Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,981,653 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Heineken-Ashi
djmeen95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wanderer said:

southernskies
Everybody selling so now is the time to buy right?
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Maybe they go back to IDR for that $1.36/share?
FJ43
Charismatic Megafauna said:

FJ43 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

I want to see this happen and VIX crush down into the mid to low 18s or even 17s. I will be a buyer on calls out 45-60 days as a trade.

We buying vxx calls yet?

I started scaling in for April monthly today.

I vote tomorrow is a sell..ish day. Probably just a backtest but not expecting more move up.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Looking back on it, I probably shouldn't be sad about paperhanding NVDA and taking a stop on META.
FTAG 2000
AG
FJ43 said:

FJ43 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

I want to see this happen and VIX crush down into the mid to low 18s or even 17s. I will be a buyer on calls out 45-60 days as a trade.

We buying vxx calls yet?

I started scaling in for April monthly today.

I vote tomorrow is a sell..ish day. Probably just a backtest but not expecting more move up.

What calls are you grabbing?
FJ43
April 24c. Look at 20 or 22s though.

Also I'm on VIX calls. Not VXX.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Cookiemonster64
Forgive my ignorance, but what does this mean? Is it a service or are you just asking if anyone is watching large option orders ??
lobwedgephil
Looking into ICT again?
valverde03
AG
cjo03 said:

TxAgLaw03RW said:

WWR news:

Arbitration award was issued last Friday in the dispute with Turkey, but can't find any details about the award. Looks like the case stems from WWR's acquisition of a company with uranium mining rights in Turkey.

https://icsid.worldbank.org/cases/case-database/case-detail?CaseNo=ARB/18/46

Also, they have their 2022 year end conference call tomorrow morning at 8:30.

10-K filing: https://fintel.io/doc/sec-wes****er-resources-inc-839470-10k-2023-march-06-19422-6288

Quote:

LIQUIDITY AND GOING CONCERN
The Consolidated Financial Statements of the Company have been prepared on a "going concern" basis, which means that the continuation of the Company is presumed even though events and conditions exist that, when considered in the aggregate, raise substantial doubt about the Company's ability to continue as a going concern because it is possible that the Company will be required to adversely change its current business plan or may be unable to meet its obligations as they become due within one year after the date that these financial statements were issued.

Management considered the following events and conditions in its going concern analysis. The Company last recorded revenues from operations in 2009. Since 2009, the Company has relied on equity financings, debt financings and asset sales to fund its operations. During the year ended December 31, 2022, and through the date the consolidated financial statements are issued, the Company continued construction activities related to the Kellyton Graphite Plant. The Company's construction related contracts include termination provisions at the Company's election that do not obligate the Company to make payments beyond what is incurred by the third-party service provider through the date of such termination. In its going concern analysis, the Company considered the construction activity and related costs through the date the consolidated financial statements are issued, and the Company's planned non-discretionary expenditures through March 31, 2024, which combined exceed the cash on hand as of the date of these consolidated financial statements, excluding external funding opportunities and the Company's current equity facilities.

At December 31, 2022 the Company's cash balances were $75.2 million, inclusive of approximately 5.0 million Euros. During the year ended December 31, 2022, the Company sold approximately 13.0 million shares of common stock for net proceeds of $25.9 million pursuant to the ATM Offering Agreement. As of December 31, 2022, the Company has $20.8 million remaining available for future sales under the ATM Offering Agreement and has 9.7 million shares of common stock available for future sales pursuant to the 2020 Lincoln Park PA.

The Company has historically and expects to rely on debt and equity financing to fund its operations and business plan until operations commence at the Kellyton Graphite Plant. Along with evaluating the continued use of the ATM Offering Agreement and the 2020 Lincoln Park PA, the Company is considering other forms of project financing to fund the construction of the Kellyton Graphite Plant, including both Phase I and Phase II. The alternative sources of project financing could include, but are not limited to, project debt, convertible debt, or pursuing a partnership or joint venture. If funds are not available to fund the construction of Phase I of the Kellyton Graphite Plant under the Company's financing facilities or through alternative financing sources, the Company may be required to reduce or severely curtail operations, change its planned business development strategies related to the Coosa Graphite Deposit and Phase I of the Kellyton Graphite Plant, alter the construction and commissioning timeline of Phase I of the Kellyton Graphite Plant, or put the construction of Phase I on hold until additional funding is obtained. If the Company is required to abandon construction and development or alter its intended long-term plans related the Kellyton Graphite Plant, the Company could be required to evaluate the recoverability of its long-lived assets.

