Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,982,576 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Heineken-Ashi
BaylorSpineGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TLT close to attractive here. Major support around $98-99. Buying those '25 LEAPS if it comes that low
FJ43
Buying FIGS March 10c. Patiently. If it loses the 21 I'll cut.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

insulator_king
AG
$ATLX Shot up today 28+%

Carioca Corredor
AG
Is $ATLX priced to accumulate shares long or trade for profits, rinse and repeat? My gain is at 14% overall and thinking of taking profits
Heineken-Ashi
BaylorSpineGuy said:

TLT close to attractive here. Major support around $98-99. Buying those '25 LEAPS if it comes that low
I like it too, but I'm going to wait for reversal since daily and weekly beer candles are solid trends down.

Daily oversold signals start to go off at $98 but weekly can stretch lower.

And right now, all trends in the bond markets are down on prices and up on rates with bearishness in the air. Until we get headwinds on that sentiment I'm sidelined.

But if you want my actual opinion instead of platitudes and hand waving, my bet is on TLT at $96 reversing back up between $115 and $120 likely taking 3-6 months to get there. That is followed by another drop likely lining up with the next big drop in equities taking TLT back to $100 and possibly lower.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
confucius_ag
AG
Carioca Corredor said:

Is $ATLX priced to accumulate shares long or trade for profits, rinse and repeat? My gain is at 14% overall and thinking of taking profits
My take is rinse and repeat.
Spoony Love
AG
SPY is seeing a slow consistent selling. If trend continues, watch the last few minutes of the day. If it loses 400.50, I have a level down to 398. I could see it settling somewhere between there.
Deplorable
Let's go ALTX
Golf1
AG
I would think $400 could put up some kind of fight.
Spoony Love
AG
I think thats entirely possible. My level was 400.50. 400 is a psych level in my opinion.
wanderer
FJ43 said:

FJ, curious how you typically treat this. Currently it has lost 21EMA (8.94), but do you typically look at where it closes as opposed to it's intraday action?
Premium
AG
Where do you all see the DOW heading this year? Is it going to stay flat, crash?

I just keep thinking it's going to tank pretty hard when the real economic situation is uncovered, but I thought the same thing all of last year and it hasn't really 'tanked'. Reasons:

• people being unemployed for so long, real unemployment is high
  • new layoffs happening
  • continued high interest rates
  • perhaps some housing bubbles in various parts of the country
  • credit cards are being maxed out right now, but can't continue indefinitely
  • many bad misses on financial releases

The main 'good news' is there is a split Congress and interest rates may not rise as fast as last year, but I'm not sure those are good enough.
Premium
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Premium said:

txaggieacct85 said:

Premium said:

Wayfair looking like a good pickup, anyone else agree?
no

Okay, now that we've had fun. Any serious commentary one way or the other?

I think most people think Amazon for online furniture but if you're looking for better quality you end up at Wayfair (online shoppers).

As for the stock, I'm curious at $52 since it recently shore up from high 40's to mid 70's and now back to 52.

I'd wait until it's back in the 30s

Good call so far ($49.06 today), I think if it goes another $6 lower it's worth getting to hold long.
South Platte
Carioca Corredor said:

GTFO
insulator_king
AG
$ATLX
10.25+3.03 (+41.97%)
As of 01:58PM EST. Market open.
Spoony Love
AG
Spoony Love said:

I think thats entirely possible. My level was 400.50. 400 is a psych level in my opinion.
Slow selling has pounded away today. There were a few relief bumps but I think we settle below 399 by close
wanderer
Seems like SPY 396.54 is in the cards in the near future. That is MT from recent run up (12/22 to 2/2)
Deplorable
Carioca Corredor said:

Speculation that Tesla is targeting ATLX
https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/why-is-atlas-lithium-atlx-stock-up-35-today-1032112725
Towns03
AG
up 46% in a day and I'm still under water
FJ43
wanderer said:

FJ43 said:

FJ, curious how you typically treat this. Currently it has lost 21EMA (8.94), but do you typically look at where it closes as opposed to it's intraday action?

Closes. I'm down 20% from entry as it moved after I bought. Letting volume determine where I sit but in terms of RR still within my trade plan. The move down didn't move them as much as I suspected.

Edit: Adding a chart prior to entry. The white SR is below the 21 but where I determined last support may be. You can see it pinged within 2 cents of it.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

EngrAg14
AG
Double top* on SPY starting 1/31, correct?
Or at I miss reading that
deadbq03
AG
Not sure if that counts, but I don't use patterns enough to have any expertise.

But indicators are definitely not good right now. MACD crossed a few days ago and RSI and MFI fell below 50 after decent period above. I think we've got more downward movement. Those are my triple crown and they all point down.
Deplorable
Towns03 said:

up 46% in a day and I'm still under water

"up 46% in a day still under water"
topher06
Buying some SPY calls here to March 3 410
SF2004
AG
topher06 said:

Buying some SPY calls here to March 3 410
Probably get a bounce tomorrow morning.
topher06
Hoping so. Not a huge position and certainly not tied to holding it. If I can go net free on a few, I'll be good with that too.

Let's see what after hours brings us.
Carioca Corredor
AG
Good move going long 14.5K shares in the last 5 min of the session
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
fed day will be interesting. i didn't expect the market to do much today, but I definitely didn't expect -2%
Philip J Fry
AG
My only regret was standing on the sidelines today. I'm just not comfortable with short ETFs yet.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
This link below tells me everything is fine and there's still dollars available on the credit line. Party like it's 1999. Mom and Dad still footing this bill and no slowing down..

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/spring-breakers-expect-pay-20-212838819.html

...and.....

BTHOUT!
FJ43

FIGS update.

I held. Still well within my RR although closed a few cents below the 21.

Are we in the bottom of consolidation?
Bounced at my SR.
Need to break the upper SR to move.
The volume bars are one of my keys.

We shall see. If you took this manage the trade.

spud1910
AG
FJ43 said:

FIGS update.

I held. Still well within my RR although closed a few cents below the 21.

Are we in the bottom of consolidation?
Bounced at my SR.
Need to break the upper SR to move.
The volume bars are one of my keys.

We shall see. If you took this manage the trade.

In these with you.
lobwedgephil
BaylorSpineGuy said:

FJ43
Manage the trade and know your risk. As you know I'm in as well. Don't hesitate to cut if you hit your trade plan levels.

I'll try and post as I go on this one. Meetings are way overrated but consuming my time so not able to check or post real time. Just looking for good setups at night and take fewer high probability trades.

But…they don't always work so risk management is key.

BaylorSpineGuy
lobwedgephil said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Thx for sharing. Are those puts sold or bought?
First Page Last Page
Page 5995 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.