Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,993,527 Views | 231574 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by EliteZags
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting. Did not expect this.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Boy Named Sue
AG
Boom. Caught a little slump buster there as SPY dropped below 440.50. Riding some SPY 439Ps just for fun now
Brewmaster
AG
broke the downtrend
texAZtea
AG
Just 30 minutes early on your prediction?
texAZtea
AG
I'll stop posting now.
Ragoo
AG
Okay MARA you can bust of that
Box now. Okay?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'll take that after the week we've had.
BaylorSpineGuy
Farmer, what's up with XOM volume today? 3rd highest in a year. And I didn't see any major news….
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Farmer, what's up with XOM volume today? 3rd highest in a year. And I didn't see any major news….
Accumulation big boy.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
lobwedgephil
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
BaylorSpineGuy said:

XOM Volume:
Today = 43.13 mil
65DMA = 16.4 mil

At The Closing Bell 19,132,733
At 415pmET, 15 minutes after the Closing Bell = 42,711,623

I wasn't at my computer for the Closing Bell. I had someone else monitoring for me. I trust the numbers. I monitor volume on XOM. Volume adjustments (15 minutes after the Closing Bell) these past 2 weeks have predominantly been +2.5 million - that's high. Not including today, 50% of XOM daily volume trades in the last 1 to 2 hours of the session and 20% of the XOM daily volume trades in the last 20 minutes.

What happen,....and a little more...
- Quad Witching (?)
- There was a 5 million share trade at the open. Not normal. In fact, highly abnormal.
- I think Goldman is getting their whales positioned. They announced a cut in their target for crude the day after their Economist Jeff Currie said no change in crude and look for $95+ oil in 23H2. Read on,..
- More airfare/travel news. European flights have surged in price to $1,200 per person round trip. According to the travel experts this is a way high price and being snapped up. Travel is up 20% over 2019 levels right now. (crude oil lingers at $70's)
- A lot of fellow XOM holder friends are singing the blues. I'm not. IMO, SHTF in July. Somewhere within my last 7 posts there is my list of current impact points. Click my profile and you'll see them. Easier to find versus scrolling pages in this thread. Those points are basic & bullish. A crude and energy rally is coming. Don't care what pundits are saying.
- The ONLY bearish scenario I can give you is JP raising rates. Two 25 percentage point moves will kill this economy. One 25 percentage point move will hobble the economy. That's the bearish side I see. In 2 rate hikes, the federal budget gets consumed. Do you cut SS or Medicare to generate cash....not happening....that's why 1 hike & hold is possible, but not 2.
- There are off shore bearish inputs out there but mentioning Chinese sometimes blurs thinking. As always, watch out for these smiling cats. (Taiwan certainly is.) Just because they might dump all of the U.S. debt they own on the market in an overnight session to create chaos, it does not mean there will be a currency replacement as a result. See, if the Chinese dump U.S. debt, U.S. sanctions and monetary policy shift immediately in retaliation to a point where it is MAD - Mutually Assured Destruction. Both economies will go down. It doesn't mean the USD gets supplanted at all. However, you just want someone a bit more proactive & nimble minded then Janet Yellen taking up space as Sec of Treas. ... There's more of a threat in gradually changing world payment structure to another currency <<<< that's a China play because it's a longer term proposition versus a "dump"; albeit, Peter Zeihan, who I don't follow, gives China 10 years before they implode.. So, is China desperate to move now? Nawh. ..... BRIC is a potential threat to gradually change payment structure. And, as for Russia,...as long as Joe is President, that war will persist.
- Did you know Institutions own 60% of XOM? If Institutional ownership remains unchanged by the time XOM completes the share buyback program, Institutional ownership will move to approx 68%.
- CVX Volume was 3X today too.
- Warren has not sold any OXY.
- Lot's of talk in the press about selling energy. I would think twice before doing so.
- Baker Hughes reported this week 8 more rigs taken out of production.
- Saudi begins the 1 million bpd cut on July 1st.
- The Green Energy faction says "Demand Destruction". Farmer says "Supply Dismantling"
- China's economy is reopening in a very big way. MSM is playing it down on the airwaves here in the U.S.

I hope this information helps you in some way.
Bird Poo
AG
Zeihan is a mouthpiece for the alphabets. It's laughable to predict China's implosion due to age, let alone a communist country. They can simply raise the retirement age or conscript more slaves. They are playing the long game and it's a damn shame he's pulling the wool over everyone's eyes.

BRICS is not going away and will become an established stable alternative.

reineraggie09
AG
Have you read Peter Z? Way more than just age. I don't agree with everything especially a pair of assumptions he makes.
1) the USA will completely step off the world stage as the protector of international trade, mainly the US Navy
2) that countries won't recognize and fight their downfall. He briefly discussed this in his last book, but only briefly

I think China/Russia are doing the later. BRICS could be a problem but I have seen this game before. Wasn't it 10-15 years ago BRIC was supposed to surpass the EU has the dominate economic threat to the US. Brazil is allows about potential but the corruption and political strife keeps it at bay.