While the Company has utilized its equity facilities to advance its business plan and has been successful in the past raising funds through equity and debt financings as well as through the sale of non-core assets, no assurance can be given that additional financing will be available in amounts sufficient to meet its needs, or on terms acceptable to the Company. Recent declines in the equity and debt capital markets, rising interest rates, inflation and generally uncertain economic conditions could significantly impact the Company's ability to access the necessary funding to advance its business plan. Further, given the recent decline in the Company's stock price, trading volume, and the decline in the equity markets, the Company's access to the available capacity on its equity financing facilities may be limited to one-third of its public float.

When considering the above events and conditions in the aggregate, the Company believes such events and conditions raise substantial doubt about its ability to continue as a going concern within one year after the date that these financial statements were issued.

certainly doesn't sound like we will be buying any maroon yacht's any time soon.

This disclosure has been in their prior 10-Ks, but now they have an EOM from Moss Adams. Their hands are tied on this stuff…have to call attention to the lack of liquidity to fund the capex budget for the coming year. But this isn't news…

There is more to this story…book value is almost $3 per share and they told ISR to EAD with a 40% premium offer. The BOD believes there is more value here, or they would shut off the lights and call it a day.

I'm not saying it's in buy zone, but no need to assume anything has changed from this release.

I watch this thread, but can't post much. If anyone has questions over financial reporting or anything an audit partner can answer, I'll try to respond as soon as I can.
cjo03
AG
valverde03 said:

cjo03 said:

TxAgLaw03RW said:

WWR news:

Arbitration award was issued last Friday in the dispute with Turkey, but can't find any details about the award. Looks like the case stems from WWR's acquisition of a company with uranium mining rights in Turkey.

https://icsid.worldbank.org/cases/case-database/case-detail?CaseNo=ARB/18/46

Also, they have their 2022 year end conference call tomorrow morning at 8:30.

10-K filing: https://fintel.io/doc/sec-wes****er-resources-inc-839470-10k-2023-march-06-19422-6288

Quote:

LIQUIDITY AND GOING CONCERN
The Consolidated Financial Statements of the Company have been prepared on a "going concern" basis, which means that the continuation of the Company is presumed even though events and conditions exist that, when considered in the aggregate, raise substantial doubt about the Company's ability to continue as a going concern because it is possible that the Company will be required to adversely change its current business plan or may be unable to meet its obligations as they become due within one year after the date that these financial statements were issued.

Management considered the following events and conditions in its going concern analysis. The Company last recorded revenues from operations in 2009. Since 2009, the Company has relied on equity financings, debt financings and asset sales to fund its operations. During the year ended December 31, 2022, and through the date the consolidated financial statements are issued, the Company continued construction activities related to the Kellyton Graphite Plant. The Company's construction related contracts include termination provisions at the Company's election that do not obligate the Company to make payments beyond what is incurred by the third-party service provider through the date of such termination. In its going concern analysis, the Company considered the construction activity and related costs through the date the consolidated financial statements are issued, and the Company's planned non-discretionary expenditures through March 31, 2024, which combined exceed the cash on hand as of the date of these consolidated financial statements, excluding external funding opportunities and the Company's current equity facilities.

At December 31, 2022 the Company's cash balances were $75.2 million, inclusive of approximately 5.0 million Euros. During the year ended December 31, 2022, the Company sold approximately 13.0 million shares of common stock for net proceeds of $25.9 million pursuant to the ATM Offering Agreement. As of December 31, 2022, the Company has $20.8 million remaining available for future sales under the ATM Offering Agreement and has 9.7 million shares of common stock available for future sales pursuant to the 2020 Lincoln Park PA.

