Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,993,591 Views | 231574 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by EliteZags
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are you guys excited about fomc? I'm gonna try and scalp puts if the first move is up and we tag 441 (~mancini target)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TQQQ hit $40 for the first time since April 2022.
FTAG 2000
AG
A little pre-Fed jiggle for Jerome.

ProgN
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/37852923/sources-georgia-alabama-texas-texas-2024-sec-slate
Quote:

Alabama and Georgia will meet during the 2024 regular season in Tuscaloosa, which will be only their fifth regular-season matchup in the past 20 years, sources told ESPN on Wednesday.

With the full 2024 schedule set to be released Wednesday night (7 p.m. ET, SEC Network), some of the other highlights, sources told ESPN, include Texas playing at Texas A&M.

With Texas and Oklahoma joining the league in 2024, the SEC voted to stay at eight conference games for the 2024 season in a bridge schedule before determining a more permanent schedule for the future, which includes potentially adding a ninth conference game.
Quote:

For the Longhorns and Aggies, it will be their first meeting since 2011 -- a 27-25 Texas win -- as Texas A&M joined the SEC the following season.

The SEC made it a priority to maintain the historical rivalries in 2024. Alabama will play at Tennessee and LSU, for instance, while Texas A&M will face LSU at home and Arkansas at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Also, Texas will travel to Arkansas, in a meeting of old Southwest Conference rivals, and Oklahoma and Texas will continue their annual rivalry at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. Georgia will keep its annual rivarlries with Auburn, Florida and Tennessee.

All 14 existing SEC schools will play either Oklahoma or Texas in 2024, with sources telling ESPN that Georgia will visit Texas and Alabama will travel to face Oklahoma.

One of the concerns for SEC teams about going to nine conference games involved tougher nonconference games already scheduled for that season and how that might affect their chances of landing a spot in an expanded 12-team playoff with a potential extra loss. For example, Texas A&M opens the 2024 season against Notre Dame, and Alabama plays at Wisconsin the second week of the season. Also, Florida plays Florida State every year, South Carolina faces Clemson and Kentucky faces Louisville.
FTAG 2000
AG
LOL, Georgia has to go play in Austin.

burnt orange nonsense starting already.

I guess Bjork at least gets a victory lap on our game with sip being at Kyle.
HoustonAg2014
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

LOL, Georgia has to go play in Austin.

burnt orange nonsense starting already.

I guess Bjork at least gets a victory lap on our game with sip being at Kyle.

I mean go look at their schedule compared to ours. Or projected…

We get LSU and texas at home. No UGA or Bama.

Texas gets @A&M, @Arky, home vs Texas, Michigan non conference, and I believe they also play Bama and/or LSU.

SEC did them zero favors lol…
FTAG 2000
AG
Yeah I want to see the actual schedule, don't trust the leaks fully.

I do like how sips would get Georgia at DKRTacoBell before we get them at Kyle.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Most pro traders I know, except the order flow future types, do not trade the immediate aftermath of FOMC. It's low probability and can have wild swings. As much as 50 points on SPX within 3-4 minutes.

There is also IV crush immediately following the announcement. Maybe EOD lottos, but I've already had a good day so why risk it.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
FTAG 2000
AG
Fed says two more hikes this year.

Bombs away.
FTAG 2000
AG
SPY on the elevator ride, while Vix says eh.

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Bombs away.
It's just two more 25bps rate hikes

Gives them 6 months and 4ish more meetings to do that.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Wait for the presser. Don't be rookies.
FTAG 2000
AG
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Bombs away.
It's just two more 25bps rate hikes

Gives them 6 months and 4ish more meetings to do that.

Oh for sure.

And we all know what Powell says will be the catalyst in the market.

The fact VIX is still hanging out while SPY drops is a tell.
Brewmaster
AG
first move is usually the fake. Will be interesting to see if we rally here shortly
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Buy the dip
Talon2DSO
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

A little pre-Fed jiggle for Jerome.

Something about skinny brunettes....if only she were holding a plate of bacon.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Most pro traders I know, except the order flow future types, do not trade the immediate aftermath of FOMC. It's low probability and can have wild swings.

Posts like this make me feel like a special kind of degenerate
FTAG 2000
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Most pro traders I know, except the order flow future types, do not trade the immediate aftermath of FOMC. It's low probability and can have wild swings.

Posts like this make me feel like a special kind of degenerate
bmoochie
AG
Looking like TSLA's 13 day green streak will be coming to an end baring some wild close. maybe I am just trying the reverse jinx here.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I think it's gonna be a wild close but i wish i knew which way!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Personally I'm starting to load up for more medium term swings on TNA and UPRO, so I had some limits buys that triggered.

Still got several below, but hard to say which direction we'll go from here.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Market needs to consolidate in my opinion.
E
AG
NVDA…

The run it's been on this past month and still going
Aggie09Derek
AG
oldarmy1 said:

The Seminar link and passcode has been emailed to those who attended any previous seminars. If you didn't receive it, send an email to oa1stocks@gmail.com.

I signed up this go around and hadn't previously. We're we supposed to receive an additional email yesterday?
ProgN

Agreed but this market is in full honey badger mode. It'd probably not GAF if China nuked Taiwan.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
BA/LMT/LHX/RTX to the moon
Saltyag15
AG
ProgN said:

Agreed but this market is in full honey badger mode. It'd probably not GAF if China nuked Taiwan.
It seems like when the market is in full send or free fall, there's no news that can slow it down/turn it around. It's gonna do what it's gonna do.
South Platte
ProgN said:

Just when you think it's safe to go outside . . . when everyone least expects it . . . . BANG
FTAG 2000
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

BA/LMT/LHX/RTX to the moon
What I miss? We going to war?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Not that I'm aware of. But if we were...
ProgN
Saltyag15 said:

ProgN said:

It seems like when the market is in full send or free fall, there's no news that can slow it down/turn it around. It's gonna do what it's gonna do.
Oh, I know man, I've seen it multiple times. When everyone is so bullish and irrational, I've done better raising cash by selling into their irrational exuberance. Then reposition when everyone is puking. It definitely takes discipline but it's been the right decision more times than it's failed. Like 30K likes to say, "is everybody bullish" or "is everyone a bear". I'd just urge caution before anyone gives into FOMO and their emotions trap them or blows up their accounts. JMO
FJ43
What am I missing? Been doing a little traveling with family.

Y'all making a buck?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

BaylorSpineGuy
Blow off top incoming! I broke 90 playing golf today! First time ever. Dangerous times indeed!
ProgN
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Blow off top incoming! I broke 90 playing golf today! First time ever. Dangerous times indeed!
First Page Last Page
Page 6153 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.