Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,982,405 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Heineken-Ashi
spud1910
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oldarmy1 said:

How did those who made it in Telegram like the format so far? Appreciate everyone's input and those of you joining up now be sure and watch the videos on the community thread.
I like it. Better than discord for sure. I briefly got on your video chat, but grandsitting 4 and 6 year old grands, so that didn't last long.
oldarmy1
AG
Woot! Makes my weekend!
FJ43
oldarmy1 said:

How did those who made it in Telegram like the format so far? Appreciate everyone's input and those of you joining up now be sure and watch the videos on the community thread.

Excellent. The separation of discussion, live narration, etc. from the trade alerts (which actually are notified in discussion as well) is helpful to those that may not be able to tune into the chat consistently.

Videos and video chat intraday are informative.

Appreciate the dedication you guys are putting into it.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

lobwedgephil
FTAG 2000 said:

Look at that XLE chart.

They are getting ready to run oil.
Hope so, someone doesn't agree though.

bhanacik
AG
Agreed with all of these points!

Looking forward to next week
jimmo
any of the old seminar subscribers in OA's Telegram channel?
I got the FOMOs
- ETA: sent Jeff an email
rodan85
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I think it is going to be a wonderful service. Exactly what I need in my busy day so I can focus on the trades. I really like that they are split from the discussion.

However; I missed the live video because I turned off the discussion notifications so I could focus on with yesterday afternoon.
oldarmy1
AG
The live videos are recorded and within the Discussion thread. I'm having Jeff pin those and also setting a repository channel only for videos.

Pilot week was supposed to be this next week but I was itching to go. We went 7 out of 8 on alerted trades. The premarket non-alerted posts, such as yesterdays buy expiring SPY puts on the opening push $1-2 below price action actually were some of the highest ROI.

Jeff will set up a watchlist channel that has signal long and short levels. Also will have a Positions Open Positions Closed area tracking results.
Quacked
I very quickly checked out the site yesterday, I didn't see if it was a one time fee of 150$ or monthly?

Doubt I trade enough to justify monthly, only been trading options for a few years, but I've been paying for lessons anyway to the options makers
oldarmy1
AG
The $150 was new registrants access for 30 days, starting from Aug 1 plus access to all videos. Since we began the pilot a week early, and it continues this next week, anyone registered can get access by either emailing Jeff at Jeff@oa1trading.com or by adding Telegram once registered and message him at @JeffOA1 on Telegram.

After the August trial period, the service is $100 monthly. If people can't actively trade, or don't have time/resources to learn, then I wouldn't sign up either.

For those who do trade, one pivot trade should make a $100-$130 trade into a $150-200 profit. As people have seen, and are now seeing live, I'm pretty good at calling key pivots, and avoiding the traps. Maybe not 100%, but on the 10% I'm incorrect, the loss is less than $30 of a $100-130 trade.

Another aspect as to the entirety of my decision to go into this as a business is that helping and focusing on members trades means I am not able to trade at levels I normally have. It's no secret I get just as much satisfaction and pure joy at seeing others make money. This TexAgs thread should be somewhat of a testament that I enjoy education, training and sharing of ideas as anything.

But I'm researching with other successful traders, who transitioned to a service business, they said you have to choose between the service or full time trading, and the ROI from a service model will take some time to catch up to what your ROI as a professional trader. That has been good advice, because even during the initial pilot week I missed out on some easy trades, due to providing feedback and some guidance.

My only focus is finding and validating highest probability set ups, so alerts = profits. Even the 8th of that 7 out of 8 wasn't a losing trade. I didn't call it successful because, while we did reach the initial trim target and people trimmed, we stopped out at break even on the rest. I tell smaller account traders to sell 90-100% at trim levels while building their capital. I sell 20% generally and hold 80%.

Trust the disciplined process. That's my motto.
AgDad77
AG
I really like the format and am excited about this!!!

Thank you OA!
BaylorSpineGuy
OA, sincerely appreciate your commitment to seeing others succeed.

Hard for me to do much active trading with my work, but learning the levels and seeing the setups, etc., is worth the price for me.

I'm curious….when you alert trades and prices, will you also tell us where you set a stop loss for shares vs options? And more importantly why! Never clear if it's a general rule like 8% or based on an EMA, etc.

Thanks!
aggiefan2013
AG
OA, thanks for all of your contributions to these board. Will your service provide any guidance on specific stocks you are targeting for med/long term holds (i.e. MA stocks, etc.)?
oldarmy1
AG
Absolutely.

I posted a video today speaking to the various Levels of trading.

Level 1 is simply a buy to hold long term stock. The only skill needed to execute and manage this type of trade is a broker or an online brokerage account.

Level 2 is a standard 30-60 option call or put trade. You generally give a 60 day option up t0 30 days, as long as stop hasn't been reached. 15 days for a 30 day. Needs to be managed for trim points, full profit target reached and stops, so if an alert goes out, if you can't immediately break from work to execute the trade, why be in it?

Level 3 would be like a weekly option trade. We did UPS weekly Calls on the drop below $182.79 (tweeted and alerted). Great trade but time is compressed, and execution has to be managed promptly.