The Company has historically and expects to rely on debt and equity financing to fund its operations and business plan until operations commence at the Kellyton Graphite Plant. Along with evaluating the continued use of the ATM Offering Agreement and the 2020 Lincoln Park PA, the Company is considering other forms of project financing to fund the construction of the Kellyton Graphite Plant, including both Phase I and Phase II. The alternative sources of project financing could include, but are not limited to, project debt, convertible debt, or pursuing a partnership or joint venture. If funds are not available to fund the construction of Phase I of the Kellyton Graphite Plant under the Company's financing facilities or through alternative financing sources, the Company may be required to reduce or severely curtail operations, change its planned business development strategies related to the Coosa Graphite Deposit and Phase I of the Kellyton Graphite Plant, alter the construction and commissioning timeline of Phase I of the Kellyton Graphite Plant, or put the construction of Phase I on hold until additional funding is obtained. If the Company is required to abandon construction and development or alter its intended long-term plans related the Kellyton Graphite Plant, the Company could be required to evaluate the recoverability of its long-lived assets.

While the Company has utilized its equity facilities to advance its business plan and has been successful in the past raising funds through equity and debt financings as well as through the sale of non-core assets, no assurance can be given that additional financing will be available in amounts sufficient to meet its needs, or on terms acceptable to the Company. Recent declines in the equity and debt capital markets, rising interest rates, inflation and generally uncertain economic conditions could significantly impact the Company's ability to access the necessary funding to advance its business plan. Further, given the recent decline in the Company's stock price, trading volume, and the decline in the equity markets, the Company's access to the available capacity on its equity financing facilities may be limited to one-third of its public float.

When considering the above events and conditions in the aggregate, the Company believes such events and conditions raise substantial doubt about its ability to continue as a going concern within one year after the date that these financial statements were issued.

certainly doesn't sound like we will be buying any maroon yacht's any time soon.

This disclosure has been in their prior 10-Ks, but now they have an EOM from Moss Adams. Their hands are tied on this stuff…have to call attention to the lack of liquidity to fund the capex budget for the coming year. But this isn't news…

There is more to this story…book value is almost $3 per share and they told ISR to EAD with a 40% premium offer. The BOD believes there is more value here, or they would shut off the lights and call it a day.

I'm not saying it's in buy zone, but no need to assume anything has changed from this release.

I watch this thread, but can't post much. If anyone has questions over financial reporting or anything an audit partner can answer, I'll try to respond as soon as I can.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
lobwedgephil said:

Looking into ICT again?

Yes, I find it fascinating to learn the different methods. Always looking for edge.
SoTXAg09
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

lobwedgephil said:

Looking into ICT again?

Yes, I find it fascinating to learn the different methods. Always looking for edge.

He's a different dude, but Tic is a huge order flow guy. And really freaking good at his levels, imo.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Have a buddy that grew up AL. His contacts/local's on the ground in Coosa County, AL either have worked at the WWR project site or some who are closely acquainted with it, all say the project is going through. All very positive about WWR. Those locals continue to invest in WWR too. Most impactful comment from one local is, the Gov has too much State money invested and at-risk in this project to allow it to fail. FWIW. I guess we'll see..
FJ43
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Have a buddy that grew up AL. His contacts/local's on the ground in Coosa County, AL either have worked at the WWR project site or some who are closely acquainted with it, all say the project is going through. All very positive about WWR. Those locals continue to invest in WWR too. Most impactful comment from one local is, the Gov has too much State money invested and at-risk in this project to allow it to fail. FWIW. I guess we'll see..

Good update Farmer.

I have no doubt you just reached the pinnacle of posts for this board.

I pass within 25-30 minutes if their site 2X a week. When it's gets a little closer to operational I'll do some drive by pics.

