Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,976,922 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fkn cvna (short). But don't.
Gd long based on congressman trades and tiktok, but again this isn't wsb so don't
Also welcome back brother!
Edit2:rumors that aapl buying dis? Apparently that has been a rumor for a long time? Not touching either...
Heineken-Ashi
Ragoo said:

To me this is still the "hard" stuff. You can correctly evaluate 100 companies, pick the top 10, and still lose.

The hard stuff is determining when to buy, when to sell, and when to do nothing.

But removing your biases and viewing the market and the trend that is in front of you without interjecting your own pre-conceived notions. That's not as hard as you think. You just have to commit to doing it.

For example, I think SFIX is a crap company. A solution looking for a problem. A waste of internet space. A bull market phenom that wouldn't exist without historically low rates. But its also a stock that is showing great beer candles trending up in a coiling pattern. This could be worth double shortly and I can get in at a point where my stop isn't too far below me. My bias would tell me to avoid this company. But by removing my bias, I'm giving myself an opportunity to take advantage of a strengthening upward trend.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Carlo4
AG
Didn't realize Yellow was in trouble and shutting down. Always remembered their name growing up.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/31/business/yellow-corp-closing/index.html
ProgN

Quote:

Palantir Surges Nearly 5% Premarket: What's Driving The Stock?
7:15 am ET July 31, 2023 (Benzinga) Print
Shares of data analytics platform provider Palantir Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:PLTR) rose in premarket trading on Monday.

If the premarket gains sustain, the stock could be on track for a positive performance for a second straight session.

On Friday, Palantir rallied over 10% after Wedbush analyst Daniel Ives initiated coverage of the stock, calling the company the "Messi of AI."

The company is in the "early innings on a sum-of-the-parts AI story just on the cusp of monetizing this massive green field AI opportunity," Ives said. The stock settled Friday's session at the highest level since Jan. 2022.

The upward momentum could carry the stock through the session as traders begin to acknowledge the company as a legitimate AI play.
"Messi of AI"
confucius_ag
AG
Carlo4 said:

Didn't realize Yellow was in trouble and shutting down. Always remembered their name growing up.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/31/business/yellow-corp-closing/index.html
Judging by their service for the last 5 years it is not surprising.
I have told all my vendors to explicitly Not Ship with them.
They are the worst.
RulesForTheeNotForMe
AG
Anyone else having issues with Fidelity options currently? Mine are not updating or allowing me to buy/sell.
EnronAg
AG
same here
TheCellarDoor
AG
Yes, and it's pissing me off royally.
RulesForTheeNotForMe
AG
Already cost me $1k in profit. This is absolutely absurd; market has been open for 30 minutes and I have zero access to my options.

Finally, they are updated..... 28 minutes after market open....

And then locked out again....
Ragoo
AG
Still showing 0s here with fidelity.
Philip J Fry
AG
Is fidelity the reason for the change in direction this morning?
RulesForTheeNotForMe
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Not able to buy/sell any options at all. Mine update every minute or so, but no ability to buy/sell any positions. About to reach out to an attorney on some of this. Effectively locked out from controlling my assets.
ProgN
RulesForTheeNotForMe said:

Philip J Fry said:

Not able to buy/sell any options at all. Mine update every minute or so, but no ability to buy/sell any positions. About to reach out to an attorney on some of this. Effectively locked out from controlling my assets.
An attorney can't do anything for you except write a strongly worded letter and take your money. You agreed to arbitration when you opened your account, so you can't sue them and you wouldn't win an arbitration hearing anyway. JMO
txaggie_08
AG
What's WWR doing?
confucius_ag
AG
txaggie_08 said:

What's WWR doing?
I sold the last of my shares last week.

You guys are welcome.
ProgN
confucius_ag said:

txaggie_08 said:

What's WWR doing?
I sold the last of my shares last week.

You guys are welcome.
Rydyn
AG
txaggie_08 said:

What's WWR doing?
We live on a tax farm as free range humans.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
FUBO keeps blazing.
TriumphForks
AG
Rydyn said:

txaggie_08 said:

What's WWR doing?

Just 18 more days like today and I am profitable!
AgEng06
AG
TriumphForks said:

Rydyn said:

txaggie_08 said:

What's WWR doing?

No one likes a braggart...
E
AG
TriumphForks said:

Rydyn said:

txaggie_08 said:

What's WWR doing?

Only 16 for me
texags79
AESI & SMMT. Load
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
For XOM watchers

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/exxon-mobil-talks-with-tesla-ford-supply-lithium-bloomberg-law-2023-07-31/#:~:text=July%2031%20(Reuters)%20%2D%20Oil,people%20familiar%20with%20the%20matter.

gougler08
AG
Chilifest said:

AESI & SMMT. Load
What are you seeing on those charts?
bmoochie
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

For XOM watchers

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/exxon-mobil-talks-with-tesla-ford-supply-lithium-bloomberg-law-2023-07-31/#:~:text=July%2031%20(Reuters)%20%2D%20Oil,people%20familiar%20with%20the%20matter.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I see an earnings gamble!
gougler08
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

I see an earnings gamble!
I mean the SMMT chart has a gap to fill in the 3's and is fairly well based so I could get on board there...not sure on AESI
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
ProgN said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Bulls showing some grit today. Was looking like a repeat of yesterday for a minute there.
Monday is the last day of the month. The month has been strong so I see it closing strong. That said, I wouldn't dismiss a pullback at the beginning of August and just buy the dip. I'm not saying bet against it either, just exercise caution because everybody is talking about this market being overvalued.

How bout that close!
texags79
gougler08 said:

Chilifest said:

AESI & SMMT. Load
What are you seeing on those charts?
Not looking at charts, derivatives, etc. I have heard they are about to pop. Earnings for AESI tomorrow. I think SMMT is on 8/8.
EnronAg
AG
memes and trash are just ripping right now...i just cannot imagine what lies ahead...
ProgN
EnronAg said:

memes and trash are just ripping right now...i just cannot imagine what lies ahead...
Agreed, I think August could get ugly. Not gambling with puts though, just sitting on the sidelines with majority cash position.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

FUBO keeps blazing.

gougler08
AG
ProgN said:

EnronAg said:

Agreed, I think August could get ugly. Not gambling with puts though, just sitting on the sidelines with majority cash position.

I was looking at the sizeable amount of cash on the sidelines right now and was thinking about hopping in...but I'm with you, I've been waiting this long, I'll just keep waiting

Or buy a beach house if prices ever come down
ProgN
Odds are pretty high we have a vicious pullback Aug-Oct.
EnronAg
AG
they're punting this recession to after the '24 election...if it doesn't come before then and market continues to melt up, i'm gonna be tempted to put every dime i have into SQQQ...someone please talk me out of it or into it
First Page Last Page
Page 6194 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.