Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,999,432 Views | 231603 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by CC09LawAg
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wanderer said:

OA, are you rolling to a different strike price too?

I have 6/16 SPY puts ranging from 380-390 & QQQ puts ranging from $285-295. Like you mentioned, theta is definitely starting to affect them.

Yes sir......I roll them to the same strikes, but if dropping to lower price is mentally a win then do it. A big drop will pay all strikes. That's more important than not having the hedges in place.
oldarmy1
AG
Towns03 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Yes is my answer to the XOM reversal. Also FMC $115 calls to June 16. Ease into them.and use any capitulation to add IMO
I'm still reading and learning here:

I see the June 16th call for FMC at .70 now. Did that go down since your post? did your position hit stops and sell? or are you holding?

thanks for the lessons and tips!
Hence the "ease" into the FMC calls. Thompson was getting fills at $0.70 into the close. I was sitting right with him for continuing to build position and got zero fills at that price. $0.75 was my lowest fills.
oldarmy1
AG
anyone think people expect an explosion before the weekend?

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I kind of think today will be the high of the week.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
oldarmy1 said:

anyone think people expect an explosion before the weekend?

That's a lot of wsb stoner dreams just begging to be crushed!
Spoony Love
AG
I'm a baseline pessimist so I agree.
ProgN
When does the DJIA rebalance? Does that also coincide with when they make company changes?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I think today's the day. If you are looking for a trade then buying the first dip expiring $SPY calls $2 away would be worth a look.

If you are in Friday to Tuesday $415 calls don't take early profits this time.

So is there anything in particular that influenced this call? Or was it pure intuition? Regardless, thank you!
oldarmy1
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

oldarmy1 said:

I think today's the day. If you are looking for a trade then buying the first dip expiring $SPY calls $2 away would be worth a look.

If you are in Friday to Tuesday $415 calls don't take early profits this time.

So is there anything in particular that influenced this call? Or was it pure intuition? Regardless, thank you!
I was asked that after the last time I was seeing things premarket that had me in bullish mode. Pretty much the same elements combined with experience and intuition on when to pull the trigger on pullback. I happened to hit this one on the exact minute day low for entry tweet. I already had the tweet typed and was just waiting to see if the acceleration drop and initial 5 minute support failed to a new low for one of my favorite "tricksy" moves. I went pretty darn big because I was convinced I was right and knew that if we didn't bounce at that level there was a ways away from any meaningful next support. Basically the big money bulls hand was forced to show right there. So I go big because if I'm right the score is huge. If I'm wrong the stop loss is small. But expecting the upside day after watching the last hour of yesterday holding lower wedge support factored into the decision.

FJ43
OA….you know I love playing your tricksy move on the 1 min for scalping. Especially at SR support. Great trade setup.

Question for the board's education on this one.

I look for the volume response post wick. Then sustained volume.

What did you see here outside of the wick?

Edit: Related to volume. I tracked with you on the other details.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

HoustonAg2014
AG
NWLI anyone buy that today? Holy crap… we bought this morning after it was up 40% and it is still going. Definitely worth looking into.
Talon2DSO
AG
Done and done, pal
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Awesome, thank you!
BaylorSpineGuy
FJ43 said:

OA….you know I love playing your tricksy move on the 1 min for scalping. Especially at SR support. Great trade setup.

Thanks for sharing the insight tonight! What do you consider large volumes on 1, 5 min timeframes, etc? Obviously big volume always come in at open and close and when do you start considering volumes sizes after open and before close as separate or different in importance?

Hope my question is clear.
Spoony Love
AG
These are good questions. Enquiring minds want to know.
oldarmy1
AG
E said:

Can you promise a WWR reversal too??

Let me say, against the backdrop of a sub-$1 share price, I have consistently maintained that this was a long-term accumulation stock, that was based on the transition in energy sourcing and would see its rise once its large plant facility came online. That had been forecast by WWR to occur (pre-covid guidance) in mid 2021.

Those in on it early captured a anticipatory spike in share price allowing us to get net free. A subsequent lesser spike allowed us to further add to net free shares, while booking additional profits. Theree were several delays by the State and Federal regulatory agencies that created a slowing of the construction in 2020. This began an initial slow consolidation channel that I felt would eventually break back out. Then covid hit and the shorts were gifted complete control. No one was happy except them.

Then covid hit and post-covid the stock saw short sellers pile on suffered (as all stocks did) due to Covid's disruption to supply lines, forced closures and about any other obstacle one can list. It was particularly detrimental for plant-based construction, large machinery and components.

