Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,170,831 Views | 232066 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Posted another thread but it didn't get any traffic, do you any of you have thoughts on ASO?

It's currently trading at half its revenue and is way down from its peaks.
txaggieacct85
AG
There are 14 analysts that cover Academy and 13 have it as a buy and one as a hold.

Brin Nagel at Oppenheimer has it a buy with a target price of $85. Average target price for all analysts is $68.

That would be a 71% gain and 37% gain respectively.

Of course the best analyst don't always get it right.
gougler08
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Posted another thread but it didn't get any traffic, do you any of you have thoughts on ASO?

I'm waiting to see if it will touch $47(ish) again and then will enter in
ProgN
Brewmaster said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

Is silver primed for a run or gold primed for a drop? I've had this theory that btc (and crypto in general) have knocked the historic pm proportions out of whack by taking market share from gold. So maybe it's time for a btc or eth run, and gold drops back to 50x silver without silver running?
a metals trader I follow is convinced that silver is about to run and more so than gold. GSR is one metric, gold to silver ratio. He also thinks central banks have been quietly loading silver.

Also keep in mind USD is backed by air. Meanwhile many countries have now switched to gold backed currency. Heck even Russia is stockpiling gold. Meanwhile we just print more fiat currency and hope for better. We'll see how that works out.

take those fwiw. Silver even more so than gold, sideways until it goes nuts! Silver is also vital in solar cell tech.
The U.S. Treasury's Coming Financial Apocalypse - The American Spectator | USA News and Politics

This is a good short article that people should take a minute and read.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
My very basic understanding of silver is that it's been due for a price jump for nearly 10 years but hasn't. The price seems very manipulated. Although I wouldn't say silver is an outlier in that. Seems like most securities are manipulated to one degree or another.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Thanks for the ASO replies !
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG

I was looking at some options and they are rather expensive. The January 2024 options for $50 are almost $6 a share and the October versions are $3.10 a share.

To me, this might be better to buy the shares outright or buy and sell a covered call.

But I like ASO and don't think they should be penalized for what happened to Dicks Sportings Good.

I took the little one to Academy in CS on Saturday to buy some new shoes and a few other things. Lots of shoppers and they have/had one person manning the front of the store by the doors. I thought that was a good control measure to prevent any theft or shoplifting.
Heineken-Ashi
Retail in general got hit hard last week with the realization that student loans coming back online will force many consumers to cut back on everything. And Academy is more discretionary than staple.

It recently broke below the lower band of an uptrend. That's usually a sign that a new trend is starting. But it has had a nice drop since then. Hard to tell what's next, but I would let the pattern form before jumping in. Might not catch a bottom. But less risky. Beer candles are always a good measure. Just make sure that whatever timeframe beer candles signal getting into a trade, you use that same timeframe to signal getting out.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
texags79
Triple_Bagger said:

Chilifest said:

Looks like OSTK is finding bottom. 200 dma is 22.9 and RSI is now 30. I THINK it's time to buy and hold for a while. BBBY Aquisition is not being priced in and their revenue has gone up significantly. How would I know? Their orders are numbered in sequential order. I've been buying items every week to get an idea of their volume. Looks good.
OSTK was $24.22 at the time of this post.

Buying products to track serial numbers and predict sales volume........I'm gonna need to see some receipts
I don't think you said which day you will be giving the weekly update on my stock picks. Can we get an update?
HoustonAg2014
AG
Posted above over the weekend but I thought buying and then selling the calls 3 weeks out had great value.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
HoustonAg2014 said:

Posted above over the weekend but I thought buying and then selling the calls 3 weeks out had great value.
Those were the $50's right?
bmoochie
AG
Go away
texags79
I got hazed for that pick! Sent real analysis but it wasn't good enough because I didn't post a chart pattern? Fine I'll quit forwarding picks from a hedge fund manager who destroys the market. Your loss!
Ragoo
AG
MARA
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SMCI
gougler08
AG
Ragoo said:

MARA
Woah
MRB10
AG
Judge just ruled in favor of Greyscale re: spot ETF. BTC price is pumping in response.