TxAgLaw03RW
AG
A little more from the press release they put out this morning:

https://wes****erresources.net/news-releases/2023/03/07/wes****er-resources-announces-fy-2022-results-and-significant-strategic-operational-and-financial-updates/

Forgot the filter messes up the link. It's on their website under the investor tab.
Nagler
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

A little more from the press release they put out this morning:

https://wes****erresources.net/news-releases/2023/03/07/wes****er-resources-announces-fy-2022-results-and-significant-strategic-operational-and-financial-updates/

Wes Tw@ter Resources? It's all starting to make sense.
Talon2DSO
AG
Quote:

WES****ER RESOURCES ANNOUNCES FY 2022 RESULTS AND SIGNIFICANT STRATEGIC, OPERATIONAL AND FINANCIAL UPDATES
Mar 7, 2023

AGREEMENT WITH GLOBAL ELECTRIC VEHICLE BATTERY MANUFACTURER
ANNOUNCES INCREASED THROUGHPUT AND SIGNIFICANTLY ENHANCED PROJECT ECONOMICS FOR KELLYTON GRAPHITE PROCESSING PLANT
$150 MILLION NON-BINDING TERM SHEET FOR PRIVATE DEBT THAT WOULD FUND THE BALANCE OF PHASE I CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS
Centennial, CO March 7, 2023: Wes****er Resources, Inc. (NYSE American: WWR) an energy technology and battery-grade natural graphite development company, is pleased to announce its year-end 2022 results and provide various strategic, operational and financial updates.

AGREEMENT WITH EV BATTERY MANUFACTURER
Wes****er Resources has entered into an agreement with a Tier 1 battery manufacturer for electric vehicles. Under the agreement, the parties will work together to ensure that the Coated Spherical Purified Graphite ("CSPG") that is expected to be produced at the Kellyton Graphite Processing Plant can be used as a high-performance anode material for the customer's batteries. Subject to those efforts, the parties expect to negotiate another agreement that will allow for the sale of potentially all graphite anode material from the Kellyton Graphite Processing Plant for those batteries.

"Following the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act, many battery manufacturers have sought to secure North American anode material. We are pleased to be part of that solution and believe this agreement is a significant step in the process," said Terence Cryan, Wes****er's Executive Chairman. "We are excited by the continued progress being made in our engagement with potential customers, and this agreement, and are anticipating making a joint announcement with our partner later this month. At that time, we expect to be in position to provide further details."

Quote:

OPTIMIZED DFS TO INCREASE THROUGHPUT AND SIGNIFICANTLY ENHANCE PROJECT ECONOMICS FOR KELLYTON GRAPHITE PROCESSING PLANT
In response to increasing customer demand and strong market conditions for CSPG, the Company is also announcing that it has optimized the original Definitive Feasibility Study ("DFS") to increase the expected throughput for Phase I of the Kellyton Graphite Plant which also results in associated capital and operating efficiencies. As a result of this work with our third-party engineering firm, the Company is more than doubling its expected CSPG production in Phase I resulting in a significant enhancement to the estimated economics of Phase I of the Kellyton Graphite Plant compared to the original DFS.

The Company now expects the total Phase I capital requirements for the Kellyton Graphite Plant to be approximately $271 million, resulting in:

More than doubling the expected annual production of CSPG to 7,500 metric tons and total annual production across all products to 16,000 metric tons.
More than tripling the expected pre-tax net present value ("NPV") to approximately $417 million (at an 8% discount rate).
Nearly tripling the total estimated cumulative pre-tax cash flows to $1.9 billion over a project life of 35-years.
Increasing the Phase I estimated internal rate of return ("IRR"), on a pre-tax basis, from 15.0% to 24.7%, a 65% increase.
The Company also is increasing the planned production capacity for its Phase II expansion of the Kellyton Graphite Plant. Prepared at a pre-feasibility level, the Phase II expansion is subject to its own DFS and securing the necessary funding.

Estimated capital costs for both Phase I and Phase II are estimated to be $736 million.
More than doubling the expected annual production of CSPG to 40,500 metric tons and total annual production across all products to 86,500 metric tons.
Nearly tripling the expected pre-tax NPV to approximately $2.2 billion (at an 8% discount rate).
Total estimated cumulative pre-tax cash flows to increase by a factor of nearly three to $10.3 billion over a project life of 35-years.
Increasing the estimated IRR, on a pre-tax basis, from 20.5% to approximately 36.3%, a 77% increase.