Net free money has continually shrunk and those who bought after the spikes never had a real opportunity to get net anything, especially not net-free. Ironically those who have been extremely late buyers have had several trading cycles to get net free. Those with resources have also bought and sold (and used covered calls) to either book profits or add to net free shares.

Management reaffirmed guidance that production will begin in 2024 for Phase 1, with full Phase 1 production in the 2nd half of 2024. They also stated that they are confident in meeting fiscal demands to see that materialize. No excuses bottom-line? What was to occur in 2021 is now 2024. Fairly simple logic in my estimation.

This statement from their CFO says it all:
oldarmy1
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

FJ43 said:

Thanks for sharing the insight tonight! What do you consider large volumes on 1, 5 min timeframes, etc? Obviously big volume always come in at open and close and when do you start considering volumes sizes after open and before close as separate or different in importance?

Hope my question is clear.
Good questions.

I throw out the opening market order volumes, as those skew intraday readings. The intraday acceleration moves will then generally be 2X+ of other minute mark. They generally begin with a larger volume spike, to break through initial support attempts and either create a volume parabola or an increasing volume signature as shorts, stops and sellers are added in. Once acceleration receives a bounce, either major volume responds creating a "V" recovery, OR, and this is the most desirable and what we got the last two real-time entry tweets, is an initial support bounce followed by a lower volume tick on the 5-minute back towards acceleration lows. Combine that pattern with what I had from the previous day as support levels, and I began buying my $413 calls. Sometimes you get what FJ quoted as the "tricksy" quick new low, that creates stops by the amateur traders, before immediately rising back to top of the first post-acceleration bounce. HOWEVER, I tweeted my tweet only AFTER that tricksy move because I know a lot of people mirror my real-time trade alerts. If you see the 9:03 tweet, you will see that at 9:02 was the tricksy move. The 9:03 was the quick recapture move. I also doubled my call position on seeing the tricksy move added in with quick move back above the initial post-acceleration bounce - because it added my favorite confirmation signal.

That a lot of people have engaged in mirroring my trades is not lost on me, and it's admittedly taken some getting used to over time. People say "each individual is responsible for their own trades." That is ultimately true, but if you are planning to have subscribers pay for real-time text alerts, targets, stops, education and macro-outlook - I can assure you they will expect, as it should be, success more than failure. I am in the camp of each individual has to develop their own system for success. If my approach and insights become a small part of that system, great!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Smells like shenanigans today
Spoony Love
AG
We might be teasing the top of the recent trading zone only to stay above it today.
Talon2DSO
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Fun shenanigans or tragic and sad shenanigans?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I just don't see what positions you would put on for an index right here.

I'd short from higher and long from lower
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Fun shenanigans or tragic and sad shenanigans?

Chop and traps. I mean we'll see. It's opex and predicting in this environment is hard. I'm just saying what I'm expecting
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
"Hey Farva what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy **** on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?"
oldarmy1
AG
If you followed on MU I am out 100%. Last fills tweeted $3.65
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Think cvna can flush tomorrow or does it need another week?
E
AG
Appreciate the input!

Do you foresee this doing a split to get back up? Seems like they would need major news like a actual partnership, guaranteed sales contracts, or more then just basically research development with SK to gain some real traction.
Talon2DSO
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

"Hey Farva what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy **** on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?"

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Can this just clear 4172 so I can go long for 5 points, please?
oldarmy1
AG
E said:

Appreciate the input!

Do you foresee this doing a split to get back up? Seems like they would need major news like a actual partnership, guaranteed sales contracts, or more then just basically research development with SK to gain some real traction.
They've avoided it and know the sentiment on splitting. This close to completion they better have their sales skills sharp and get any financing needed.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I'm gunning for a fakeout flush to 414.3 or even 413, then run to 416.8
(I made money yesterday so now I'm an expert. Thinking about quitting my job to do this full time. As long as you, fj, and oa keep doing your thing)
DeangeloVickers
AG

Sell it all. #itsover
gougler08
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Sell it all. #itsover
Nice knowing you guys
Spoony Love
AG
Watch for any volume drying up today. It has been elevated at opening volume on several 5 min candles and each time they are green candles. Volume dries up today and we retrace back to 414 or below. I'm eying a 412.50 P tomorrow. May jump in at some point for a scalp.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG

Can this just clear 4172 so I can go long for 5 points, please?
Worked great just FYI
cageybee77
AG
I'm having a blast with AI, ACLS, and PLTR. It makes me feel like I know what I'm doing. (which is scary)
First Page Last Page
Page 6123 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.