Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,163,096 Views | 232065 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by ProgN
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Download Telegram. Send a message to @JeffOA1 and let him know I said to give you a two week trial.
spud1910
AG
jj9000 said:

Are you going to have another introductory trial period?

Time is my biggest constraint during the day.

If folks are entering and exiting quickly during the first 30min to hour of the trading day, it might be worthwhile for me.
This describes how I am using it, since my regular work is busy now. I am not following every day, but when I do I learn things and often pick up a good lead.
Post removed:
by user
Quacked
Seconded. The knowledge is worth the subscription alone. Hope to rejoin January when I have more time during market hours to benefit! I miss it!
techno-ag
AG
China chokes off graphite. Maybe helps our favorite graphite company?

nortex97 said:

Quote:

China announced on Friday that it will require export permits for graphite, a key material for electric vehicle (EV) batteries, starting Dec. 1. The country is the world's top graphite producer, and the move could spur procurement difficulties for global EV makers.

Regulations will be introduced based on the Export Control Law and others that tighten export controls on strategic goods, preventing Chinese companies from exporting unless they go through the authority's examination process and obtain permission.

Graphite, one of the most widely used materials for EVs, is used in automotive anodes, the negatively charged portion of the battery.

China makes up about 65% of global production of this key material, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. In particular, Chinese companies are believed to hold over 80% of market share in negatively charged materials for automotive batteries, in which high-purity graphite is essential.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
lobwedgephil said:

lobwedgephil said:

SPX nearing resistance with full moon Monday.

I wish you'd left the rest of this post up. Vix so low right now. I wanna get short but I'm afraid to fight the market so I'm mostly lightening positions
EnronAg
AG
bond auction musta been bad...ouch, that 13:02
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fakeout dump for another elevator up past resistance?
EnronAg
AG
agree, we filled the 11/22 gap up this morning...then just filled the "Waller running his mouth about lowering rates" gap up from earlier this morning...market gonna melt up today...
lobwedgephil
Charismatic Megafauna said:

lobwedgephil said:

lobwedgephil said:

SPX nearing resistance with full moon Monday.

I wish you'd left the rest of this post up. Vix so low right now. I wanna get short but I'm afraid to fight the market so I'm mostly lightening positions
Sorry about that, when I reread, I didn't like how it was worded, and accidentally deleted the chart as well. Don't like to lead people astray as well, because as good of a theory is, doesn't really matter if they can't take out a support. But the general rule was, plus or minus three days from the full moon, you tend to get reversals if at support/resistance. Full moon was Sunday night/Monday, so Wednesday/Thursday would be the last day for this idea to work. Doesn't mean go buy puts though, need to see support break first. I have been waiting this week, and shorting pops, but no follow through to the downside as of yet, we will see next few days. Also, reversal could jjust be a pullback for a Santa rally, etc.
ProgN
Full moon, candles, chanting? **** it, let's bring in heavy artillery.

lobwedgephil
ProgN said:

If the proof wasn't on the chart, I would never believe it either.

ProgN
I'm just messing with you brother.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
ProgN said:

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Looks like ol Bill Ackman is on the heavy artillery train too…

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2023-11-28/bill-ackman-says-fed-will-cut-rates-sooner-than-expected
ProgN
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Looks like ol Bill Ackman is on the heavy artillery train too…

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2023-11-28/bill-ackman-says-fed-will-cut-rates-sooner-than-expected

It's been no secret that I've despised him ever since his irrational Covid paranoid interview, yet his hedge fund profited by the fear he perpetuated. That said, he has earned some of my respect back by leading firms to blackball ignorant Ivy league students that publicly stand for Hamas' right to murder Israeli civilians. He stood up to the arrogant dumbasses in the mob that felt untouchable. He built a coalition of powerful players on Wall Street that severely limited their opportunities.
EnronAg
AG
SPY about to fill the overnight gap...and then escalator back up!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Fakeout dump for another elevator up past resistance?
Boom.

Bought some SOXL yesterday, too.
Heineken-Ashi
This market is setting up for a reversal of some sort. 4350 level looks to be the critical area.
EnronAg
AG
so, you are thinking we have a sizable pullback and 4350 is the critical level that needs to hold? are you thinking this happens BEFORE year end? or is this a 2024 pullback, in your opinion?
bmoochie
AG
bmoochie said:

I'm setting a tight stop just FYI. The big thing with this and why it's cratered the last year is that the big contract/money for it pulled out. I think last year and it was Shell that pulled out of its agreement. LNG facilities sign front loaded agreements before they build the infrastructure. Without that, they now need some other entity to step in.

I don't want you to lose money on blindly following so wanted to give a snippet of backstory on why it's fallen the way it has and why I plan to keep this on a short leash.
Making a move today, up almost 13% so a little green on these shares. There is about 5.2k in volume on January $1 calls which is interesting. Could be a little of selling premium or something else but interesting nonetheless.
Heineken-Ashi
EnronAg said:

so, you are thinking we have a sizable pullback and 4350 is the critical level that needs to hold? are you thinking this happens BEFORE year end? or is this a 2024 pullback, in your opinion?
4400 is a gap fill retracing current overbought levels. The mid 4300's have been significant S/R levels dating back to August 2022. My guess would be first half of December. If support holds, Christmas rally will engage hard and probably not let up until we're near ATH.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Can't remember the last time all my holdings in my 401k were green.

Often one of my two smaller holdings, either my completion index fund or my company stock, was in the red.

Both finally flipped green today.
oldarmy1
AG
JNJ spoken about a bottoms up trade had its big breakout today confirming.

Guys are up 170% with Jan calls. I told them net free and be greedy for 300-500% ROI
lobwedgephil
lobwedgephil said:

ProgN said:

The moon gave a little over 50 points, unusually small, but the way it goes.

Big move coming one way or the other out of this consolidated on SPX.
frankm01
lobwedgephil said:

lobwedgephil said:

ProgN said:

Fake breakout?
lobwedgephil
frankm01 said:

lobwedgephil said:

lobwedgephil said:

ProgN said:

Fake breakout?

Well played.
lobwedgephil

oldarmy1
AG
Yup. JNJ up another $1.35 premarket. On the way!
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
$RIG on the daily is pushing closer to the top of their Bollinger band...

But if you look at the monthly chart for them - they look really primed to have a run back into their Darvis box from September.

I have added to my December $6.5 calls and my Jul 2024 $7 calls.
Bocephus
AG
Shorting $SNAP. So this means it will hit 15
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
EnronAg
AG
SPY gonna close at a 52 week high...here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus, right down Wall St.
stonksock
This rally needs to stop before I do something crazy and actually retire early instead of always talking about it
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TNA
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TNA

I'm sure Prog has a good gif for that ticker
First Page Last Page
Page 6249 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.