Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,980,475 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bears eating bulls for breakfast since last week.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Anyone getting ready to long Disney?

Jumped back in today.
ProgN
Ok family, how's it going today. I just got home from my first colonoscopy and fajitas and margaritas for lunch afterwards. Getting old sucks, but great prognosis and zero polyps so won't need another one for 10 years God willing. My smartass did have the whole staff laughing their asses off though which was fun, especially when I asked the doc if I didn't get dinner and movie, would he at least leave a few Benjamins on my gurney afterward.
Towns03
AG
Regarding oil prices:

Crude Tumbles on Energy Demand Concerns and Dollar Strength (msn.com)

Wednesday's weekly EIA report showed that (1) U.S. crude oil inventories as of Aug 4 were -0.4% below the seasonal 5-year average, (2) gasoline inventories were -7.2% below the seasonal 5-year average, and (3) distillate inventories were -16.7% below the 5-year seasonal average.

Farmer, are these the fuzzy numbers you're talking about?

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Towns03 said:

Regarding oil prices:

Crude Tumbles on Energy Demand Concerns and Dollar Strength (msn.com)

Wednesday's weekly EIA report showed that (1) U.S. crude oil inventories as of Aug 4 were -0.4% below the seasonal 5-year average, (2) gasoline inventories were -7.2% below the seasonal 5-year average, and (3) distillate inventories were -16.7% below the 5-year seasonal average.

Farmer, are these the fuzzy numbers you're talking about?

What do you guys think about potentially revisiting NBR? Wondering if this guy might be headed back into the low 90s at which point it might be a good scoop.

(Apologies if this has been discussed before)
Carlo4
AG
Everything stopped for me at 1245 pm today. Got a call that my father collapsed while eating lunch. Wasn't awake for 4-5 minutes but came to when paramedics arrived. My mom was alone with him and I can't imagine her emotions at the time.

After spending all day with him at the trauma ward helping him take pills and piss in containers and calming my parents down, they moved him to a room for observation. He has a concussion (looks like someone beat him up) and are checking his pacemaker and brain in morning for signs of seizure, stroke, brain bleed, or anything else. He's had significant cognitive decline since spending two months in a coma/hospital last year.

Hug your kids and family and tell them you love them. God bless my wife for being by my side and sister in law for driving 80 miles to take care of my daughter today.
frankm01
Sorry to hear this ,Carlo. Stuff like this puts it all in perspective. Praying for your dad's speedy recovery and for patience and strength for you and your family.
ProgN
Prayers lifted Carlo and if you need anything please let us know. We're family in here, sometimes dysfunctional, but still family.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Carlo4 said:

Everything stopped for me at 1245 pm today. Got a call that my father collapsed while eating lunch. Wasn't awake for 4-5 minutes but came to when paramedics arrived. My mom was alone with him and I can't imagine her emotions at the time.

After spending all day with him at the trauma ward helping him take pills and piss in containers and calming my parents down, they moved him to a room for observation. He has a concussion (looks like someone beat him up) and are checking his pacemaker and brain in morning for signs of seizure, stroke, brain bleed, or anything else. He's had significant cognitive decline since spending two months in a coma/hospital last year.

Hug your kids and family and tell them you love them. God bless my wife for being by my side and sister in law for driving 80 miles to take care of my daughter today.

Hang in there, God bless
Heineken-Ashi
Carlo4 said:

As someone who lost their dad too early, my advice is to spend as much time with him as you can. It sounds cliche, but you don't want to look back and feel like you could have been there more. I feel for you and will be praying.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
spud1910
AG
Prayers Carlo. Similar with my dad this summer. It's hard to see your hero age.
Philip J Fry
AG
Carlo4 said:

Good advice. Life is precious and much too short. Cherish the time you get to spend with your loved ones while they are still with us.
Philip J Fry
AG

Been playing around with my MATLAB script again. I decided there was value in finding stocks with consistent growth a while ago, but couldn't wrap my brain around how. This morning, I decided that I needed to do linear regression analysis and filter out those that had poor R values. Here are the top 20 stocks that meet an R value of .95 for the past 60 days. Start by filtering out my 9500 stocks that don't meet the .95 criteria and then sorting by the slope of the curve.

