Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,169,531 Views | 232066 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lol i have a couple of those in my portfolio! Unfortunately not all of mine are just net free shares!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well that pullback was short-lived.
Heineken-Ashi
Yesterday's mini selloff gave the first daily down sell signal on SPX and ES since the July top. Back In July, that sell signal was the second one. The first was in June followed by 6 down days into a support zone which were followed by another rmonth of upward push into the second sell signal.

Please note, these are not trading signals. I've seen as many as 4 sell signals before an actual sizeable selloff. These are more or less just confirmation that the market is overbought. Markets can be irrational far longer than you can be patient.

Looking at the beer candles for ES, yesterday ended as indecision with today already being indecision (downward trend to confirm would need a red candle, not a double wick). Feels like we might get the one more push into end of week or possibly next week. No guarantees on anything right now. My advice would be to move stops up to support levels. Upside is great. Continuation sucks to miss. But taking profits and not being greedy is also a good move. Just be smart up here.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
I just rolled my Jan 2025 VTI $215P hedges to $225P for the same strike. Actively locking in some insurance and at least $15 per share of gains over my cost basis should the market take a dive here in the next few months.
EnronAg
AG
SPY gonna fill the overnight gap...and then we moon shot into New Years...only for a 10+% rug to be pulled in early Jan...I still don't think we see an SPX 3 handle until the election is settled...call me a conspiracy theorist, but no way they don't let this donkey market keep running until they get the guy they want...the window dressing on the 29th is gonna be stupid...
confucius_ag
AG
Here comes the dump
Heineken-Ashi
ROKU short term retracement play. Bought at $91 (not too late). Stop with break of yesterdays low $88.70. Target $98-$101. Shouldn't take longer than a week or two. $96 will be first resistance if it starts to move up.

Risk is not small. No guarantee on results. Play at your own risk.

(Edit: Put $86 resistance and meant $96. sorry)
EnronAg
AG
the move (whichever way it goes) is gonna happen in about 20 min...I think we go up...but would not be sad to see it dump I think they mixed up the algos yesterday...and Santa algos about to go off...
cgh1999
AG
Anyone still in MARA? Thats been a nice ride over the last 6 months!
Quacked
Not MARA. But I was heavy into HUT/HIVE
AgPT06
AG
I have been selling CC's and am way beyond net free but half my shares are going to be taken 1/5 unless I roll it out.
Heineken-Ashi
MARA is mining like crazy. Also in acquisition mode to pick up smaller miners.

Also, watch for CORZQ. Coming out of bankruptcy likely early next year.
Ragoo
AG
Anyone have opinions on Tiny? TNYZF

I think I am going to start betting heavy on this one after the first of the year. Betting on Andrew Wilkinson.
cgh1999
AG
AgPT06 said:

I have been selling CC's and am way beyond net free but half my shares are going to be taken 1/5 unless I roll it out.

I was looking at those, but thankfully never pulled the trigger. May sell some way out of the money 2-3 weeks out. Won't get much premium, but less likely to be called.

What I have is net free anyway.
aggies4life
AG
Biggest winner for sure!!! Wish I bought more and wish I put my wwr money into it!!!!

Now when do you plan to cash out seeing it sup 600% ytd?

Also - what is everyone doing with wwr!!!!
ravingfans
AG
aggies4life said:

Biggest winner for sure!!! Wish I bought more and wish I put my wwr money into it!!!!

MARA up 150% since 11/17 ($10). How many of you were able to catch that trend or rode it up and down all year?
gougler08
AG
ravingfans said:

aggies4life said:

MARA up 150% since 11/17 ($10). How many of you were able to catch that trend or rode it up and down all year?

Id been net free on MARA for a while and had just been selling covered calls and finally got called out when it blew through the cup a couple weeks back
EnronAg
AG
PCE 0.1% cooler than whisper (of course it is)...we'll close at new 52w high...ATH next week for sure!!!
El Chupacabra
ravingfans said:

aggies4life said:

I got in at like 18...road it down to 3.50 or whatever, didn't double and triple up, and will most likely get called out today at 25
Quacked
Took the 92c weeklies because im a degen, thankfully it popped at the right time this morning and I got out all but one. Might get into next weeks with this dip.
Heineken-Ashi
Quacked said:

Took the 92c weeklies because im a degen, thankfully it popped at the right time this morning and I got out all but one. Might get into next weeks with this dip.
Congrats.

Interesting selloff as expected at $96 resistance after a robust move early. Needs to bust up and through $96 or else this morning might have been a quicker and more shallow move than expected. But if you bought at $91, you could have made $5 per share in less than 24 hrs. I sold a chunk. Hoping it resumes upward now but will be watching very closely as it's proven it can react violently.
Heineken-Ashi
Playing some IWM $203 lottos.
aggies4life
AG
Added this to my list - first time coming across it, thanks!

What is Good entry point on this in your opinion?
Fightin2010
AG
Been holding a mix of btc miners since bitcoin at $20k and adding to dips. It's been quite good to me. Holding all these until BTC $100k but I'm a big time believer.
ravingfans
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

So if a company just recently comes out of bankruptcy are they at a lower risk to go back into bankruptcy again because of the requirements on them? If they do enter it the shares are completely wiped, but I believe the options are protected by the market, correct?
Heineken-Ashi
Hard to tell. I think I read there's a split coming up. So if you go in before they come out of bankruptcy you might get diluted.
Heineken-Ashi
ravingfans said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

So if a company just recently comes out of bankruptcy are they at a lower risk to go back into bankruptcy again because of the requirements on them? If they do enter it the shares are completely wiped, but I believe the options are protected by the market, correct?
I'm honestly not sure. I think there was some restructuring here. They got WAY over leveraged on the last run up and the big downturn destroyed them. I think shareholders were offered priority of new shares at a cost significantly lower than its at now. But they will also be diluted of all their shares.

Regardless, they mine a lot of coins and would be expected to manage a tighter shop. Could be interesting.
aggies4life
AG
Which ones?
Fightin2010
AG
Mix of MARA, CLSK, RIOT, MSTR and GBTC (not miners) cuz I had no clue which would be the winner
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BT1395
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That strike price has to be a mistake, right???
EnronAg
AG
no, it's a $8 option essentially and they are putting up almost 25% less capital...to make a bet that it increases...if it goes up $9 or more, they make money...it's a leveraged play

I now hope NVDA dumps to $100
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

NVIDIA CORPORATION - Nancy Pelosi Congressional Trade (quiverquant.com)
EnronAg
AG
damnit, knowing their crooked aces, they bought at the low that day (11/22) and got it at $477 so they are in the the money right now...or probably already sold on 12/18 at $504 knowing a dump was coming...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Another dump today...
First Page Last Page
Page 6261 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.