Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,162,425 Views | 232065 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by ProgN
Bocephus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$SNAP selling at 12.15
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
txaggie_08
AG
cageybee77 said:

i'm looking to buy stock in FISCH. thots?

I hope he's a great coach and he recruits his ass off. If so, returns could be great.
South Platte
cageybee77 said:

Hopefully get you a better return than Fisher Investments.
Fredd
AG
cageybee77 said:

Based on our track record, I'm shorting
The Pilot
AG
Fredd said:

cageybee77 said:

Based on our track record, I'm shorting
Betting the farm on another firing in less than 5 years!
EnronAg
AG
what is the inverse 3x leveraged ETF for that?!? I'll take that one please.
ProgN
EnronAg said:

what is the inverse 3x leveraged ETF for that?!? I'll take that one please.
$BAS
oldarmy1
AG
Prog - took POWL for $5.59/share. Thanks again for the heads up.

My big two reversal trades to OA1 was BA and AMT. AMT given at $162 and BA at $178. We piled in shares and call arrays (multiple strikes and dates) that produced huge gains.

My largest call trade signaled since the markets topped this summer was ARM Jan strikes given to the group last week. All signs pointed to explosion move and we got it today. I see that potentially having an ASAN or BIGC type of post IPO move. Those shot up into the $100+.

As for ASAN, it broke out of consolidation last week and continued pushing to $22 today, so the answer to the question about buying in the $17/18's was yes.

Last check in here my sentiments were bullish with a caveat of "markets love moves to the excess". Here we are knocking on the door of the $455.66 gap.

We've taken trims with hedges on big bottom buys across NVDA, MSFT, AAPL, NFLX, AMGN, SNOW, ABNB and others. 2nd tier reversal stocks like ROKU, SQ and DIS have a ways to go still.

While we have several Call positions out to Jan-Apr in place, we pretty much are in a holding pattern with the near gap fill move on deck. We are trading some weekly calls and quick to trim down to runners on their initial pops for now. The music is awesome until it stops. Make sure you have a chair to use when it does….
ProgN
TecRecAg
AG
cageybee77 said:

I'd look at $SCHU or $DBOE first
Heineken-Ashi
I'm watching GRPN. We have a huge gap down into support zone and an oversold area. The action off of it looks like it wants to gap fill, though I could see one more dip before doing so.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
NVDA beat.
ProgN
Nvidia (NVDA) Q3 earnings report 2024 (cnbc.com)

Quote:

Earnings: $4.02 per share, adjusted, vs. $3.37 per share expected

Revenue: $18.12 billion, vs. $16.18 billion expected

Nvidia's revenue grew 206% year over year during the quarter ending Oct. 29, according to a statement. Net income, at $9.24 billion, or $3.71 per share, was up from $680 million, or 27 cents per share, in the same quarter a year ago.

During the quarter, Nvidia announced the GH200 GPU, which has more memory than the current H100 and an additional Arm processor onboard. The H100 is expensive and in demand. Nvidia said Australia-based Iris Energy, an owner of bitcoin mining data centers, was buying 248 H100s for $10 million, which works out to about $40,000 each.
NVDA smashed earnings and guided higher for next qtr but it's stock is down a bit which should be expected since it went up almost 100 points over the last 30 days. However, the bolded part above should illustrate how big this generative AI is going to be. Look at growth year over year, holy ***** and this cycle is just getting warmed up. I'd have preferred a spike in NVDA and SMCI but needless to say, I'm not concerned about holding either one and will take advantage of any weakness in them due to macro correction. That growth yr/yr is unheard of.

EnronAg
AG
filled the 8/1 gap...we retrace back down to fill the overnight gap before our march back up...can't stop this market...
Heineken-Ashi
Regarding GRPN, there's a potential uptrend starting. If today's beer candle can keep away from indecision and get over $10.50, I could see buying shares with a stop at $9.50 should it resume the previous downtrend.

If you switch to weekly, you can see a longert-term uptrend is in the process of being formed with a lot of work to do, as it's only two candles so far, only one of which is not an indecision.

Quote:

Groupon said Tuesday it commenced an $80 million rights offering.
Under the offering, shareholders will receive the right to purchase 0.222257 share at a subscription price of $11.30 per share.
The rights offering expires Jan. 17 and is fully backstopped by Pale Fire Capital, an entity affiliated with the company's interim Chief Executive Officer Dusan Senkypl and Jan Barta, a member of the board.
Any shares that are unsubscribed by the expiration date will be purchased by Pale Fire Capital once the rights offering ends.
Funds raised will be used for general corporate purposes, including the repayment of debt, the company said.
Quote:

• The company intends to use the proceeds from the rights offering for general corporate purposes, which may include the repayment of debt.