Thoughts?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
GENI hit a new low of 6.2

Heineken-Ashi
Philip J Fry said:

Been playing around with my MATLAB script again. I decided there was value in finding stocks with consistent growth a while ago, but couldn't wrap my brain around how. This morning, I decided that I needed to do linear regression analysis and filter out those that had poor R values. Here are the top 20 stocks that meet an R value of .95 for the past 60 days. Start by filtering out my 9500 stocks that don't meet the .95 criteria and then sorting by the slope of the curve.

Thoughts?
What is the dependent variable and what are the independent variables? I'm a ground level statistician so excuse my ignorance.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Ags2013
AG
PENN now down on the week since announcing ESPN partnership. Near 52 Week Low.
Philip J Fry
AG
Independent variable is closing price all normalized to the opening price of the stock 60 days ago. Hard to make comparisons between a 2 dollar stock and a 200 dollar stock if you don't. The two things you get from it are the R2 term and the slope of the line.

Not sure I answered your question here.
bmoochie
AG
Heineken-Ashi
Philip J Fry said:

Independent variable is closing price all normalized to the opening price of the stock 60 days ago. Hard to make comparisons between a 2 dollar stock and a 200 dollar stock if you don't. The two things you get from it are the R2 term and the slope of the line.

Not sure I answered your question here.
Honestly.. I'm not sure either. It's interesting for sure, and looking at beer candles of those charts shows a good run. But hard to tell what that means moving forward. Could just be aligned with overall market strength and bullish season.

We need more variables. Perhaps controlling each one against its own sector, the major indexes, historical similar bullish seasons, etc.

I know for sure I do not want to do that work. So I'm glad you volunteered as tribute!

Quacked
Philip J Fry
AG
That could be done if there's a way to automatically look up what sector each stock is in. That's something I. Haven't figured out how to handle yet.

I'll say though, the point of this exercise is to try and identify stocks that are currently in a good run. Seems like that much was accomplished. Curious to see how a 1 month study would look.
Heineken-Ashi
Philip J Fry said:

That could be done if there's a way to automatically look up what sector each stock is in. That's something I. Haven't figured out how to handle yet.

EnronAg
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

GENI hit a new low of 6.2

chili defending that $6.20 with rigor
South Platte
Chilifest said:

gougler08 said:

Chilifest said:

AESI & SMMT. Load
What are you seeing on those charts?
Not looking at charts, derivatives, etc. I have heard they are about to pop. Earnings for AESI tomorrow. I think SMMT is on 8/8.
What are you current thoughts on both of these opportunities?
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
For those playing along, SMCI @ $250.
EnronAg
AG
everyone has limit orders at $245 from 30k suggestion
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

She looks ready

Also, to update my compadres on here on the career switch. I used to coach, 16 years worth, jumped into financial advising last year with an insurance emphasis. Didn't take me long to figure out 2 things. I wanted to work in property and casualty insurance and I wanted to be my own boss. So I'm opening a Rollo Insurance branch in the small town I live near. Hence the reason for no trading time, lol. I am working in season football coaching hours right now to get this thing rolling.
She was ready!

I need a cigarette.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$GENI is starting to fill a gap. Low of 6.18 so far.
FTAG 2000
AG

Only down 35% so far this week.
jj9000
AG

My gut says dude bought GENI puts prior to running here and telling everyone to buy...in all CAPS.

Pretty easy to say you're long a stock on the Internet and be shorting the sht out of it IRL.
Jimmy Conway
irish pete ag06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

She looks ready

Also, to update my compadres on here on the career switch. I used to coach, 16 years worth, jumped into financial advising last year with an insurance emphasis. Didn't take me long to figure out 2 things. I wanted to work in property and casualty insurance and I wanted to be my own boss. So I'm opening a Rollo Insurance branch in the small town I live near. Hence the reason for no trading time, lol. I am working in season football coaching hours right now to get this thing rolling.
She was ready!

I need a cigarette.

At the risk of sounding like someone very green and new but trying to learn more on charts, volume, candles, and trends what are you expecting here?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I missed this earlier

Carlo, I am so sorry. Hang in there man. Prayers sent your way.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
What was the R value when they started to pivot? And before?

It's key to make sure you are analyzing the right point in time to buy
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Philip J Fry
AG
So are you looking for change in R to signify a new trend?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Philip J Fry said:

So are you looking for change in R to signify a new trend?

Would it have a small parabola type of move? I would see what R is when it "pivots" relative to what it was before. May present earlier moves.

Just an idea. Might be a dumb one.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
First Page Last Page
Page 6203 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.