Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,979,116 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
AgPT06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What was said wrong on the MGNI earnings call?!

I bleed maroon
AG
My opinion:

For every AMC and MARA recommendation, there's a CLOV or GOCO. The recommendations here are about as good or bad as anywhere else. The main positive is that these are stocks that most of us may not have considered otherwise, and it gives us a head start on doing our own analysis. The good posters also provide at least some basic rationale for the pick, which is nice. In the end, we each make our own decisions with our own money.

Some regular posters here give quick picks with no support, and these are less helpful, especially ones like Mr/Mrs Chilifest, who state an unequivocal "must buy". This is not really helpful at all, from someone who simply flits in and out of a thread.

The other factor here is that this is an active traders thread (per the initial post). I wish it would have been labeled and titled as such initially, which would keep novices from making beginner mistakes. This is not a "stock market" thread, it's really mostly useful as recommendations for further study by active traders, generally using only a small speculative portion of their portfolio.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

30k, first and foremost thank you as you give great advice and guidance.

Any thoughts on CVNA puts? I have one for Oct already that I'm in the green on but just wondering what you might think of adding or closing. I only really deal with simple buy and holds or simple calls or puts.

Thanks and God bless.
I was planning to play long above $47. It looks bearish right now, but keep in mind that the push down was on low volume. The larger trend / weekly / monthly appears to be up. Lots of support at $40, so maybe short from higher.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
So far, $GENI has moved down 13.9% since last Friday.

Chef Elko
AG
Since we are talking about grand slams brought to this board. The best return of all time on here has to be the pink sheet penny stock that made it to the Nasdaq.

Whatever the original ticker was its $ALPP now. I remember it went from at least $0.08 to $8+. Insane.
Troy91
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

So far, $GENI has moved down 13.9% since last Friday.

Ditto. Went and pulled each of the excited stock recommendations that were shared previously when GENI was shared with such excitement.

Did not see any reason to follow blindly. Did not buy the latest recommendation.
PeekingDuck
AG
I just looked at the GENI website, chuckled, and closed it.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Danwell Home said:

Since we are talking about grand slams brought to this board. The best return of all time on here has to be the pink sheet penny stock that made it to the Nasdaq.

Whatever the original ticker was its $ALPP now. I remember it went from at least $0.08 to $8+. Insane.

I think that was our home skillet Orlando Ayala. He can definitely read price action.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
16.365 was the AH low today.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Anyone getting ready to long Disney?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
They still have to write at least a 27 billion dollar check to Comcast this year. Do you think that is priced in already? That's my main reservation right now.
DavysApprentice
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

They still have to write at least a 27 billion dollar check to Comcast this year. Do you think that is priced in already? That's my main reservation right now.

Feels like it would be like catching a falling knife right now. Better place for capital until it stops taking a beating IMO
tremble
AG
I got my CLOV settlement notice today. To be honest, that was just playing with COVID money so it didn't sting too bad.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

My biggest contrary is Apple waiting in the wings with probably an open arm and open checkbook. Not full on sale of all things Disney but a JV with Apple that allows Disney to shed the costs, capitalize on their IP and work with a tech giant.

Idk. To me, I think y'all are right about long term having better spots - but I feel like when the shoe drops, it's gonna drop either way and we are mooning or cratering.
Slappy007
AG
For those that haven't been around these types. Getting rich quick/ hitting big home runs works once or twice maybe, but never continuously. You will lose money if you doing manage risk. Learn your process and conviction and don't rely on others. Ideas are great, but they need to be validated through your system and that takes time & experience to develop.
JbKing45
The warning on wwr before the band-aid is ripped at the call next week.
YNWA_AG
AG
You were able to get out with a profit on clov, but if you held obviously not.
Philip J Fry
AG
Bought a house with my CLOV money.