What's happening fundamentally is the company has slowing revenues and cost of funds to bolster a weakening balance sheet has been high. The company is in the middle of a cost cutting campaign. One of the cofounders stepped down recently. Bears are circling. Talk has shifted to "focusing on a top line approach" which means sales and revenue. So with the recent CEO backed offering, the company obviously feels like the bottom line has been addressed as much as possible, whether good or bad. Unless rates come screaming down, there won't be anything else to do on that front. So the only option is to try and grow the top line. But can they? Does anyone use Groupon anymore? Is this a dying company? Who knows.

Now let's talk technical. I already briefed above on the current uptrend that is trying to form. But let's go back. We're talking about a company that has been in a downtrend since IPO with some shorter uptrend bounces sprinkled within. And like other small cap discretionary stocks, it was beaten to hell with the rise in interest rates and the deterioration of the decade long bull market and endless growth outlook. You really have to switch to logarithmic charting to see the picture. The most recent downtrend started in February 2021 and bottomed out in May 2023. The 50% correction level for that would be $33.79 on a linear scale, but $13.79 if calculated logarithmically. One of those has been achieved already and commissioned a reversal that recently took on a gap down. That gap is in the mid $13's. I like this to eventually close that gap at a minimum, and to form a mini cup in the low $30's at best. And we're entering Christmas Santa rally season.

I'm a share buyer if I engage, mainly due to the price and target levels. 1,000 shares at the $10.50 level once beer candles confirm, and a sale of 75-80% at the gap fill, would get you risk free access to 200-250 shares in which to wait for a potential higher target. But a stop is important. I'd be at $9.50 if engaged at current levels or higher. Because if it triggers, you know you'll be able to get back in likely a little lower, or be glad you got out. Ultimate stop would be the recent low in the $8 range.

For calls, the most two recent big drops had virtually matching volume spikes. Yall know what that means since they were preceded by overbought signals. Out and back in for smart money. If we get another spike that matches those, it's likely bearish. But if it surpasses, it's potentially bullish, and price is likely moving up. If this forms an uptrend with volume averaging 1M daily or less, it's likely building toward a spike of some sort. Watch for volume to form the left side of a U shape (already in the process) similar to the shape between the previous two spikes. Once the right side of that U starts to form, assuming price is holding support, that's where you start looking for calls. Can't tell you what to buy yet, but it would likely be ATM 3-months out at that time.
oldarmy1
AG
Happy Thanksgiving!

My trade for the opening to OA1 was BIDU call buys across expiring Friday, next Friday and Jan. Another 300 call set up based on multiple technical, fundamental and upgrades catalyst.

While all 3 of those strikes made 100-250% quick ROI, the stock is likely to visit $130 by January, so I wanted to let anyone interested know.

ARM has continued its push and the hardest thing I've had to do is keep people from missing out on the larger gains after the quick 100%+ move on all calls.

I see that stock as a high flyer, as they dominate the chip sector with their technology. NVDA, AMD, MU etc. all have signed on with them.

30k/James says they are a good company and good technology.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Something seems to have spooked the market...
oldarmy1
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Something seems to have spooked the market...

Had a vehicle filled with explosives on Canada/US bridge get blown up.
EnronAg
AG
it just wants to fill that overnight gap before escalator up
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Threw a little cash at TNA with that dip, since I feel we have a power hour incoming...
FJ43
Howdy!

Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving and really hope all of you have a very Blessed time with family.

Miss y'all.

Trade wisely!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

spud1910
AG
Yeah, Happy Thanksgiving to all. I haven't been here (or trading) much due to other stuff lately, but I always enjoy catching up with what everyone is doing.
FishrCoAg
AG
Happy thanksgiving. I appreciate you all!
oldarmy1
AG
JNJ is a bottom fishing stock post Warren Buffet exit drop. $160 Jan calls are what OA1 members are primarily in. Full disclosure - these have already moved 100% for us and we are looking for the big 300-500% score on pivot breakout move. Check out the chart and decide for yourselves.

Also the BIDU I told you about Wednesday, if you entered they made another 100%+ move

Lastly, ARM. It has that parabolic look to it like ASAN and BIGC post IPO had where they made enormous runs over $100 to $135-$150 respectively. Doesn't mean this one will but a few lower priced Feb $80 or $90 calls with 1000% potential are worth the R:R if late to the trade. We already have 300% ROI, so again, full disclosure.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Today was gravy on a damn good week.
lobwedgephil
SPX nearing resistance with full moon Monday.
Philip J Fry
AG
OA1, are you still accepting members?
lobwedgephil
Philip J Fry said:

Not speaking for him, but assume you can join. I did the initial with his service, his education and time spent teaching is pretty much unmatched in this industry. But it is like any others, you have to be willing to learn and then put to work what you learn. He is basically on video for market hours talking you through what he sees, extremely helpful for anyone willing to learn.

https://www.oa1trading.com/
lobwedgephil
lobwedgephil said:

SPX nearing resistance with full moon Monday.
oldarmy1
AG
Philip J Fry said:

We haven't even started advertising. Really working to shore up the full approach to education, preparation, communication and trade types, as well as taking all feedback from members to really hone in on the value that can be brought to the market. Wouldn't want to be just another "peddler".

