Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,982,300 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Heineken-Ashi
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great job!
FJ43
I love seeing posters that typically lurk here chime in how this board helps them.

Greatest thread on TA by far.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

ProgN
FWIW, I've heard this rumor mentioned by more than one pundit and it's rumored that NVDA will replace INTC in the DJIA due to the growth in AI and INTC being behind the times. I'm not suggesting anyone chase it or try to time it because it's due a cooling off. However, if it does pullback, it does give me more comfort knowing this chatter is being thrown about.
59 South
AG
Saw a couple tweets yesterday from damn good traders that caught my eye

59 South
AG
Had some time to reflect on the last 2 days and understand what I got right and what I got wrong.

Last year around August I decided to open a small account and try to day trade SPX (mostly) short term options (0-3 DTE) to see if I could do it when I had time. I've varied from being able to try it 3 or 4 days a week to no trades for several months when I'm too busy. 1-2 trades per day max.

2022 trades were all over the place from being trapped and losing 100% to 2-3x and everything in between. Feast or famine with overall performance where the account was down about 50% overall with the strategy. 26 total trades where 5 of them lost 10%+ of the account (3 of which lost 20%). 3 trades went 10%+ and none went 20%+

2023 goal was simple - less emotion, no getting trapped, small losers, bigger winners. So far this year account is +50% with 6(!) total trades - 3 winners & 3 losers. Now I need to stay consistent. Anyways, TLDR I know.

Below is last 2 days SPX 5 minute chart with my simple indicators. My 2 go to are 8/21 EMA + 50/200 SMA and falling/rising wedge & channel.

On the chart, 1 was my entry yesterday, 2 was where I got stopped (doh!) and 3 is the move I caught. 1 & 2 trade was a $250 loss. 3 was a $1850 gain. That has been my goal all along. So even though I missed a massive move Thursday, overall I am happy that I followed my new found rules.

The other thing I've noticed is using the 1 minute chart is very dangerous with lots of fake out moves. 5 minute is more reliable and creates more patience especially for entries (I remember our old friend Irish preaching this years ago but I didn't listen). 1 minute is way better for exits where you see a big exhaustion candle with volume spike that doesn't follow through, usually to support/resistance like yesterday late afternoon just under 3980.

On the 5 minute chart, note the bars circled in yellow. Each bottoming (or in 1 case bull flag) lasted at least 4 candles or 20+ minutes right before or at wedge/channel breakout. This is what FJ preaches about not trying to bottom tick but get the meat of the trade.

Sorry for the long post - hopefully some find it useful.

If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
lobwedgephil
This will go over well.

Boy Named Sue
AG
lobwedgephil said:

This will go over well.

Then there's this:

Bonfire1996
AG
I don't understand.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Obviously, oil and natural gas prices and related stonks are going to go up or down (possibly both) in the short, medium, and long term. They may even stay flat
SF2004
AG

Looking at this Tesla Daily. Wouldn't this roll over signal a retrace and be ripe for some puts or selling calls?

Looks to be headed towards the model T on the daily.

lobwedgephil
No coincidence where we went down to, or where we closed.

Philip J Fry
AG
3rd weekend in a row where the short ETFs are at the top of my buy list. I've been working hard on some fancier scripting. Hoping to have something working next week to share.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

perma Brew doomster said:

Dan Scott said:

Today we've tested the 200MA on SPY and QQQ. Looking back, anytime the 200 tested but not broken after prolonged period above it, there is a big gap up the next day. This rule only failed once looking back to 2022 when SPY gapped below the 200 but rallied above it to end the day back in June 2020
Nice find!

Grabbed an atm spy call to swing. Let's do it!

Looks like we're gonna tag 400 premarket, I've got an order in to short at 399.99 then I'll buy an xsp call if we get a pullback in the first 30

Apparently i don't know how to do this. Tried to exercise my call and it wouldn't let me (maybe i can only do that during market hours? ), price pulled back to 399.65 so i went ahead and bought to cover (hey $34 is $34!), guess I'll sell the call at open
Edit2: 1.4>3.33 +$65 I'll take it!
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Looks like something might come from those VIX March $21 calls.

Also - those $110 XOM Weekly calls are looking good
Boy Named Sue
AG

Philip J Fry
AG
No BOIL love? Since I posted it was time to buy in to NATGAS, it's up 44%
idAg09
Philip J Fry said:

No BOIL love? Since I posted it was time to buy in to NATGAS, it's up 44%

Don't jinx it!!!
Golf1
AG
What did the fed say for this drop?
Spoony Love
AG
Probably something contradictory
MROD92
Where is everyone today?
MRod92
Philip J Fry
AG
Yeah, unusually slow day on here today.
BaylorSpineGuy
Remember when we called out LUMN a week or two back? We thought it was a deal at 3.90. Now under 3.40. Those '25 LEAPS are getting close. Solid red candle so far today but I imagine a reversal is close.
ProgN
Philip J Fry said:

Yeah, unusually slow day on here today.

I don't like how the market is acting so the best trade for me is to not trade.
Golf1
AG
I'm about to give back my winnings on the day by jumping in puts on spy 397 lottos
Carioca Corredor
AG
Saw that too earlier today. Placed a long order @3.36 then went to lunch and it filled
Carioca Corredor
AG
FJ43 said:

Manage the trade and know your risk. As you know I'm in as well. Don't hesitate to cut if you hit your trade plan levels.

I'll try and post as I go on this one. Meetings are way overrated but consuming my time so not able to check or post real time. Just looking for good setups at night and take fewer high probability trades.

But…they don't always work so risk management is key.
Sold FIGS calls today for 30% gain. Thx FJ43!
Boy Named Sue
AG
Golf1 said:

I'm about to give back my winnings on the day by jumping in puts on spy 397 lottos

Well damn, I'm holding some net free 399C runners that I had hoped might turn into something. Not looking like it though.
ProgN
If we go negative and tomorrow being the last day of the month, tomorrow's opening could be really ugly.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Tempted to grab some cvna puts before close
jbeck3487
AG
I made one trade today for a gain of 30%. I played NFLX puts off the 50dma rejection.
txaggieacct85
AG
jbeck3487 said:

I made one trade today for a gain of 30%. I played NFLX puts off the 50dma rejection.
30% of what?
BaylorSpineGuy
Times like this I wish I knew how to post gif's. I'm more of a boomer in that sense lol.

Looking for the $1 million dollars comment by Dr Evil :-(.

Prog…..where arrrrrrreeeeeee yoooouuuuuuu??
AgEng06
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Times like this I wish I knew how to post gif's. I'm more of a boomer in that sense lol.

I got you... (save Prog for the rally gifs)

BaylorSpineGuy
AgEng06 said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

I got you... (save Prog for the rally gifs)

Give a man a fish, teach a man to fish?!?
Boy Named Sue
AG
Just copy and paste the link. Try this one

First Page Last Page
Page 6001 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.