HoustonAg2014
AG
Yes sir!
sts7049
AG
Chilifest said:

I got hazed for that pick! Sent real analysis but it wasn't good enough because I didn't post a chart pattern? Fine I'll quit forwarding picks from a hedge fund manager who destroys the market. Your loss!

ok Barnes
gougler08
AG
Chilifest said:

Definitely been good short term...are you selling now or expect it to complete the full cup move?
ProgN
Any of y'all remember me posting about FSLY around $13 a few months ago?
txaggieacct85
AG
ProgN said:

is this a not so humble brag?
South Platte
ProgN said:

Yes. I've quoted it 293 times since then. I never got in, kept thinking it would drop.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG

Not sure where this market is going next few days but the AMD has a couple of seemingly really good Cs available.

Sep 8 C $101 @ $4.89 anyone?

Through the roof today..I'm exiting at +40%.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

I was looking at some options and they are rather expensive. The January 2024 options for $50 are almost $6 a share and the October versions are $3.10 a share.

To me, this might be better to buy the shares outright or buy and sell a covered call.

But I like ASO and don't think they should be penalized for what happened to Dicks Sportings Good.

I took the little one to Academy in CS on Saturday to buy some new shoes and a few other things. Lots of shoppers and they have/had one person manning the front of the store by the doors. I thought that was a good control measure to prevent any theft or shoplifting.

If I see green today, and green tomorrow on them I think I'm going to do shares and some sorta calls. Need to look at the options chain some.
FishrCoAg
AG

Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

If I see green today, and green tomorrow on them I think I'm going to do shares and some sorta calls. Need to look at the options chain some.

Sold a 9/1 46 put for a buck. Either pocket the premium or turn around and sell a CC if I get assigned.
texags79
Im holding. BBBY purchase still not priced in. Their revenue should surprise people come earnings season
ProgN
txaggieacct85 said:

ProgN said:

is this a not so humble brag?
No, just impressed with it's strength, especially in August that's been tough on tech.
techno-ag
AG
WeWork 1 for 40 reverse split Sept. 1.
fightintxag13
AG
Lots of good breakouts today. I really like the look of several charts, including the major indexes.

I took opening positions in SPXL (just a short term swing trade) and some SHOP calls (9/29 $63 strike). I also re-entered into LADR shares although admittedly I'm a few days late to that party. TSLA and AAPL look ripe for a run, but I'm already in long term shares on AAPL. Banks look like they're about ready to rumble as well, but I'm not quite ready to enter anything there yet.

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot so take it for what it's worth. If anyone disagrees with my take, I welcome feedback/criticism.
Cromagnum
AG
I've got some LADR shares back from when it was $4. Trying to decide how greedy to be. May sell enough soon to be net zero and let the rest go on a run for a bit.
fightintxag13
AG
Holy crap...talk about diamond hands! If you bought around $4, you probably have a much lower cost basis with all of the dividends you have received since then. If you want to go net free, you might look at that to figure what your cost basis really is, unless of course you reinvested your dividends.
gougler08
AG
Speaking of LADR, that is a peak Model T when you go back and look at the past 5 years

Cromagnum
AG
fightintxag13 said:

Holy crap...talk about diamond hands! If you bought around $4, you probably have a much lower cost basis with all of the dividends you have received since then. If you want to go net free, you might look at that to figure what your cost basis really is, unless of course you reinvested your dividends.

I'll have to pull up my dividends report, but its been between $0.20 to $0.23 per share, paid quarterly. I have 400 shares and just held them for the last 3 years. That's around $1000 in dividends in that time. Already almost net free without doing anything.
confucius_ag
AG
Anyone confident XOM holds 110 handle this time??? Yeah me neither.
First Page Last Page
Page 6212 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.