Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,976,658 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ProgN said:

Odds are pretty high we have a vicious pullback Aug-Oct.
There's still a gap on SPY sitting there at 396 that needs to be closed...that's my all-in spot if/when it happens
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
So are you guys rebalancing your 401ks/big accounts out of equities here?
FJ43
Charismatic Megafauna said:

So are you guys rebalancing your 401ks/big accounts out of equities here?

Do you actively trade or have the ability to in your 401K?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

E
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

For XOM watchers

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/exxon-mobil-talks-with-tesla-ford-supply-lithium-bloomberg-law-2023-07-31/#:~:text=July%2031%20(Reuters)%20%2D%20Oil,people%20familiar%20with%20the%20matter.

Thank you for posting this! I saw TTI mentioned and noticed they are reporting today… bought some $5 calls
bmoochie
AG
This looks like it was a good decision. Well done
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Yeah i can shuffle between funds, i don't know how often but at least a couple times a year
Josepi
AG
Got my XRX dividend! Thanks for the heads up on that.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Yw. Make a bunch of money.

I haven't been posting much, but not a not lot has changed. XOM going to print cash in Q3 & Q4. They are hugging the alternative energy platform in a very economical but profitable way and keeps the fossil fuel haters in line. Saudi will likely extend cuts through Sep. EIA will eventually give up publishing what I call "bogus numbers" and true supply will reflect a real shortage in 23H2 and 2024. China and India are ramping demand, regardless of how the MSM downplays it. Baker Hughes Weekly is telling us U.S. oil rigs continue to decline. NatGas will rebound this winter (I'm going out on a limb cuz I usually stay away from NatGas discussion). Pump prices will continue to move up. Energy looks good and solid for a long time to come. Just get long a good energy stock if you haven't already. XOM:PXD spread was $120 today early. Below $95 add PXD. Above $95 add XOM. It was & it's been screaming to add XOM. The spreads have been very disjointed for 3 to 4 weeks now. They'll get back in line. XOM, IMO, was targeted and pricing pressure applied for quite a number of trading days. Today, Shorts were covering. ~19 million volume at the Closing Bell and ~24 million volume at 15 minutes after the Close...an adjustment of 4.8 million. That's big. The XOM stock buyback is approximately 40 million shares a quarter or 1% of the company (4.0 billion outstanding). That's buying back 1% of the company every quarter! Next quarter there will be a dividend increase announced. Just many many good things going on in this solid company. My most SWAG is that WTI and Brent go spread neutral "0" this year. My best speculation is, XOM gets reinstated to the Dow 30 for 2024. My techie related guess is, if XOM would say they were goin to use AI for some energy project the stock would zoom to $200 a share in a flash.

Like I wrote, I haven't been posting and will not be posting for the foreseeable future. Mrs. Farmer got the cancer. We think we got it identified early and going after it. We should know some more by the end of August. In the meantime y'all make a bunch of money. Everyday you gotta give it hell because it's your only chance on earth. Later. Mooo!
SoTXAg09
AG
Thanks Farmer! Very sorry to hear about the missus, I hope and pray everything goes well. Cancer can be a real *****.
SW AG80
AG
Farmer, prayers for you and your wife. Positive thoughts will be beneficial.
SoTXAg09
AG
T is down to around $14, and often bounces from here. Also, divvy would be about 8% at this level.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Best wishes to you and your bride Farmer. We are here if you need anything or just a laugh.
lobwedgephil

