Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,979,002 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
wanderer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rejected off 21.3 again
Chef Elko
AG
Danwell Home said:

Towns03 said:

ATLX nose dive
What's the story here? I don't see much

Found it.

https://www.bleeckerstreetresearch.com/research/atlas-lithium-atlx-first-comes-the-pump
FJ43
Ok degenerates……what's the lotto play for tomorrow?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Bocephus
AG
Buying $SNAP at 7.91
$RBLX at 33.88
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
BaylorSpineGuy
FJ43 said:

Ok degenerates……what's the lotto play for tomorrow?

Maybe TLT? Don't know if they have weeklies but if TNX dips below 3.30, It'll break above 108. Not usually a fun lottery but a good trade. A 110C for Jun/jul should be a winner.

AAPL call spreads aren't a bad idea. 3 pts OTM in both directions. One's a winner and one's a loser is my guess.
Spoony Love
AG
I'm watching XOM 108 fortomorrow
irish pete ag06
AG
Not tomorrow, but FUBO May 12 $1.5 for .04 to .05
fightintxag13
AG
There was a question asked here a few days ago that I never saw an answer for...

What's the difference between brokered CD's through your trading platform and CD's through a bank?
BaylorSpineGuy
fightintxag13 said:

There was a question asked here a few days ago that I never saw an answer for...

What's the difference between brokered CD's through your trading platform and CD's through a bank?

I also never saw an answer to the question about what happens to a put if the company you have a put on goes belly up. Does it pay?
irish pete ag06
AG
fightintxag13 said:

Brokered CDs are where an FA can shop for the best rates. There's usually a brokerage fee (it's small) but the FA can put it with any bank that's offering. It allows you to get the best CD rate out there instead of shopping bank to bank yourself.
txaggie_08
AG
I've been buying quite a few through Schwab recently, setting up a CD ladder.

There are several differences. Your broker will allow you to shop several different banks and terms. Schwab has 1, 3, 9, 12 month and up CDs. If you have to cash out a CD through your broker I believe you have to sell it through the open market to someone else so you probably won't get a good return on it (depending on current interest rates compared to CD rate). Something you'll want to read up on. There's Callable vs Non-Callable CDs, most are FDIC insured, but not all. Just research them.
gougler08
AG
Bocephus said:

Buying $SNAP at 7.91
$RBLX at 33.88
I'm selling May 19 $7.50 puts for $0.24/contract
ProgN
fightintxag13 said:

Why would you buy a CD when you can buy treasuries like this:

6 mo 4.97%
1 yr 4.60%
2 yr 3.70%

You could ladder those for a good chunk of money at much lower fees. JMO
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
this may be the bounce we were looking for, but time of day is not the best.
wanderer
My CU has 5% 6mo CDs
ProgN
cgh1999
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

fightintxag13 said:

Brokered CDs are where an FA can shop for the best rates. There's usually a brokerage fee (it's small) but the FA can put it with any bank that's offering. It allows you to get the best CD rate out there instead of shopping bank to bank yourself.

Close -

Brokered CDs are sent to broker dealers from Banks looking to raise capital outside of their market areas. The brokers have access to dozens of names with varying lengths of time and rates.
txaggie_08
AG
ProgN said:

fightintxag13 said:

Why would you buy a CD when you can buy treasuries like this:

6 mo 4.97%
1 yr 4.60%
2 yr 3.70%

You could ladder those for a good chunk of money at much lower fees. JMO

Because available CDs beat every one of those rates you just listed? And Schwab doesn't charge fees. Best Rates Schwab is currently showing for each Term CD.
ProgN
That's cool, I don't look at CDs so I was wrong.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
There you go chaps
yocod
AG
I think that was me. Never saw an answer, but ended up getting a 3-month CD at Fidelity at 5.05%, and a 6-month CD for the same rate. I do not believe there were any fees, though if you buy a secondary-market CD, I think there are.

As far as I can tell, the upside to brokered CDs is wider range of offerings, and ease in completing the transaction. Plus, the option to sell the CD on the secondary market if you really needed to.

However, it also seems like any cash sitting in the Fidelity account earns decent interest. And now you have things like Apple Savings and Marcus, which offer pretty decent rates for money that is just sitting (though who knows how long the rates will stay at those levels).