Level 4 moves to an intraday trend channel trade. TSLA was perfect set up Friday. Had opening move up with a "w" continuation pattern that broken out for higher move, but then had a clear change of structure to the downside. Made good gains on it with two different trades. But not for the slow decisioned trader. If you feel confident and competent enough to trade the Level 2 then dip your toe in. Move up to Level 3m and so on, as you gain experience and confidence. And obviously your trading platform has to be top notch.

Level 5 trade would normally be a daytraders Level 1 type trade. It's simply using the opening imbalance on price spike to come back to Model T and enter on first break above last candle above Model T. Things happen in minutes or even within a single minute, so only great platforms and mostly full-time traders should do these.

Level 6 is opening push trades. That's immediately jumping in a gapping stock, riding the imbalance and jumping out. We're talking 100mph fast balls to a MLB batter. Don't step into the batters box if you've never hit a 75mph fastball!

Another Level 6 was the "buy SPY puts if markets having opening push high" I gave to the channel Thursday. We got it and we got PAID! But Level 4-6 won't be via official alerts. Those only would be when I'm on live sharing my screen and explaining what I'm looking for and when to execute/exit. Your goose will get cooked if you aren't 100% focused and able to operate quickly.

Hope that explains the service!
FJ43
If you are in OA's OA1 DTS highly recommend his most recent L1-L6 video he mentions above.

Good to understand where you are as a trader from knowledge, discipline and time perspectives.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

oldarmy1
AG
I am posting the Trade Watchlist Channel. Link is in the Discussion Channel.

These will be the high probability trades I have studied over the weekend. While you may choose to trade using any of those, I will select the best set up once alert has gone off and will alert the exact trade as an official alert. Those are the ones that we'll be keeping score on, so they better be right most of the time, because what's a trading service that loses? AMIRITE?
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
A bit of interesting news vicariously about WWR...

In late June - Ford announced it received a $9.2B loan as part of it's BlueOvalSK joint venture to build more EV/EV battery facilities. Ford is in a JV with SK Innovation together.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/22/business/ford-department-of-energy-loan/index.html

Does the name SK Innovation sound familiar to anyone?

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sk-on-signs-deal-with-wes****er-resources-to-develop-anode-materials-301813812.html

DavysApprentice
AG
FJ43 said:

If you are in OA's OA1 DTS highly recommend his most recent L1-L6 video he mentions above.

Good to understand where you are as a trader from knowledge, discipline and time perspectives.

Just finished watching this. Really glad he put this one up because it's really important to know where you are at as a trader.

For me, and probably a lot of people, I have periods of the year where I can be more active depending on life. Sometimes I am level 2 and other times level 3, 4 or 5.

Important to keep it in perspective
oldarmy1
AG
Thanks! If anyone has an upload service for videos I have no issue posting that or the UPS video here.
oldarmy1
AG
Example of watchlist - Also, ETSY is at a good place for long term buy and hold entry.

ETSY - Big "W" pattern working through a block order resistance. Attempted to break out. We see it climbing that failed wick get ready for fireworks. Gap at $94.06 the Friday gravestone doji might visit first. Gap fill would still be above the 50EMA,

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Throw the fast balls at me.

The key is knowing when not to approach the plate.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Got a nice chunk of cash ready for any crashes this week. Bring on tech week.
Quacked
nvm, just biting the bullet

ETA

Im familiar with discord, not telegram, but I bit the bullet and I'm in. VERY VERY simliar, love the setup and live trading video!

ETAA

paid for my entry fee for august before lunch.
South Platte
LABU bottom?
oldarmy1
AG
storey979 said:

nvm, just biting the bullet

ETA

Im familiar with discord, not telegram, but I bit the bullet and I'm in. VERY VERY simliar, love the setup and live trading video!

ETAA

paid for my entry fee for august before lunch.
Are you Duck Quack on Telegram? Saw them post same.

NIO watchlist trade trigger paid over 100%. Woot!
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

She looks ready

Also, to update my compadres on here on the career switch. I used to coach, 16 years worth, jumped into financial advising last year with an insurance emphasis. Didn't take me long to figure out 2 things. I wanted to work in property and casualty insurance and I wanted to be my own boss. So I'm opening a Rollo Insurance branch in the small town I live near. Hence the reason for no trading time, lol. I am working in season football coaching hours right now to get this thing rolling.
She was ready!

Quacked
QUACK!
techno-ag
AG
South Platte said:

LABU bottom?
Still above its 52wl
gougler08
AG
Everyone asleep today?
YNWA_AG
AG
gougler08 said:

Everyone asleep today?

They are on the telegram
ProgN
gougler08 said:

Everyone asleep today?
My monthly draw is Wednesday so I've been crunching numbers.
ryanhnc10
AG
DOW with 11 straight positive days
E
AG
thanks for the jinx
Ragoo
AG
I don't know what it means but this is a TESLA "warehouse". It is where they take delivery of new vehicles. This entire parking lot is stuffed with cars that haven't been picked up.
FJ43
storey979 said:

QUACK!

This mad me laugh….now I know

First Page Last Page
Page 6189 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.