I believe in a united China/Russia that is a problem but I have way less faith in Brazil or India.
oldarmy1
AG
Great stuff. The markets are going to have a consolidation pullback, and any further drop in XOM would likely result in extended oversold bands that would quickly snap price action back within mid ranges.

Always good to get a good start to a new positions…
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Sorry, making sure I'm understanding, you expect XOM to consolidate even further before the trend reversal?
oldarmy1
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Sorry, making sure I'm understanding, you expect XOM to consolidate even further before the trend reversal?
I don't know, but if markets go into even sideways consolidation, stocks trending sideways or down usually draw down further to previous major support. Last time that was $102 area. Would love to see it fail under $100 for flash down like lat time it broken $100 - it went to $97.60.
FJ43
Happy Father's Day Gents. Hope y'all have had a Blessed one.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

spud1910
AG
FJ43 said:

FJ, I was blessed tremendously today. I spent most of the day alone with my dad in the hospital. I know that doesn't sound that great, but earlier in the week I was pretty sure I wouldn't get this Father's Day with him. My mom hadn't left the hospital for a week, but I was able to convince her to go home and take a break today, which gave me most of the day with him. So, just a reminder to not take time with your parents (or any loved one for that matter) for granted.

And yes, he is doing much better.
FJ43
Yes you were very Blessed to get to spend that time with him…..and so right to not take it for granted. Lost my dad about 8 years ago. My wife lost hers last October.

Thanks for sharing your story. I'll be praying for you, your father and your family.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

spud1910
AG
FJ43 said:

Yes you were very Blessed to get to spend that time with him…..and so right to not take it for granted. Lost my dad about 8 years ago. My wife lost hers last October.

Thanks for sharing your story. I'll be praying for you, your father and your family.
Thank you. Prayers are always welcome.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Happy Fathers Day FJ, and happy Fathers Day to all of you Dads!
FTAG 2000
AG
spud1910 said:

FJ43 said:

FJ, I was blessed tremendously today. I spent most of the day alone with my dad in the hospital. I know that doesn't sound that great, but earlier in the week I was pretty sure I wouldn't get this Father's Day with him. My mom hadn't left the hospital for a week, but I was able to convince her to go home and take a break today, which gave me most of the day with him. So, just a reminder to not take time with your parents (or any loved one for that matter) for granted.

Praying for y'all.

Lost the old man five years ago. This day is a kick in the nuts every year.

What I would give for one more chat with him.
AgEng06
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

spud1910 said:

FJ43 said:

Praying for y'all.

Lost the old man five years ago. This day is a kick in the nuts every year.

What I would give for one more chat with him.

Man, ain't this the truth. My dad died 1/1/22 at the age of 61. I miss him every day, but would love the chance for one more hunt or day on the lake.
South Platte
Man, that's way too early. Very sorry.
Talon2DSO
AG
Thats heartbreaking. My condolences to you
oldarmy1
AG
I'm 61 and this really hit me. Way too soon.

My dad is 87 and he looks in his mid 70's, but as time goes on I can see the changes. Certainly have been blessed to have him this long and his parents lived into their mid 90's. I pray he remains able to fish and golf to the end.

spud1910
AG
Thanks FTAG. I am blessed that my parents live at the same location where they moved with me when I was less than 1 year old. And I live about a half mile away on land they bought a year or two later. I do my best to see them every chance I get, but sometimes I still get caught up with work and tell myself I can see them later. This experience is a reminder that I won't always have that option.
spud1910
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I'm 61 and this really hit me. Way too soon.

My dad is 87 and he looks in his mid 70's, but as time goes on I can see the changes. Certainly have been blessed to have him this long and his parents lived into their mid 90's. I pray he remains able to fish and golf to the end.

Me too OA. My maternal grandfather was 66 when he died and I thought he was ancient at the time. Now that I am 60, it doesn't seem old at all.
AgEng06
AG
Thanks for the kind words, guys.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Didn't realize you were old enough to be my Dad. My parents had me at 21 and 22 and I'm 41.
ProgN
AgEng06 said:

Thanks for the kind words, guys.
You and I are on the same road my friend. The supportive posts are genuine and are perfect examples of why this place is so special and the best thread on TA.
ravingfans
AG
My dad is getting near the end of his journey, but we are just here to help him down the path for now. Mom is in a lot of pain, and is not far behind. So it will be a mixture of devastation and Joy knowing where they are headed when they depart.

As ProgN says, these TA forums have some really genuine caring people, and so proud to be a small part.
spud1910
AG
Sorry to derail the thread, but thank you to everyone who shared. When I come here I feel like I am among friends.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

Last couple of fed days things have dumped the day after. Wonder what it's gonna be.

One thing about these initial breaks in futures. Regardless of what happens today, generally it is a signal that a sell off pull back is coming within 3 days. Let's see how that plays out.

Write it in your trading notes. 3 Trading Days.
sts7049
AG
i bought a few dec VIX calls on friday.
First Page Last Page
Page 6157 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.