Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,173,839 Views | 232066 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Heineken-Ashi
Boy Named Sue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Golf1 said:

At this rate SPY is going to be hitting $400 by end of day. Doesn't seem to want to pull back at all.
393 was the peak on Friday. I bought 393Cs this morning. Can't decide whether to take profits or see what happens
irish pete ag06
AG
Even with the gap up and big green, we still have yet to overtake the 8 EMA on the daily. We are still very clearly in a downtrend until we aren't.

AgShaun00
AG
I think I know the answer to this, but I bought SBNY puts Friday and it is permanent halt. I am screwed right?
FTAG 2000
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Even with the gap up and big green, we still have yet to overtake the 8 EMA on the daily. We are still very clearly in a downtrend until we aren't.

Which EMA study are you using?

I'm using the adaptive in ThinkorSwim, it's showing slightly different than yours - shows we have crossed back above the 8 day.

wanderer
OA, thoughts on METAs explosion move today?
oldarmy1
AG
wanderer said:

OA, thoughts on METAs explosion move today?

I might roll out Puts to May. Shorts got crushed in the macro momentum move. I want all my Puts eventually to be late May/early June for the "go away in May" selling.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Meta announced more job cuts.
Jet Black
FJ43 said:

Evening Gents!

Well….could have bought a boat if I held onto those VIX calls just a tad bit longer. All I get is a new Stetson hat and a nice steak dinner. My bad. But at least Mrs FJ can eat a steak this weekend.

Exited SPY puts with the opening push down. Solid trade.

Missed the VIX puts by a cent with a 'drive-buy' but thats what I get for drive trading.

Tried to take SPY long for the bounce and missed that too. Again drive-buy' trade.

Bought DNN at 1.04 today.

Sat on hands rest of the day. Most likely I will lotto trade Friday and Try to make some spending money.

Hope y'all killed it today.

What are your thoughts on DNN?
FTAG 2000
AG
Jet Black said:

FJ43 said:

Evening Gents!

Well….could have bought a boat if I held onto those VIX calls just a tad bit longer. All I get is a new Stetson hat and a nice steak dinner. My bad. But at least Mrs FJ can eat a steak this weekend.

Missed the VIX puts by a cent with a 'drive-buy' but thats what I get for drive trading.

Tried to take SPY long for the bounce and missed that too. Again drive-buy' trade.

Sat on hands rest of the day. Most likely I will lotto trade Friday and Try to make some spending money.

I don't think the calculus on DNN has changed since first brought to the board (may have been FJ who first did).

It basically oscillates in a multi-year darvis box.

Buy in the $1-$1.10 window, sell when it gets up to the $1.30-1.4 area.

Rinse, repeat.
Dan Scott
AG
Hard rejection of 200MA and News of us drone taking down Russian fighter jetl
Golf1
AG
Sold the puts way too early
jimmo
WAL halted.
FTAG 2000
AG
That Russia vs. US drone news sure smacked the market in the face.
not hedge
And here we go…
WestTexAg12
AG
Just my luck. Had a quick scalp of a bounce back in place and ****ing news kills it.
I hate news markets.
oldarmy1
AG
KRE spider for regional banks. Bought puts. Think more incoming

Went Mar 31 $42
Jet Black
FTAG 2000 said:

Jet Black said:

FJ43 said:

Evening Gents!

I don't think the calculus on DNN has changed since first brought to the board (may have been FJ who first did).

It basically oscillates in a multi-year darvis box.

Buy in the $1-$1.10 window, sell when it gets up to the $1.30-1.4 area.

Rinse, repeat.

Thanks
FTAG 2000
AG
310 million shares of Schwab traded in last three days.
oldarmy1
AG

Markets are sideways into the Fed. Count on it, unless another major blow up occurs. And even that might only take us to the bottom of the box, since Mommy Fed is bailing everyone out. Zero consequence financials. Must be nice!

FTAG 2000
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Markets are sideways into the Fed. Count on it, unless another major blow up occurs. And even that might only take us to the bottom of the box, since Mommy Fed is bailing everyone out. Zero consequence financials. Must be nice!

Talking next week Fed (interest rate discussion)?
oldarmy1
AG
Yes.....just like last time. Chop in the box into Fed and then a directional move. Mark the levels and trade the high/low with more volume.
Golf1
AG
Pretty crazy move to end the day. Hope y'all had some lottos go y'all's way!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Need more days like today.

Boy Named Sue
AG
Wish you'd been posting!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Boy Named Sue said:

Wish you'd been posting!

I couldn't and my job is getting busier so my windows are getting smaller.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
API Numbers

Crude = +1.1M
Gas = -4.6M
Distill = -2.9M
Cushing = -1.0M

Draw of 7.4M

EIA tomorrow

Don't fall for the crude manipulation.

IMO, we are headed for the same run in energy that we had last year going into this time. However, this time, JB doesn't have the SPR backstop to flood the market with lower prices at the pump.

GLTA
Philip J Fry
AG
What's your take on the natgas side? I was waiting for it to dip back towards 2 dollars and ride it back to 3-4.
BaylorSpineGuy
Nice word from Icahn. Challenging times indeed.

I have said now for a while that inflation is a cancer to an economy - nice to hear similar sentiment from Icahn. Interest rate hikes are the chemotherapy, and whatever breaks (bank failures, job losses, price re-valuations, etc.) is the side effect of the chemotherapy.

Unfortunately, austerity measures are also likely needed at the federal level, but there doesn't seem to be enough IQ or political willpower - not sure which - to get that done.
Dies Irae
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Nice word from Icahn. Challenging times indeed.

I have said now for a while that inflation is a cancer to an economy - nice to hear similar sentiment from Icahn. Interest rate hikes are the chemotherapy, and whatever breaks (bank failures, job losses, price re-valuations, etc.) is the side effect of the chemotherapy.

Unfortunately, austerity measures are also likely needed at the federal level, but there doesn't seem to be enough IQ or political willpower - not sure which - to get that done.

Yeah, unfortunately sometimes someone gets so sick that chemotherapy will kill them painfully, so they go into hospice, where they die slightly later, and are in comfort until the end
FJ43
Jet Black said:

FJ43 said:

Evening Gents!

FTAG2000 nailed it. It's a easily trade-able stock in a Darvas Box. It's at the bottom of it so the RR is solid as long as you can manage the trade and have the discipline to cut.

Considering RR is about 1-2 minimum to 1-5.

Similar to CIDM for these little guys. Over the years I've made a crap ton on these just trading the Darvas. I used to go net free on a % at a time but I switched to taking gains on these.

Here's the rough box off of a phone and fat finger chart. Ballpark SRs shown.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Well done!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
FJ43 said:

Closed back in the box. Keep an eye on.

This moved 5+% today.

FJ43
FJ43 said:

This is an easy Darvas Box trade boys……

This is getting close for me. I'll be a buyer at 44 and double my position at 40

FJ43
FJ43 said:

Don't know where this one is going but keep an eye on. Closes above 19 and this could make the next leg.

Maybe set some alerts.

$AMAT

This moved almost 4% today. I didn't action. Want to see tomorrow. Closed above 119 but let's see.

FJ43
I'm just sayin…..

Be careful Gents…..

First Page Last Page
Page 6024 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.