Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,983,335 Views | 231558 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by ProgN
wanderer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
$30,000 Millionaire said:

CRM looks good too.

Just a crappy yahoo chart to look at, but are we just looking at the possible breakout from the flag pattern? Above ~213.25 looks to be breakout? Aug calls?

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm using coffee shop Wi-Fi.

Crowdstrike is doing what I thought it would.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
CRM has almost broken its downtrend. Above 214 would be a wedge break out.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Curious about your thought process here. By exercising aren't you wasting any premium the call is carrying for you? Guess you could get it back by selling a cc. Is there a tax advantage to exercising vs selling? I have one jul21 17.5 call left, i was going to sell at 30 if it gets another good run (or maybe sell a 30strike call) but I'm open to alternatives.

I traded my RIVN in my ROTH so I don't have to worry about taxes. But correct in the idea of selling a covered call, however that's a maybe. If we hit $30, I might sell a $40 covered call and capitalize on some IV crush post earnings. Tough to say cause I'd probably be ok just owning 100 shares free and clear for longer term appreciation or having the chance to sell 50 at $30 and go truly net free again.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Appreciate it! I always get a bit of analysis paralysis when I'm in a trade this good, and want to execute my exit perfectly
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
There was also big call volume yesterday on lots of strikes. 7/28 225s and 11/17 230s
Edit: somebody always knows. In this case it seems everybody knew....
bmoochie
AG
wanderer said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

CRM looks good too.

Just a crappy yahoo chart to look at, but are we just looking at the possible breakout from the flag pattern? Above ~213.25 looks to be breakout? Aug calls?

Looks like the move is happening already.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Well, CRM is out of play until it dips.
oldarmy1
AG
Good morning!

I bought 10 CRM calls and planned on 100 if it broke $216 so bitter-sweet this morning. I could see the order block buys and then the options had begun volume.

Watching CYBR for monster move potential above $159.70.

CPI tomorrow and we're in between (literally MT) wave H/L so its only trades for me other than longs already held, such as PLTR, NIO etc.

NDX above 15250 and I'm looking for a Change of Character to go short, big.

SPY flashed above MT $440.40 premarket and generally easy short expecting a retest below that level before whatever the day holds unfolds. I love those easy quick profit opportunities premarket into open to start trading day. $439.13 would buy expiring $441calls with risk to $438.76.

Hope all are well!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

I can't wait to short cvna but thinking i need to give it another couple days. Maybe start buying puts wed

I started easing into next week's
Quacked
bought 10 shares of CRM last April ~160. Really thinking about letting them go for a dip around 230
pumpjack2
AG
JD failed breakout
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
FUBO rocket continues. Up to $2.66 now
South Platte
It's got a long way to go, but maybe it's poised for a long run up. I like the product myself.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
The team there seems to be well put together. They just keep plugging away and locking down more MLB teams; seem to be the big winner from the Bally Sports mess.
MAS444
AG
What happened to ROKU? Or stated differently, who/what lit a fire under ROKU's ass?
tlepoC
AG
Our friend $ELOX is doing things
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Yeah, it looks like there is a big institution buying massive shares any time it dips below $4
oldarmy1
AG
You guys remember the big volume spike on trending stocks that lead to nowhere? UPS had one and I automatically sell on seeing that anomaly. Don't care where it goes that is an auto sell signal for me.
frankm01
oldarmy1 said:

You guys remember the big volume spike on trending stocks that lead to nowhere? UPS had one and I automatically sell on seeing that anomaly. Don't care where it goes that is an auto sell signal for me.

Sold some from my long term account today. Not sure what the spike is due to but maybe a contract with the IBT is close.
oldarmy1
AG
JD back tested and held support.

NIO had an early shake and moved up.

BABA had a support test with liquidity grab flash.

ASAN broke out from month long consolidation channel. You're looking at a $130 stock there, boys and girls. Just don't know it yet. Guaranteed

BIGC broke above month long $10 area resistance. Could back test that breakout and would be new entry levels for newbies. That's a $75 stock.