Since then though, it's been hard to fight against the notion of hitting a grand slam on every trade.
confucius_ag
AG
MGNI getting plowed this morning.
Slappy007
AG
For those who like playing the crypto miners, CLSK is an intriguing play. They just announced that they have fully funded their EH/s increase from 9 EH/s to 16 EH/s by EOY. MARA is aiming to reach 23 EH/s by EOY and currently has a market cap of $2.7 billion. Just based on hash rate, CLSK should have a market cap of $1.87 billion, an increase of $1.3 billion from its current market cap of $570 million.

They have a conference call this afternoon at 1:00 pm CST if you are interested in hearing from the CEO & President.

Philip J Fry
AG
DNN, why did I sell you at 1.17. You looked great back in the 1.00s
texags79
I didn't say it was a get rich quick stock so I have no idea what you are talking about. I've been told its an undervalued stock by people i trust way more than the folks on this thread. If you expected to get rich quick off of it then I don't know what to tell you. I believe the guys that give me picks and I shared it. It's down 13% since. Sue me! I'll keep feeding picks
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I think you should feel free to keep sharing. But what people are asking is for you to provide a reason why you are investing. It feels like you are instead trying to sell us on jumping in on a stock with you, and your reasoning is that you trust other people who told you so.

I think the responses would be much more positive if you had explanations with fundamentals, and not just telling us to buy something you are. And then doubling down with middle fingers when someone calls you out on it.
texags79
Ok. Then don't follow the picks if there's no analysis. Pretty simple. I'm going to keep sharing without analysis and we can look at the track record over time.
txaggie_08
AG
Chilifest said:

I didn't say it was a get rich quick stock so I have no idea what you are talking about. I've been told its an undervalued stock by people i trust way more than the folks on this thread. If you expected to get rich quick off of it then I don't know what to tell you. I believe the guys that give me picks and I shared it. It's down 13% since. Sue me! I'll keep feeding picks

The way you came in here and told everyone to BUY NOW we're clear signs of a pump and dump.
texags79
Ok then people who pump and dump should've dumped when they were up 12%. Let me clarify. I'm long on GENI. I didn't think we'd see this slide but a large PE firm who bought in @ 3.5 dumped half their shares after earnings and have been selling off the rest since then. Did anyone complaining actually buy the stock? I doubt it. Next one is going to be a moon rocket don't worry
I bleed maroon
AG
Chilifest said:

Ok. Then don't follow the picks if there's no analysis. Pretty simple. I'm going to keep sharing without analysis and we can look at the track record over time.
Maybe we should cut this guy some slack. He has quite a track record on sports predictions:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2476286/replies/39331114

But seriously, the stock market is not a slot machine or a sports bet. It's a vitally important wealth-building exercise, and if you just want to chat or troll, something like Wall Street Bets or Reddit would be more appropriate.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Chilifest said:

Then don't get mad when people don't take you seriously.
texags79
Haha I'm not mad at all! Not looking for people's approval on TA.

OSTK will have a big quarter. Lots of purchases not being priced into the stock. I'm long on it. Probably not a day trade stock. Yall should go buy puts since I don't know what I'm talking about!
Philip J Fry
AG
E
AG
AgPT06
AG
MARA getting close on Model T from run starting in mid June. Watching for a trip back to $10 or turn back towards $17.50 soon. (I know there are much more specific numbers that can be found, but just looking at it roughly).
M4 Benelli
Chilifest said:

Haha I'm not mad at all! Not looking for people's approval on TA.

OSTK will have a big quarter. Lots of purchases not being priced into the stock. I'm long on it. Probably not a day trade stock. Yall should go buy puts since I don't know what I'm talking about!

Keep sharing. The analysis could be a fortune cookie. IDGAF if I end up making some cheddar off it. Watching GENI for the lulz.

P.S God bless your family Farmer. Hope everything turns out for the best.
Triple_Bagger
Dunce
Heineken-Ashi
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
First Page Last Page
Page 6202 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.