Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,170,495 Views | 232066 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
topher06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Or just do Marcus and then get your spouse to sign up as a referral and earn 5.4% (for 3 months).
topher06
Anyway - 12 minutes until JPow

Damn this thread really is dead, at least still have Houston We Have a Problem
TeddyAg0422
AG
How many days before earnings reporting are you buying?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SOXL is looking tempting
Heineken-Ashi
Brian Earl Spilner said:

SOXL is looking tempting
I like it around $13.50-$15.00 range with a net free target of gap fill $22.65. At $15 entry that's approx. a 50% move meaning to maintain 100 shares net free after target I need to buy 200 300 (messed up my math) shares up front at $15.

If it never comes to me, then I move onto the next one.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well this is getting ugly.
Bird Poo
AG
ProgN said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

Looks like another opportunity to swing smci
Good eye, it's getting close to a squeeze higher very soon.

Been wanting to get in this one and will probably pull the trigger today at these levels.

Prog, I hope you don't leave this board. I sincerely appreciate your stock picks and swing trades!
Josepi
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Well this is getting ugly.

What do you mean? WWR is all green baby!!!!!!
ProgN
Bird Poo said:

ProgN said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

Looks like another opportunity to swing smci
Good eye, it's getting close to a squeeze higher very soon.

Been wanting to get in this one and will probably pull the trigger today at these levels.

Prog, I hope you don't leave this board. I sincerely appreciate your stock picks and swing trades!
Thanks and no worries, I didn't join OA's service. My recent absence is 100% because my project is winding down in December and I'm rushing to get everything done on time so we don't get dinged with penalties. When the project is over, I'll get furloughed for a much needed long break, then I'll be more active.

Yes, SMCI will reward us very well if you can stand the day to day fluctuations. Also, POWL is getting very close to my $70/shr price for initial entry. Keep that on your watchlist as well.

Bird Poo
AG
Copy. Glad you'll be around more!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bought some more SMCI.
techno-ag
AG
SPLG fees down to 0.02 cents. $1,000 costs 20 cents/year in fees. Indexes the S&P. Index funds are getting cheaper.

https://www.wsj.com/finance/investing/you-might-be-paying-too-much-for-that-index-fund-a2458f24
spud1910
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Bought some more SMCI.
Me too!
Heineken-Ashi
SOXL, in the chance it doesn't go lower, buy here and place stop at $17.00.

On a daily chart, if you connect the last two lows and carry that trend to the right, you will notice that it is approaching that line. That's your stop, and below that you need to be out and waiting for the next entry opp.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
ELOX is getting close to its price point where massive block orders come in.
Heineken-Ashi
Strongly considering SPY at the money calls expiring next week at the open. Aiming for gap fill and will take some off the table after first move if we get a good open.
Heineken-Ashi
Hourly candle downtrend needs to end. Will wait for that and then buy. With manual stop when price breaks the bottom that forms here in the first 5-30 mins.
Heineken-Ashi
30 minutes in and I'm not sure we've seen the daily low. Going to give it more time. This could be one where it trickles down and then pops later in the day. Very well could be a chopped range day as well.

If I do buy, as with any options I buy, I will do it with an OCO bracket that puts my stop loss at 25% of my original profit expectation. So if the price is $1.00 and I expect to sell at $2.00, stop will be $0.75.

And I will adjust both the stop and profit levels as the candles start to show me trend and direction.
Heineken-Ashi
Here's one to watch. Down big today. TSN.

Look at all the major trends it's had going back 5 years. Every time it breaks the trend it reverses and goes on a big run.

You can make a case that it has broken the current downtrend. But looking at the blue channel, you can also make a case that it could still be in a downtrend. These things are hard to confirm until they are well in hand.

Look at the past broken downtrends. If this has truly broken, then the first low after the initial break of trend should hold as support. So buy here and place stop at $50. If you get stopped, then just keep an eye and wait for next break of downtrend. If not, you could be in for a nice ride up.

Nice Ash
TSN is currently susceptible to PR movements. They're getting attacked by the gov't for child labor issues.
Post removed:
by user
Nice Ash
jj9000 said:

Nice Ash said:

TSN is currently susceptible to PR movements. They're getting attacked by the gov't for child labor issues.

The Irishman forgot to log out of the sponsor account.

Funny.
Didn't forget. Just too lazy and I don't have Premium on the personal account anymore so I won't get the notifications....NOW BUY SOME DAMNED CIGARS!!!
Heineken-Ashi
Nice Ash said:

Low risk high reward play. If it fails it fails and I lose $1 per share. Worth the squeeze.
Post removed:
by user
Nice Ash
jj9000 said:

Nice Ash said:

jj9000 said:

Nice Ash said:

The Irishman forgot to log out of the sponsor account.

Funny.
Didn't forget. Just too lazy and I don't have Premium on the personal account anymore so I won't get the notifications....NOW BUY SOME DAMNED CIGARS!!!

Oh boy...Please don't wander over to F16 on this account. Don't want a sponsor to get banned.
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, this week sucked. Hopefully we've hit a bottom.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Here's one to watch. Down big today. TSN.

Look at all the major trends it's had going back 5 years. Every time it breaks the trend it reverses and goes on a big run.

You can make a case that it has broken the current downtrend. But looking at the blue channel, you can also make a case that it could still be in a downtrend. These things are hard to confirm until they are well in hand.

Look at the past broken downtrends. If this has truly broken, then the first low after the initial break of trend should hold as support. So buy here and place stop at $50. If you get stopped, then just keep an eye and wait for next break of downtrend. If not, you could be in for a nice ride up.

This poster is bringin' it! Nice work.
techno-ag
AG
Watching UTSL, a 3x leveraged utility ETF. Hit its 52wl of 20 recently, bounced to 24 then has been sinking ever since. Down around 22 at closing bell.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Could get ugly on Monday.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
irish pete ag06
AG
Hi
ProgN
I'm expecting a follow through and negative macros to close out the month. I doubt I'll even make a trade.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
We are at -3 so it needs to retrace to get more momentum down but I think so too.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Cyprian
AG
This is a long term dividend buy, but I'm planning on loading up on some O come Monday.
ProgN
That's the one that pays its dividend monthly, correct?
First Page Last Page
Page 6222 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.