SPY broke VWAP on a flash and then back tested $441.30 break down point. I expect ranging rest of afternoon between below that and below VWAP.
oldarmy1
AG
I bought 50 Aug 18 $80 OKTA calls. $0.81 average. Want to see how CPI impact markets.
South Platte
oldarmy1 said:

ASAN broke out from month long consolidation channel. You're looking at a $130 stock there, boys and girls. Just don't know it yet. Guaranteed
59 South
AG
So OA, I did my own personal mass accumulation of ENVX earlier this year in the 9.50 - 13 range and very close to net free a ridiculous number of shares. So you're saying I should take the invested capital back and rotate to ASAN ? I've seen lots of insider buying this year so good sign eh?
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
pumpjack2
AG
FYBR

Trending down since Feb 2023, looks like a possible trend reversal play. It reached model T off its most recent wave up yesterday and had a 4%+ day today. Also a juicy gap to fill at the $21.40 area. On watch for me.
59 South
AG
Btw I'm convinced there's a decent chance ENVX is a $200 stock in the next 3-5 years. I'm very hesitant to post opinions like this due to "feelings" and people getting mad if it doesn't happen but yea whatever.

FTAG 2000
AG
59 South said:

Btw I'm convinced there's a decent chance ENVX is a $200 stock in the next 3-5 years. I'm very hesitant to post opinions like this due to "feelings" and people getting mad if it doesn't happen but yea whatever.
Based on?
59 South
AG
Exactly.
oldarmy1
AG
59 South said:

So OA, I did my own personal mass accumulation of ENVX earlier this year in the 9.50 - 13 range and very close to net free a ridiculous number of shares. So you're saying I should take the invested capital back and rotate to ASAN ? I've seen lots of insider buying this year so good sign eh?
#1 Congrats on studying a stock and making it a MA commitment. As far as recapturing initial capital and leaving planted net free stocks, I would look back to Sept last year and you can see a big order block period up to $25. That would be me phasing highest end target to be net free. But it chopped from $18's to $25 so we are in the near middle of that and could see some consolidation after a great move. If I had a MA position in it I would sell 25% soon/now and enter an Aug 18 covered calls for $2+ on the $21 strikes. Net $23 or reduce holding of that 25% by $2 is a win in my book.

They report Aug 9, so I'd see how the stock behaves for next week and maybe buy back the call if consolidates to earn you over $1 of that $2 premium.

Alternatively, I would consider using $1.35 of all those gains to buy August 11 $18 puts. Those will take you through earnings and if the stock explodes who cares about $1.35! If it disappoints then you score on your protective strategy.

As for using your gains to buy ASAN, I'd use a combo approach of selling naked Puts out 45 days that would equate to 50% of desired position and then buy 50% of a desired 100% total holding.
Ragoo
AG
Went hard on the 4235c at 0.40 and sold it at 2.85 before it went to 9+. Oops.
59 South
AG
Awesome, this is why your strategies are 2nd to none and a perfect blend of upside and risk mitigation. Confirms my analysis more or less. I like ASAN a lot but have never dipped my toes in.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Sounds like you got your groove back!
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Heard a solid rumor today that Tesla is selling or in the works with Hyundai related to something with the Giga factory in Austin. Could be a partnership or some type of economies of scale. But I know Hyundai got snubbed with the Inflation Reduction Act only giving $7500 EV credits to vehicles made in a America.
wanderer
OA, I could be misunderstanding, but I don't think this is telling the whole story.

ELOX was being called out and bought up by the board around May/June 2021 at a price of $1.50ish (and that's being pretty generous). It underwent a 1-40 reverse split Dec '22. Yes, the ticker is up huge recently, but still ~80+% down from buying price.

techno-ag
AG
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Heard a solid rumor today that Tesla is selling or in the works with Hyundai related to something with the Giga factory in Austin. Could be a partnership or some type of economies of scale. But I know Hyundai got snubbed with the Inflation Reduction Act only giving $7500 EV credits to vehicles made in a America.

Interesting if more cars or at least EV components are going to be made in Texas.
First Page Last Page
Page 6174 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.