Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,977,872 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
boyz05 said:

Two of the biggest banks in BCS on there, First Financial and Prosperity.
fightintxag13
AG
I'm planning on holding onto what will likely be assigned shares of WAL next Friday ($25 strike) and TFC tomorrow ($30 strike). Both seem to be fairly sound banks that I think could turn into good swing trades.

I should add that I bought WAL at $32, lowered my cost basis to $30 before earnings by selling puts and sold at $37 last week.

But I should add the disclaimer I gave last week that I'm an idiot so take that FWIW.
cgh1999
AG
boyz05 said:

This is a stupid list. It doesn't tell you anything that matters. What is the LTV? What type of RE? Where is it located? Average loan size? Current occupancy? Are they still under construction? Guaranteed? Etc.

How much capital does the bank have? % of uninsured deposits? Concentration on deposits? Credit quality? Etc.

Will these banks have challenges related to their RE? Sure. But if they used solid underwriting standards (which improved across the board following the banking crisis in 2007-2009), then the higher levels of capital required by regulators will help them survive.
cgh1999
AG
Here's a great thread about what I think is happening to the Banking market today

fightintxag13
AG
That's a damn good thread. Thanks for bringing it here!
ProgN
HoustonAg_2009 said:

For all the recent WAL and TFC buyers.....We going to hold in hopes that this is simply short-sellers trying to profit in the short term? WAL's quarterly report last week didn't look bad....Same for TFC. Most folks here thinking about holding for the long term and letting the storm pass?
I'm planning to add more o both of my positions after this weekend.
ProgN
Stock market today: Live updates (cnbc.com)
Quote:

Stocks were set to rebound on Friday amid a big losing week as regional bank shares climbed off their lows and market-darling Apple reported better-than-expected quarterly earnings.

Futures tied to the Dow Jones Industrial Average
gained 217 points, or 0.6%. S&P 500 futures
rose 0.8%, while Nasdaq-100 futures
added 075%.

The rebound for regional bank stocks was boosted by a note from JPMorgan, which upgraded Western Alliance, Zions Bancorp and Comerica to overweight. The firm said those three banks appear "substantially mispriced" in part due to short-selling activity. The SPDR S&P Regional Banking ETF (KRE) advanced 2.4%. PacWest which is down sharply this week on news it's considering strategic options that include a sale popped nearly 18.9%. Western Alliance also jumped more than 10%.
That's a big upgrade from JPM. They wouldn't be upgrading them if they wanted to get them for pennies on the dollar should the FDIC take them into receivership.
Boy Named Sue
AG
For those who've been playing NNOX, it's up 7% in premarket
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
fightintxag13 said:

That's a damn good thread. Thanks for bringing it here!
Agree. Great thread and thanks!

To add a little. Not bank related. Good notation by Elliott below.
Quote:

The way the risk of this cycle gets stopped is by reducing the risk that short-selling speculators in a stock can cause the exact bank run that benefits them.

Gotta hope Wes Christian exposes what is going on in naked short selling in GTII and tickers. SEC needs a size 11 in the butt turning a blind eye to this manipulation. This should not be happening. Right now, I hope SAVA clinical trials come back with glowing results. I hope naked short sellers get handed what is due them, bankruptcy. Currently at 21.9 days to cover,...and that my friends would be a nice squeeze.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Island gap on SPY
Boy Named Sue
AG
So that usually indicates a reversal, right? But what's the time frame for the trend we should at?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Yes, correct. Well, green for the day and green for the week. Don't want to give it back.
Towns03
AG
I'm slow on every XOM move I've made.... is it about to go? it's at $108.3x right now
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SCHW already up nearly 7% from my buy yesterday.
Towns03 said:

I'm slow on every XOM move I've made.... is it about to go? it's at $108.3x right now
You can't hit the bottom and you'll never hit the top. After you're dead, it still goes higher. With that being said, if you're looking to pick up quick dollars today, no help to you. If you want some dollars next week, buying now is not a bad entry. It will run a little to Ex-Div (5/15). I'm thinking it will reach close to $116. After that, it's just a steady chugga-chugga upward move. ..... I'm still looking around for that pesky recession, have you found it?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
XOM should see $109.60 today.
Boy Named Sue
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Yes, correct. Well, green for the day and green for the week. Don't want to give it back.
I only need to make $233 today to meet that (overly ambitious) weekly goal I set. Set some alerts for potential entries later
$30,000 Millionaire said:

XOM should see $109.60 today.
Brewmaster
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

SCHW already up nearly 7% from my buy yesterday.
found it... Schwab by the numbers:

SF2004
AG
Yesterday the world was falling apart.

Now it is RAMMING SPEED!

Absolute clown market.
$30K, do you have an opinion on MPW? I have nothing to offer other than a buddy says I need to be in it. Any feedback is appreciated. No holds barred.
Brewmaster
AG
Towns03 said:

higher lows yesterday (if you count premarket dip), big buy premarket today, and steady mostly buying this morning. Like Farmer said, June monthly calls should pay.
E
AG
SF2004 said:

Now it is RAMMING SPEED!

Absolute clown market.

Would be nice for WWR to follow
FJ43
Watch 411.40ish
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Just an Ag
AG
SF2004 said:

Now it is RAMMING SPEED!

Absolute clown market.
All the banks were going bust yesrterday and everybody was sad, but then Apple sold a bunch of iPhones and now everybody is partying. Makes total sense ....
Spoony Love
AG
SPY having a hard time pushing off 411
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

$30K, do you have an opinion on MPW? I have nothing to offer other than a buddy says I need to be in it. Any feedback is appreciated. No holds barred.
I need to look into this fundamentally. It doesn't look worthwhile technically.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm checking out. will be back near close.

Not letting a green day be a red day.
Got it. Thank you!
FTAG 2000
AG
Time to revisit VIX calls?
fightintxag13
AG
Was just thinking the same thing.
Spoony Love
AG
SPY is getting a little top heavy on the day. I wouldn't be surprised to see this push down back to open around 408 to stay at the bottom of this trading zone
FJ43
CIDM voting on reverse split
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Let's see if Exxon can push now
gougler08
AG
FJ43 said:

CIDM voting on reverse split
It's out of the box on the bottom side + reverse splits are never good...I'm out
First Page Last Page
Page 6105 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.