Get Telegram and make sure to sign up using the free week, so you can make sure it meets your trading objectives. Reach out to JeffOA1 on the app if you need any assistance. As for the service, I'll speak to long term trades, but as a matter of common sense there are fewer of those than all of the other trading approaches.

Trades I give include: Long term holds, Swing trades, failed breakouts/breakdowns, short term (weekly) options, straddles (primarily using SPY during major zones of breakout/breakdown, regular options trades out 30-60 days, LEAP options. Day trade options, such as recent BIDU, seeking a quick strike ROI, with trim into runners.

I'm working on bite-size videos discussing each of these and the approaches to take based on each. For example, the more compressed time value is on an option I preach the critical nature of taking a quicker trim on an initial move. Depending on a members account size I suggest anywhere from 20-80% trim. Really small accounts I suggest a 90% trim up to 100% out at 30% ROI, to build their balance. That was the most difficult to explain and get newer traders to adapt to IMO.

Also, entry level is defined as breakouts, where we have to be on our toes for a failed breakout trap on calls or failed breakdown trap on puts. I discuss risk management on stops extensively because preservation of capital is paramount. Sizing into a trade is a focus, as is profit taking level to level.

As you can imagine there are endless areas of skill sharpening required to be a successful trader.

As always, ending with another stock to watch. POST coming out of a lengthy consolidation after a good trend. Read up Thursday night that one of the big Directors of the company recently increased his holdings 21%. It signaled a breakout and might retest and go, or just go, so something to check out. Not a sexy name but solid fundamentals for safer money. Breakout has a $5-6 initial clear air chart.

ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Philip J Fry said:

We haven't even started advertising. Really working to shore up the full approach to education, preparation, communication and trade types, as well as taking all feedback from members to really hone in on the value that can be brought to the market. Wouldn't want to be just another "peddler".

Get Telegram and make sure to sign up using the free week, so you can make sure it meets your trading objectives. Reach out to JeffOA1 on the app if you need any assistance. As for the service, I'll speak to long term trades, but as a matter of common sense there are fewer of those than all of the other trading approaches.

Trades I give include: Long term holds, Swing trades, failed breakouts/breakdowns, short term (weekly) options, straddles (primarily using SPY during major zones of breakout/breakdown, regular options trades out 30-60 days, LEAP options. Day trade options, such as recent BIDU, seeking a quick strike ROI, with trim into runners.

I'm working on bite-size videos discussing each of these and the approaches to take based on each. For example, the more compressed time value is on an option I preach the critical nature of taking a quicker trim on an initial move. Depending on a members account size I suggest anywhere from 20-80% trim. Really small accounts I suggest a 90% trim up to 100% out at 30% ROI, to build their balance. That was the most difficult to explain and get newer traders to adapt to IMO.

Also, entry level is defined as breakouts, where we have to be on our toes for a failed breakout trap on calls or failed breakdown trap on puts. I discuss risk management on stops extensively because preservation of capital is paramount. Sizing into a trade is a focus, as is profit taking level to level.

As you can imagine there are endless areas of skill sharpening required to be a successful trader.

As always, ending with another stock to watch. POST coming out of a lengthy consolidation after a good trend. Read up Thursday night that one of the big Directors of the company recently increased his holdings 21%. It signaled a breakout and might retest and go, or just go, so something to check out. Not a sexy name but solid fundamentals for safer money. Breakout has a $5-6 initial clear air chart.

Don't buy it here but while waiting for it to pullback, research $TREX. I've been looking in depth at it recently and I'm liking what I've seen thus far. I believe it has very good growth potential and is a solid candidate for momentum trades.

Let me know what you think if you look into it.

Happy Thanksgiving brother

Prog
oldarmy1
AG
I'll study it out. Hot sector. I'm a long holder of SSD.
E
AG
Do you have any full time traders that are subscribers and participate, or is it mainly part timers from TexAgs? Always been interested but don't have the time I used to have and follow y'all's trades
oldarmy1
AG
Have a range of traders. About 1/3 of members are on all day. The rest keep tabs on entry alerts and updates. I have a 7:45 premarket outlook and discuss watchlist stocks. Most weekly option trades are entered in the first hour of live trading, so I see some members logged in during market opening, to see if a good set up is signaled for a quick ROI or weekly call/put entry and then they go about there day.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 6248 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.