Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,163,927 Views | 232065 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by ProgN
HoustonAg_2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Loving the action on the banks (WAL, TFC). Do we trim here?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

TNA

I'm sure Prog has a good gif for that ticker

ProgN
TxAgLaw03RW said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

TNA

I'm sure Prog has a good gif for that ticker
ProgN
HoustonAg_2009 said:

That's a decision that you have to make my friend. You decided to buy them, only you can decide when to sell them. No one has a crystal ball.
HoustonAg_2009
Damn ProgN I thought you had all the answers! In all seriousness, I respect your words on this forum more than most, if not all.
dreyOO
I've been way long on AYX, not by choice but now I'm in the green. Where'd this 5% pop come from?
Heineken-Ashi
Banks have very weak balance sheets. While there is likely some more upside in the near future (3-6 months), the long term outlook is very very weak.

Consider that the forward looking treasury curve has 7-10 year yields not getting below 4% next year and not below 3% through 2026. With 100-300 basis point spreads, that equals commercial lending rates at 4% at the very lowest and 6% at the highest in 3 years. SOFR curve is a little bit softer, but spreads are significantly higher meaning the all in rate will likely still be 6%-7% or higher for floating rate debt. FED funds dot plot shows fed rates not breaking below 3% until 2027, and likely above 4% until 2026 (and remember, the FED dot plot is merely a wishlist. It has no basis in factual reality as things change daily).

That means that it's still going to be very a very tight lending environment. And banks with long term treasury exposure are still going to have duration mismatch for the next 2-4 years.

So ANY SORT OF scare, bank run, or liquidity crisis means that just about every bank will be feeling a squeeze. The scare we had with SVB was not the last one.

My advice is to have your stops in place. Don't run for the hills. But don't be exposed to downside.

Term SOFR, Fallback Rate (SOFR), and Treasury… | Chatham Financial
South Platte
ProgN said:

HoustonAg_2009 said:

That's a decision that you have to make my friend. You decided to buy them, only you can decide when to sell them. No one has a crystal ball.
What is your strategy on SMCI? Are you keeping some for the long haul and buying/selling some as it moves between $250 and $300?
ProgN
South Platte said:

ProgN said:

HoustonAg_2009 said:

What is your strategy on SMCI? Are you keeping some for the long haul and buying/selling some as it moves between $250 and $300?
I've been adding on pullbacks and when it explodes higher, like it did the other day, I've been writing 1-2 week CC's because the premiums are so juiced and I write them for prices higher than I bought them for, so if/when called away I still profit and bank the premium. Then I buyback in when it makes a big move down. I bought some back today at the open with it dropping because they're issuing 2M new shares. I did not like them doing that but I saw it as a good place to buyback some that have been called away.

SMCI only has a 53 million share float so it swings like crazy but they're very profitable and a solid company. They're well positioned to profit from this generative AI boon that is just now starting. Dancing with it is not for the faint of heart, but if you follow it long enough then the swings won't scare you. If you've seen the movie "Dog" with Channing Tatum, it's very similar to that, except it's a stock.
oldarmy1
AG
We had a 100% win rate for trades called during the week, measured by achieving 50% ROI+. Told everyone not to get spoiled by that, as I target a 70% win rate.

Lot of the members liked some day trading mixed in with longer term trades, so I gave a META out that ran 200% for an out. Those ended up running 400% but I like the meat of a trade intraday. I then gave a bottom projection and when the set up came to us we went long calls for a quick 50% ROI.

IOT is one of my favorite long term holdings and it made a measured move today after being given an award.

I can now give another one we bought shares and calls in. FMC

It is Ag Chemicals some of you likely know. They bought Tide Chemicals years back and the stock got hammered on forecasted weakness plus some expiration of labels. That said they have the best combination chemicals in the market and we bought shares and calls low $50's with design to trim into $56 and place a hedge strategy. I can see that making $100 next year.

Hope all is well!