I haven't been posting much, but not a not lot has changed. XOM going to print cash in Q3 & Q4. They are hugging the alternative energy platform in a very economical but profitable way and keeps the fossil fuel haters in line. Saudi will likely extend cuts through Sep. EIA will eventually give up publishing what I call "bogus numbers" and true supply will reflect a real shortage in 23H2 and 2024. China and India are ramping demand, regardless of how the MSM downplays it. Baker Hughes Weekly is telling us U.S. oil rigs continue to decline. NatGas will rebound this winter (I'm going out on a limb cuz I usually stay away from NatGas discussion). Pump prices will continue to move up. Energy looks good and solid for a long time to come. Just get long a good energy stock if you haven't already. XOM:PXD spread was $120 today early. Below $95 add PXD. Above $95 add XOM. It was & it's been screaming to add XOM. The spreads have been very disjointed for 3 to 4 weeks now. They'll get back in line. XOM, IMO, was targeted and pricing pressure applied for quite a number of trading days. Today, Shorts were covering. ~19 million volume at the Closing Bell and ~24 million volume at 15 minutes after the Close...an adjustment of 4.8 million. That's big. The XOM stock buyback is approximately 40 million shares a quarter or 1% of the company (4.0 billion outstanding). That's buying back 1% of the company every quarter! Next quarter there will be a dividend increase announced. Just many many good things going on in this solid company. My most SWAG is that WTI and Brent go spread neutral "0" this year. My best speculation is, XOM gets reinstated to the Dow 30 for 2024. My techie related guess is, if XOM would say they were goin to use AI for some energy project the stock would zoom to $200 a share in a flash.

Like I wrote, I haven't been posting and will not be posting for the foreseeable future. Mrs. Farmer got the cancer. We think we got it identified early and going after it. We should know some more by the end of August. In the meantime y'all make a bunch of money. Everyday you gotta give it hell because it's your only chance on earth. Later. Mooo!
Prayers for y'all.
PGAG
AG
So sorry to hear about your wife. Prayers for her healing
ProgN

This crushed me my friend. She, you and your family will be in my daily prayers. If you ever need to talk, vent, or just talk, you have my number. Prayers lifted brother.
spud1910
AG
Thank you Farmer for all you add to this thread. Praying for your wife and you.
irish pete ag06
AG
Prayers for the wife Farmer. Yal kick that cancer's butt!
frankm01
Prayers to you and especially your wife. Thanks for letting us know and please keep us informed.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
F cancer! Let us know if there's anything we can do!
FJ43
Hey brother thanks for sharing about Mrs Farmer. It breaks my heart to hear y'all are going through this. I will be praying for her, you and your family every morning through this journey.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

BaylorSpineGuy
Sorry to hear about your wife, Farmer! Prayers for you both.
GreasenUSA
AG
Praying for y'all, Farmer.
jbeck3487
AG
Y'all will be in my prayers!
Heineken-Ashi
Praying for you Farmer.

For everyone else, when you donate to cancer, don't donate to awareness campaigns. Might as well burn your money. If you donate to research, make sure you check exactly where the money goes and that it ends up in labs or hospitals. If you donate to care, make sure that money goes to patients. Grifting is real. Non-profits love bloated bureaucracy. The tax benefits attract weasels. Don't feed it. Do your own research and target your money smartly.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
jimmo
Praying for Mrs. Farmer and family
FishrCoAg
AG
Prayers for you and your wife and family
TheVarian
AG
Praying for you and your family farmer. It is tough stuff but wives are tougher. My dad just finished his second fight of it and kicked it's ass. I know you guys will do the same.

We are always here if you ever want poor stock advice and maybe a laugh or two.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Prayers to you and your wife. She's got a lot of support on here. We will be thinking of y'all.
confucius_ag
AG
F cancer. Go kick it's ass.
GreasenUSA
AG

I'm reading her book, Trading Sardines, currently. Very entertaining so far.

I tend to listen when she makes statements like this. That said, the bears have generally been no match for the bulls this year, so I'll believe it when I see it.
Boat Shoes
AG
Sending prayers for your wife and your family, Farmer.
insulator_king
AG
$TGTX 12.63 -8.06 (-38.96%) this morning.
aggiebrad94
AG
Farmer - shoot me an email regarding our wives. I'd like to share our journey in hopes of helping yours. Email is in the profile.
insulator_king
AG
Now it's down 50%
10.48-10.21 (-49.35%)
TXAGGIES
Hey guys, kind of new to trading other than mu 401k, SARs, RSUs etc.

I am trying to diversify away from all the stock in my current company so sold the majority of my SARs at a nice value.

If you had $100k where would you put it if you don't want to trade daily? Just a hedge fund or some specific industry?
First Page Last Page
Page 6195 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.