if the banks operating the new btc etfs were trying to short it into oblivion and end up with another monster squeeze?
Selling and profit taking after a major heater as it remains under previous high? How many holders got in under $10? I know I did.

$20 support is holding strong. Could come all the way to $15 and still be in an uptrend off the low. Look at 2021. Sold from $29 to high $15's. Then to $50. Selloff to $20. Then to $85 by end of year. Not coincidentally that's the last time BTC was in bull market.
Heineken-Ashi
CORZQ. $1.20 and I'm buying. Have to get enough shares to have a decent position when the shares split 25:1.

Edit $1.30. $1.20 would be amazing but not sure it gets there.
ProgN
joekm3 said:

TSLA is under $230.
$HTZ is dumping EVs for ICE vehicles. They were going to buy a fton of Teslas. Public adoption of EVs has dropped dramatically and growth of numerous competitors are significant headwinds. I'd avoid it personally, but that doesn't mean short it or buy puts. I think it'll print below $150/shr and then it'd start to get my attention. JMO
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Sava ran today, and closed above the magical 26.4 price that somehow impacts the warrants (which doubled today). I think I'm going to exercise my warrants to get the bonus shares but it looks like I'll have to call fidelity to do that. Anybody looked into it yet?
MRB10
AG
Differences in sentiment, adoption, and the ETF factor are going to make this a very different cycle for mining stocks. I'm curious to know how you're thinking about a few of these mining stocks from a setup standpoint. Thoughts?
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
Heineken-Ashi
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Sava ran today, and closed above the magical 26.4 price that somehow impacts the warrants (which doubled today). I think I'm going to exercise my warrants to get the bonus shares but it looks like I'll have to call fidelity to do that. Anybody looked into it yet?
I've got potential runway to $28 before next dump. Might not get there though.
Heineken-Ashi
Pepper Brooks said:

Differences in sentiment, adoption, and the ETF factor are going to make this a very different cycle for mining stocks. I'm curious to know how you're thinking about a few of these mining stocks from a setup standpoint. Thoughts?
Parabolic moves make things hard to track. And you're right, we're in a different world than 2021. But markets are markets and are largely driven by sentiment, greed, fear, and stupidity. Much more so than fundamentals and logic. While something might eventually trade into its fundamental logical range, there's a reason why the market keeps moving on days when there is no news and no fundamental changes. People on all sides of the coin doing what they do, buy and sell.

All we can look to is the attitude around these instruments the last time people got bullish bitcoin. That indicates up up and away with some swings up and down in the process. Will it happen? Who knows. So like I always say, set your stops based on your personal risk management and trade what's in front of you. Don't FOMO, don't get greedy, but also don't be overly conservative if history fractals match a current trend.
tlh3842
AG
ProgN said:

joekm3 said:

TSLA is under $230.
$HTZ is dumping EVs for ICE vehicles. They were going to buy a fton of Teslas. Public adoption of EVs has dropped dramatically and growth of numerous competitors are significant headwinds. I'd avoid it personally, but that doesn't mean short it or buy puts. I think it'll print below $150/shr and then it'd start to get my attention. JMO

Wow, much different (at least price wise) perspective than Heineken
RenoAg
Last time bitcoin ran there was excess "free" covid money everyone was throwing at it, no? At least that's how I remember it. Just a consideration. And of course I am usually wrong. So yall go ahead and Costanza me and get your bag.
First Page Last Page
Page 6268 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.