For me personally, the brokered CD seemed like a good option. It's cash that I don't necessarily want to invest right now, but maybe I will later in the year. And it certainly isn't going to earn any interest in my checking account at Wells...

Saltyag15
AG
AMD....go home, you're drunk!
Talon2DSO
AG
That was unexpected
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
4080 would be my long trigger on SPX.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Wow i bought 2 tfc 26 strike friday puts yesterday morning for .15, sold one this morning for .25 and the other just now for .62. Wish i could do that at scale! They will probably go under tonight
FTAG 2000
AG
Had my first ten bagger in a while today. NNOX 8/18 $20 Calls.

Neat.
Boy Named Sue
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Boy Named Sue said:

Boy Named Sue said:

VLO posted a monster beat. The crack spreads were telling us they would. The share price performance was telling the opposite. I guess XOM isn't the only O&G stock with a target on it's back by this Administration and their buddies. Go VLO!
Why the heck is the stock down today?

VLO Friday $117 calls are .95. May take the plunge there
Seasonality, VLO performs in the summer months, so if you have a negative and want to wait it out, seasonality is on yur side.

As for the reaction today, don't know. As I said yesterday, this is weird for VLO or a major refiner. This stock should be rocketing. Crack spreads couldn't be better and they'll improve from here. ..... What's up is down and what's down is ....

I have no answers.
I think the answer is it's all contrived. MMs control 80% and they know this administration hates fossil fuels. VLO's P/E and forecast indicate it's a really good buy right now. But perception of the hedge funds means more than fundamentals

Bottom line, I'm not playing options on any refiners until we have a new administration, or crude looks like it'll drop into the $60's
Bullish or Bearish, I don't care. Jotato is allowing me bank. However, it all changes when an Administration (R/D/L) is hurting us with policies that are insanity. I do not like what is taking place in this country regardless of my account balance. Making money while some jackwagon is burning the house that allows me to make this money is not good.

"IF" we get a new party in the Whitehouse and it happens to be an "R", you'll want to short O&G.

Crude in the $60's,...I'm thinking maybe 2025. Demand is up. O&G Cap investment for last 3 years was not enough to keep up with basic demand. Not sure how people/goods/services are going to get from Point A to Point B without fossil fuel. The drama about a recession dropping oil prices,....okay,...we'll see..
Well, my friend, crude dropped into the 60's this week. Refiners will benefit if it dips some more, but I'm still not a buyer yet. April is a flux time of year for them, I think, and May-July should obviously be much better. Upstream will suffer a bit, depending on their nat gas and NGL ratios and their prices.

Crude could easily climb out soon, of course. I suspect it will be above $70 soon, maybe even tomorrow
Boy Named Sue
AG
May be a learning opportunity here with the KVUE IPO. Anybody have thoughts on playing IPOs in general, or that one specifically?
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Boy Named Sue said:

May be a learning opportunity here with the KVUE IPO. Anybody have thoughts on playing IPOs in general, or that one specifically?

I've only played one IPO. Too many big backers in the pot on a IPO for me to have sound advice.

I stay away, but if you're feeling dirty take a stab at it.
FTAG 2000
AG
Boy Named Sue said:

That's a tough one.

Normal IPOs, I'd say give it a few weeks, watch the chart on the daily, and when it puts in a top, either short it or buy puts.

That's such a unique one though, you're basically talking about a company that's a cutout from Johnson and Johnson, which some pretty healthy household staples like Tylenol and Band-Aid.

irish pete ag06
AG
cgh1999 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

fightintxag13 said:

Close -

Brokered CDs are sent to broker dealers from Banks looking to raise capital outside of their market areas. The brokers have access to dozens of names with varying lengths of time and rates.
Yeah your answer is much more sophisticated than mine. I didn't explain that very well.
Boy Named Sue
AG
And J&J owns 90% of the stock. Hard to see it being very volatile. Might be a candidate for the IRA?
Dirt 05
AG
Some, not sure if all, banks will let you borrow against a CD directly issued by them, while they wouldn't do that with a brokered CD.