PS - We had our 1st member inform us he made 500% on my SCHW call. Had a bunch of people in that trade selling along the way, but was proud to see someone take the targeted move for the big score!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SCHW has served me well this year. Took a nice profit on it for the second time yesterday.
El_duderino
what's the preferred platform for options? Fidelity or Schwab?
oldarmy1
AG
IBKR

No question
Heineken-Ashi
Now that it's December. I want to start a Texags stock market thread 24 for 24.

I'm going to put together a list of 24 stocks that I believe will perform very well over the next year. One's that you can buy over the next 1-2 months (we will have entry targets) and hold through most of 24. Of course, some will hit targets early and be sold. Some might be longer duration holds. But I'm looking for the best combo of risk/reward and general upside in price.

I will vet any stock thrown my way and consider it. I will give reasons why it is or is not selected. Throw ideas my way and lets build our portfolio!

I will go ahead and say that outside of a few outliers, banks will likely not be making my list. I'm very bearish banks and financials and think 2024 election season is going to be a bad time for them. But I am always open to letting the charts speak. So no blinders here if the chart makes sense.
krosch11
AG
I'm game for this. I'll do some research as well and bring some ideas
59 South
AG
BYON
59 South
AG
FUBO
59 South
AG
ROKU
59 South
AG
PINS
59 South
AG
ENVX
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
TSLA & RIG
reedsterg
AG
WWR
bmoochie
AG
59 South said:

BYON

I flipped this for a feh hundred dollars. I clearly sold way too early.

Think this has a lot more room?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
LUV
MRB10
AG
MSTR
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

Now that it's December. I want to start a Texags stock market thread 24 for 24.

I'm going to put together a list of 24 stocks that I believe will perform very well over the next year. One's that you can buy over the next 1-2 months (we will have entry targets) and hold through most of 24. Of course, some will hit targets early and be sold. Some might be longer duration holds. But I'm looking for the best combo of risk/reward and general upside in price.

I will vet any stock thrown my way and consider it. I will give reasons why it is or is not selected. Throw ideas my way and lets build our portfolio!

I will go ahead and say that outside of a few outliers, banks will likely not be making my list. I'm very bearish banks and financials and think 2024 election season is going to be a bad time for them. But I am always open to letting the charts speak. So no blinders here if the chart makes sense.
I'm interested but I doubt my list will hit 24 because I don't zero in on that many because to get to 24 then I'd have to reach and post some that I haven't really done the proper DD on. I don't want anyone here to lose real money on a stock I don't really know just to meet a requirement.

I will post stocks to watch, but that doesn't mean buy them now. I will post my entries and exits, like I do now, but I'll post my list. If that's cool then I'm in.
confucius_ag
AG
PATH: mentioned here before. Been watching it. Sizeable move today.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
If you're still long, might be a good time to rethink that.

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Heineken-Ashi
Brian Earl Spilner said:

LUV
I predicted you would post this. You are inevitable.
oldarmy1
AG
confucius_ag said:

We got in PATH calls Monday. $28.96 gap fill on deck.
Heineken-Ashi
oldarmy1 said:

confucius_ag said:

We got in PATH calls Monday. $28.96 gap fill on deck.
$30 is the target, but I won't be surprised if it retraces to the new lower gap formed today first before getting there. Momentum is strong though, and volume does support continuation. I sold January $25 calls on half for a pretty penny to grab some premium in case we get the retracement first. The rest are being held until $30.
Heineken-Ashi
Pepper Brooks said:

MSTR
Expecting a decent downward move soon. But I can also make a case for $775 over the next year. Too choppy on the way up for my taste though. Too many swings and hard to predict. Will keep it on the list for now. Looking for more slam dunks.
Heineken-Ashi
ILMN. Activate a VRVP shelf on your chart and look going back to 2021. Recent bottom from a long bear market downtrend at $89 range put in a nice shelf that it's gotten above. MAJOR SHELF at $180-$215 range. 200 day EMA at $165. Risky, sure, but with stop at $89 and target at $200, tell me that risk reward isn't worth a try nuying here at $110.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

If you're still long, might be a good time to rethink that.

HoustonAg2014
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 6250 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.