Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,981,647 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Heineken-Ashi
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm working on exactly that. Stay tuned.
jbeck3487
AG
Praying for you, your father, and your family!
Carlo4
AG
Thank you all for the wishes. I don't lost much here anymore as my trading days are very limited but still follow.

I'm here taking care of my mom this weekend while my wife is with our daughter. My dad gets brain fog/looney tunes in the hospital so we won't see him too much until his release. This time, he thinks we are all cops putting him in jail because he thinks he struck a cop with his car.

Last time he was in the hospital, he thought we were all killer clowns/penny wise and tried to escape. Cannot blame him for this one!

We get his results soon so hopefully it's something that can heal.
spud1910
AG
Continued prayers. Hang in there.
Slappy007
AG
Continues prayers.
agdaddy04
AG
Is something besides macro conditions driving down TTD from $91 last week to $74 this week?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
They had earnings. There are a bunch of news articles on this around valuation concerns.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
HoustonAg_2009
Started a position in SMCI. My thought process:

* Louis Navellier (paid service) has deemed it a "Top Stock" with a target of $444/share. His remarks are as of close on Friday
* This board seems bullish on the stock
* Fidelity equity score is 7.1 out of 10
Philip J Fry
AG
Still playing with my regression analysis. Here are the results.

Top 20 stocks that have met linear regression criteria for the past 3 months.

Top 20 stocks that have most recently met exponential regression criteria.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
nm, got it
texags79
jj9000 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

$GENI is starting to fill a gap. Low of 6.18 so far.

My gut says dude bought GENI puts prior to running here and telling everyone to buy...in all CAPS.

Pretty easy to say you're long a stock on the Internet and be shorting the sht out of it IRL.
No I'm long. It's not a coincidence that it's meeting resistance at 6.2. That's where APAX sold a large position a month or so ago. I didn't think they would continue to unload but here we are! I'm going to buy some more today but supposedly APAX will be selling the rest of their position over the next month so I'm not going too heavy. This is still an undervalued stock. Don't care what the pros on TA say. Long on OSTK, GENI, and oil (AESI, PR, PXD)
M4 Benelli
CROX under a hundo is worth starting a position. Debt from the Hey Dude acquisition went from 3B to 2B in 5 quarters. Guidance on the Crocs product itself looks solid, with expansion succeeding in Asia. Hey Dude acquisition is holding them byke at the moment, as many retailers still skittish on the name. Compared to all other foot peddlers, massively undervalued at a P/E of 9. Hasn't been under a hundo in a cool min. Expect further buybacks down the road, as they just threw 50 mil at a 117 price point.

Don't have to dream of genie on this one, Crocs rules the Everglades.

gougler08
AG
M4 Benelli said:

CROX under a hundo is worth starting a position. Debt from the Hey Dude acquisition went from 3B to 2B in 5 quarters. Guidance on the Crocs product itself looks solid, with expansion succeeding in Asia. Hey Dude acquisition is holding them byke at the moment, as many retailers still skittish on the name. Compared to all other foot peddlers, massively undervalued at a P/E of 9. Hasn't been under a hundo in a cool min. Expect further buybacks down the road, as they just threw 50 mil at a 117 price point.

Don't have to dream of genie on this one, Crocs rules the Everglades.

I like it but going to wait for some type of reversal before loading up
texags79
I love that GENI is the most hated stock on this thread. No one bought it. Everyone wants it to fail! It's not going to
FishrCoAg
AG
Chilifest said:

I love that GENI is the most hated stock on this thread. No one bought it. Everyone wants it to fail! It's not going to

Very few on this thread fall in love or hate for individual stocks, just prefer to look at the technicals and fundamentals instead of hot tips. HTH.
TChaney
Chilifest said:

Give it a rest.

You are starting to sound and act like the ABML guy.
gougler08
AG
Chilifest said:

If it forms a green hammer technical today then I may enter for a small portion. It also perfectly filled the gap today at 6.12 so now there are some potential technical trade reasons to get in

Also bounced off the 89 EMA perfectly today
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$GENI has filled the first gap and has been as low as -17.35% from the entry price of the poster that brought it here. There is still a second gap below that needs to fill. My thought initially was that 5.76 was likely to trade on GENI in the near term. That would be another 0.36 cents. It may get there, it may not.

I saw someone pointed out a hammer candle. The broader pattern this is within is called a "Tower Top". Normally this is considered bearish. Doesn't mean it will work, but I do not see a technical reason to buy here. Todays volume was substantially lower than previous days.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
valverde03
AG
Dumb question, but didn't the $5.76 gap already fill in June? Or do you look for multiple gap fills?
ryanhnc10
AG
valverde03 said:

Dumb question, but didn't the $5.76 gap already fill in June? Or do you look for multiple gap fills?

There's another gap at the beginning of July
valverde03
AG
Sorry, I meant July, not June
ProgN
https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonexaminer.com%2Fpolicy%2Feconomy%2Finvestor-predicted-housing-crisis-massive-bet-against-stock-market

Quote:

Investor Michael Burry has taken a huge short against the U.S. stock market, to the tune of more than $1.6 billion.

Burry, who predicted the subprime mortgage crisis of the 2000s, bought nearly $890 million in puts against the SPDR S&P 500 ETF, which tracks the overall stock market. Through his hedge fund Scion Asset Management, he also bought some $740 million in puts against an ETF that tracks the Nasdaq's 100 largest nonfinance companies essentially, a short against the tech sector.
I'd like to know the strike and time of those puts, but either way, that's slapping your johnson down on the table with authority.
irish pete ag06
AG
He's usually early
MRB10
AG
Burry or prog?
irish pete ag06
AG
Both?
Bocephus
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

He's usually early

He's also usually right. I guess he figures that at some point the government will stop printing money and propping this whole thing up
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
fightintxag13
AG
Bocephus said:

irish pete ag06 said:

He's usually early

He's also usually right. I guess he figures that at some point the government will stop printing money and propping this whole thing up

If I learned anything in 2020, it's don't fight the fed.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Bocephus said:

irish pete ag06 said:

He's usually early

I could be wrong but I feel like he also predicted a big crash between 08 and 20.
CheladaAg
AG
His bearish tones on Twitter wore off last few years, which has frustrated him to say the least.
Bocephus
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Bocephus said:

irish pete ag06 said:

He's usually early

I could be wrong but I feel like he also predicted a big crash between 08 and 20.

I believe you are correct. I think everyone thought we were headed that way at the end of Trump's term then Covid screwed up everything and Biden has been throwing money into the economy as fast as he could borrow/print it.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
txaggie_08
AG
Anyone read the WWR earnings release? What I took from it is some positives from the SK On deal and other small things going on. Seems the most troubling is that they only have $17mm cash on hand and are still working to acquire financing to finish plant. Appears they need about another $170mm to complete plant. Release sounds promising as though they have several leads to acquire financing, but will believe when we see it.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
CMCSA seems a bit overbought, maybe an interesting short play?
E
AG
txaggie_08 said:

Anyone read the WWR earnings release? What I took from it is some positives from the SK On deal and other small things going on. Seems the most troubling is that they only have $17mm cash on hand and are still working to acquire financing to finish plant. Appears they need about another $170mm to complete plant. Release sounds promising as though they have several leads to acquire financing, but will believe when we see it.
They need 10x what they have to complete the plant?
Saltyag15
AG
That doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.
Brewmaster
AG
we're still stuck in this channel (right back into it this morning on china news)

First Page Last Page
Page 6204 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.