Also with regards to what happens to a CD at a bank that fails - in the case of First Republic it looks like JPM is going to honor all interest accrued through April 30th and then TBD what happens with the terms from there, but JPM holds the deposit now.
https://www.fdic.gov/resources/resolutions/bank-failures/failed-bank-list/first-republic-faq.html
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Boy Named Sue said:

Boy Named Sue said:

Boy Named Sue said:

VLO posted a monster beat. The crack spreads were telling us they would. The share price performance was telling the opposite. I guess XOM isn't the only O&G stock with a target on it's back by this Administration and their buddies. Go VLO!
Why the heck is the stock down today?

VLO Friday $117 calls are .95. May take the plunge there
Seasonality, VLO performs in the summer months, so if you have a negative and want to wait it out, seasonality is on yur side.

As for the reaction today, don't know. As I said yesterday, this is weird for VLO or a major refiner. This stock should be rocketing. Crack spreads couldn't be better and they'll improve from here. ..... What's up is down and what's down is ....

I have no answers.
I think the answer is it's all contrived. MMs control 80% and they know this administration hates fossil fuels. VLO's P/E and forecast indicate it's a really good buy right now. But perception of the hedge funds means more than fundamentals

Bottom line, I'm not playing options on any refiners until we have a new administration, or crude looks like it'll drop into the $60's
Bullish or Bearish, I don't care. Jotato is allowing me bank. However, it all changes when an Administration (R/D/L) is hurting us with policies that are insanity. I do not like what is taking place in this country regardless of my account balance. Making money while some jackwagon is burning the house that allows me to make this money is not good.

"IF" we get a new party in the Whitehouse and it happens to be an "R", you'll want to short O&G.

Crude in the $60's,...I'm thinking maybe 2025. Demand is up. O&G Cap investment for last 3 years was not enough to keep up with basic demand. Not sure how people/goods/services are going to get from Point A to Point B without fossil fuel. The drama about a recession dropping oil prices,....okay,...we'll see..
Well, my friend, crude dropped into the 60's this week. Refiners will benefit if it dips some more, but I'm still not a buyer yet. April is a flux time of year for them, I think, and May-July should obviously be much better. Upstream will suffer a bit, depending on their nat gas and NGL ratios and their prices.

Crude could easily climb out soon, of course. I suspect it will be above $70 soon, maybe even tomorrow
Yeah, dadgum, it hit $60's well before my target. Jotato is one smart cat. Not. The info articles below are good reads if you're not on top of the current fundamentals. Both are worth your time. I guess prices will finally go up when the bottom of the barrel can be seen. .... That pesky recession has got to be hiding around here somewhere.
>
>
>
"Why Oil Prices Are Plunging Despite Falling Inventories"

Good read on Oil Price

Quote:

But StanChart has predicted that the OPEC+ cuts will eventually eliminate the surplus that had built up in the global oil markets. According to the analysts, a large oil surplus started building in late 2022 and spilled over into the first quarter of the current year. The analysts estimate that current oil inventories are 200 million barrels higher than at the start of 2022 and a good 268 million barrels higher than the June 2022 minimum.
If these analysts are correct...remind me again....just how much crude oil was released from the SPR in 2022? (That's a rhetorical question, I know the answer and everyone should too.) .... The Administration,...but, but, but,....we have so much crude that we have to release more.

Just know this, that SPR artificial supply eventually goes away. O&G capital spending was absent for 3 years. Really doesn't matter if the manipulators take WTI & Brent to ZERO. It will be $100 before August, because the same analysts above say the surplus is gone by November. OPEC will not wait until November. Production cuts are coming. There never was a glut of crude, but the coming shortage of crude is going to be a doozy!

vvvvvvv Next vvvvvv

Huge Volumes Of Crude Oil Are Headed To China
By Tsvetana Paraskova - May 04, 2023, 9:00 AM CDT

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Huge-Volumes-Of-Crude-Oil-Are-Headed-To-China.html

I added XOM shares all the way down and haven't stopped.

GL

FTAG 2000
AG
Boy Named Sue said:

And J&J owns 90% of the stock. Hard to see it being very volatile. Might be a candidate for the IRA?
Good point and good idea too.

First Page Last Page
Page 6103 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.