Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,169,586 Views | 232066 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well today seems familiar. Didn't we just do this?
E
AG
Well the WWR Lambo dreams for fun for that one day yesterday…
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, time for the fireworks.
CheladaAg
AG
Crazy candles on ES futures after closing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
GOOGL miss...
aggieman27
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BaylorSpineGuy
Based on the restrictions placed on this message board for use of naughty words, WWR missed a prime opportunity to use the ticker TW@T.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well this is a crappy October.
Heineken-Ashi
A lot of sectors pointed downward. On a macro level we should be getting a bounce back up soon. But bullishness in regards to trading, especially options, needs to be very pointed on promising individual setups. Too risky right now and could get caught with your pants down.

Don't let the bears clank your top and ruin your beer.

"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
Heineken-Ashi
If VIX breaks above $23 top from last week watch out below for equities.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
Nice Ash
It'll be a dead cat bounce. Until the 50DMA is recovered, this market is not in a good spot.

Don't buy the gap up in the morning either.
confucius_ag
AG
SAVA with a nice pop.
I bleed maroon
AG
The cow may already be out of the barn on defense industry stocks, but I am thinking of jumping in with a larger allocation anyway. My only current true defense holding is AVAV. I'm thinking a 6-12 month holding period, so just a swing trade. I wish dividends were a bit higher for the segment, but otherwise, I'm near-term bullish.

Looking at a couple ETFs: ITA and XAR. So far, leaning toward XAR due to better performance, ratings, and a lower expense ratio.

Anyone have suggestions for a specific company or another index/ETF alternative?

ProgN
I like RTX at these levels. It's been on my watchlist
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
JPY/USD closed above 150.05 today.

That is not good sign for relief in treasury yields.
EnronAg
AG
Mega caps gettin' slaughtered. META with a huge reversal post earnings. GOOG & AMZN tanking. SPX crossed a key technical 4,195 support. Under the 200 day for 3 days now. Bond yields soaring. GDP print tomorrow is suppose to be hot. Are we looking at some pain coming up? If AAPL & AMZN miss, this could fall off a cliff.
Heineken-Ashi
ProgN said:

I like RTX at these levels. It's been on my watchlist
If the downtrend is over (hold over $60), I think it runs over the next couple of years to $125+.
Quacked
KTOS has been good for me
Heineken-Ashi
Quacked said:

KTOS has been good for me
I got $0.95 selling Nov $17.5 calls today. I'm betting on no new highs until a retracement and not scared to buy back for half of that amount if I feel a low is struck.

Long term chart isn't quite as pretty. But a good stock irregardless.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

JPY/USD closed above 150.05 today.

That is not good sign for relief in treasury yields.

It's now up to 150.45. And 10YR is 4.98
ProgN
I'm going to start scaling back into my $U trade that I did earlier this year. I see a lot more positive upside than downside with it trading in the $25ish range.
fightintxag13
AG
NET is at the bottom of its darvas box. With the macro momentum here, I'm watching for a breakout to the bottom side of the box for a put trade.
Spoony Love
AG
Can you explain this? I know it's just a math problem at it's basis but I don't know all the terms. Thanks in advance.
ProgN
I won't be shocked if we go green today.
GreasenUSA
AG
That's twice this week a "Hamas pulling out" rumor has spiked the market to stop us out of our shorts.
Spoony Love
AG
I agree with you here, but man, we have blown through some supports the last few days that I thought were much stronger. The next level down from here for me is around SPY 407. A little weird to think we were looking at closing the gap at 438.43 a handful of days ago.
Heineken-Ashi
Watch AAPL $164 range for a potential low. If it forms a little base, buy there and place stop immediately below. Target range is $173-$176 by end of November.

If it bounces before there, it's likely very short lived and pressure will remain down to $160.
Diggity
AG
GreasenUSA said:

That's twice this week a "Hamas pulling out" rumor has spiked the market to stop us out of our shorts.
should have been an obvious lie. Only Catholics pull out.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Spoony Love said:

Can you explain this? I know it's just a math problem at it's basis but I don't know all the terms. Thanks in advance.
Japan's Central Bank is still the only monetary easing policy period while everyone else is not.

Historically - Japan has held a large amount of US Debt as part of their exchange rate given their import/export strategy.

But they don't want to have the Yen to Dollar exchange rate get over 150 Yen for $1. So if the exchange rate gets above 150 Yen to $1, the Japanese will sell US Treasury and buy Japan Bonds.

Selling the US Treasury is going to keep continued pressure on treasury yields going up (along with interest rates).

So it potentially means that the one of the largest buyers of US Debt (outside of the Fed who also isn't buying) will decrease their demand for our paper. In a time where we are trying to finance a $2T deficit with more and more expensive debt.
Nice Ash
Took small bites on some falling knives with NVDA and MSFT calls
Spoony Love
AG
That helps. Thanks man!
CheladaAg
AG
Nice Ash said:

Everything is indeed a falling knife, be careful if short dated calls.
Nice Ash
CheladaAg said:

Nice Ash said:

Everything is indeed a falling knife, be careful if short dated calls.
Not my first rodeo...
ProgN
Someone on X tweet this to OA, he loves fishing.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12675639/Alligator-Texas-shatters-multiple-records.html

Quote:

A massive 283-pound alligator gar caught in Texas has shattered four different state and world records.

Art Weston, 52, was fishing with Captain Kirk Kirkland, an International Game Fish Association fishing guide, at Lake Sam Rayburn when he caught the massive fish on September 2.

The Sam Rayburn Reservoir is famous for producing gigantic alligator gar fishes.
First Page Last Page
Page 6239 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.