Quote:

"Great work by the Wes****er team has resulted in significant improvements to the project economics for the Kellyton Graphite Plant," said Frank Bakker, President and CEO. "We expect to begin testing and commissioning at the Plant in late 2023, and first production from Phase I is expected in the first half of 2024, subject to closing on the additional funding needed to complete construction. Additionally, we expect to complete the Phase I optimization in the second half of 2024. We believe that increasing our production capacity will allow us to position Wes****er to play a more significant role in the domestic battery-grade graphite market."

CONSTRUCTION FINANCING UPDATE
Wes****er is also announcing today that it has signed a non-binding, non-exclusive indicative term sheet for $150 million of private debt, which would cover the balance of the Phase I capital requirements and is targeting to close in the second quarter.

"We finished the year with a cash balance of $75.2 million and a working capital balance of $51.0 million" said Steve Cates, CFO and SVP-Finance. "Since beginning construction of Phase I of the Kellyton graphite plant in the fourth quarter of 2021, we have incurred approximately $76.4 million of costs, which is comprised of $55.3 million in cash outflows and the remainder included in the Company's working capital liabilities as of December 31, 2022."

Quote:

first production from Phase I is expected in the first half of 2024, subject to closing on the additional funding needed to complete construction. Additionally, we expect to complete the Phase I optimization in the second half of 2024. We believe that increasing our production capacity will allow us to position Wes****er to play a more significant role in the domestic battery-grade graphite market."

CONSTRUCTION FINANCING UPDATE
Wes****er is also announcing today that it has signed a non-binding, non-exclusive indicative term sheet for $150 million of private debt, which would cover the balance of the Phase I capital requirements and is targeting to close in the second quarter.

"We finished the year with a cash balance of $75.2 million and a working capital balance of $51.0 million" said Steve Cates, CFO and SVP-Finance. "Since beginning construction of Phase I of the Kellyton graphite plant in the fourth quarter of 2021, we have incurred approximately $76.4 million of costs, which is comprised of $55.3 million in cash outflows and the remainder included in the Company's working capital liabilities as of December 31, 2022."

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
XOM CEO Woods coming up on CNBC very soon if you're interested.
Carioca Corredor
AG
Yessir!

Hoping for a flash uptick in XOM while he's being showcased
D-Fens
WWR to announce EV battery partner later this month. Better come in March. He could have said "next few months" to either surprise or meet expectations if lawyers drag feet.
D-Fens
In Q/A WWR mentioned they are looking to finalize financing a loan with one or more I-banks. So hopefully that means no dilution. On other hand, they are disappointed in the arbitration outcome.
GreasenUSA
AG
Keep in mind, we have Powell in front of Congress today and tomorrow starting at the top of the hour. Could be some erratic moves.
ProgN
FJ43 said:

I pass within 25-30 minutes if their site 2X a week. When it's gets a little closer to operational I'll do some drive by pics.
ProgN
JPow just come out in full drag or what? I look up and huge red candle.

ETA:
Fed Chair Powell says interest rates are 'likely to be higher' than previously anticipated (cnbc.com)
bmoochie
AG
Fade the first move??
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
bmoochie said:

Fade the first move??
I'm not. I am going to watch.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
ProgN said:

FJ43 said:

Golf1
AG
I'm not sure if this is a "fade the first move" play. I'm also trying to figure that out but I can see a sell off continue.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I will give this an hour or more to digest, I think. What Powell said is not what was expected.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG

Jpow speaking tomorrow and wed, swangin a couple puts

Well now. I was expecting a 4050 touch, that was a pleasant surprise. They tried their hardest to crush iv leading into it...
ProgN
Definitely Not A Cop said:

ProgN said:

FJ43 said:

I loved this movie.
GreasenUSA
AG
Well I missed the move. Was planning to wait to see if the market settled into a rhythm today, but nearly a 1% move on the first statement probably means I'm doing nothing today.
Golf1
AG
Still feel like we will be making new lows by the end of the day. I feel like there will be a sell off when this ends.
Spoony Love
AG
Me too. Picked up a 395P for tomorrow and I am betting it hits.

North Korea is saber rattling and China had some not nice words about the US.
First Page Last Page
Page 6008 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.