Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,984,610 Views | 231562 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by spud1910
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Trade Kings.

I have a final development meeting Friday and wanted to garner your input on structure. I just gave a real time tweet string play by play on the macro markets. I told them what to look for, when that confirmed, when it bottomed and started to reverse - all using SPY. For those who were in one of the seminars, you'll spot on the tweet below my pointing out the rapid escalation of selling pressure that typically leads to the flattening pattern for exiting any puts or shorts plus entering any longs. That confirmed spot on for a quick expiring call 63% gain, as the cherry on top.

Obviously, I'm not going to sit around giving real time play by play every hour of every day, or even every day. However, if we set the forum tab on the website to have a schedule of when I WOULD be doing what I'd call "live learning", then is that a major attraction for potential subscribers? Is there a threshold of days it would need to be, to be significant? Thanks in advance.

oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Howdy Trade Kings.

I have a final development meeting Friday and wanted to garner your input on structure. I just gave a real time tweet string play by play on the macro markets. I told them what to look for, when that confirmed, when it bottomed and started to reverse - all using SPY. For those who were in one of the seminars, you'll spot on the tweet below my pointing out the rapid escalation of selling pressure that typically leads to the flattening pattern for exiting any puts or shorts plus entering any longs. That confirmed spot on for a quick expiring call 63% gain, as the cherry on top.

Obviously, I'm not going to sit around giving real time play by play every hour of every day, or even every day. However, if we set the forum tab on the website to have a schedule of when I WOULD be doing what I'd call "live learning", then is that a major attraction for potential subscribers? Is there a threshold of days it would need to be, to be significant? Thanks in advance.

I guess it would help if I actually posted the tweet chart!

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I did a 4145/4165 put credit spread for $17.30 in credit. This is a lotto play for me with profit on the day.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
M4 Benelli said:

Legged Into LUMN, hit as low as 3.74 today on multiple downgrades. This company has intrinsic value with the Level 3 fiber portion of the company. Dividend has been done away with, but they announced buybacks and debt tackling. Maybe theyll get swallowed up by a tech giant? Doubt they go under despite the ineptitude.

Keep an eye on it friends.

They are too cheap not to be purchased in my opinion.
gougler08
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

M4 Benelli said:

Legged Into LUMN, hit as low as 3.74 today on multiple downgrades. This company has intrinsic value with the Level 3 fiber portion of the company. Dividend has been done away with, but they announced buybacks and debt tackling. Maybe theyll get swallowed up by a tech giant? Doubt they go under despite the ineptitude.

They are too cheap not to be purchased in my opinion.
Is this something to start to leg in to and then hope for buyout? I keep telling myself to focus on bigger cap stuff only but then I see charts like this and want to dive in...
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Put credit spread is in profit.

Don't let it go red.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Minimal downside risk in my opinion.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Doing 4150/4165/4180 butterfly with profits
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm setting a conservative target of $6 on that.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think we are going back to 4150 on SPX today
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Crap it's 12:20. Need to decide what's for lunch.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
spud1910 said:

bmoochie said:

Doesn't bother me, but I also don't have to post here. I took an 8 year hiatus before

Please don't stop posting because of one loser. You have taught me and I know a lot of others about how to try and trade and better ourselves. All for free and it's much appreciated
Same here. I enjoy your posts and have learned a lot.

Thank you guys and I'm not going anywhere. Reminds me of the people who say Dak Prescott is a bad QB. Let's see you go throw the ball.
Charlie Conway

spud1910 said:

bmoochie said:

Doesn't bother me, but I also don't have to post here. I took an 8 year hiatus before

Please don't stop posting because of one loser. You have taught me and I know a lot of others about how to try and trade and better ourselves. All for free and it's much appreciated
Same here. I enjoy your posts and have learned a lot.

Thank you guys and I'm not going anywhere. Reminds me of the people who say Dak Prescott is a bad QB. Let's see you go throw the ball.
whoa....... Dak Prescott IS a bad qb
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
XSP 413s should hit 1.60 or higher
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Exactly my point. Compared to who.
EnronAg
AG
what exactly do you see in the charts that makes you sell an ITM PCS like that vs. buying calls or call spreads?
insulator_king
AG
M4 Benelli said:

I was noticing this as well last night & this morning. Added some shares to my IRA & HSA.

Why, I even thought about selling 4 of my $WWR shares to get 1 of $LUMN! OK, 40 shares to get 10.
oldarmy1
AG
Buy Jan '25 $7 calls on LUMN. Cost you $57 to leverage 100 shares. If you think it gets bought out or recovers this is the way to go.
Golf1
AG
There just doesn't seem to be any buying pressure from the bulls today.

Looks like Biden is speaking on the economy at 1:00. Expect any fireworks in the market to happen during that?
bhanacik
AG
thanks for pointing that out - seems like a good RR

(the LUMN '25 calls)
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Fed speakers killing us.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
EnronAg said:

what exactly do you see in the charts that makes you sell an ITM PCS like that vs. buying calls or call spreads?

Level 2 went bid and I think about where there will be sellers if price begins to rotate. The PCS has the best risk to reward.

I took 3/4 off when it returned 100% and rolled some to the butterfly which I still have.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Triple_Bagger
oldarmy1 said:

Buy Jan '25 $7 calls on LUMN. Cost you $57 to leverage 100 shares. If you think it gets bought out or recovers this is the way to go.
I'm in on these @0.55
oldarmy1
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

oldarmy1 said:

I'm in on these
I'm in with you, along with some $10's. I set a GTC sell of 50% at double entry and just forget about them until/unless an alert goes off. Main reason for the alert is if some crazed move occurs during extended session, that I might want to short against calls to lock big gains. Remember AMC!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Lumen is mispriced. Dish should buy them but they're too stupid to do that. By they I mean Charlie Ergen.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Pretty sure I've cleared 5K today at this point on base hits. Not too bad on a chop day
SoTXAg09
AG
That Model T…
oldarmy1
AG
SoTXAg09 said:

That Model T…

It's been nails all dang day!
sts7049
AG
the LUMN monthly chart has been in a downtrend for over 5 years. why is now the time to get in?
FTAG 2000
AG
$30K and oldarmy with us today.

If FJ and McInnis show up we riot.
oldarmy1
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

BaylorSpineGuy
FTAG 2000 said:

Has Prog jumped ship too? Haven't seen him a few days. Need a well check on him!
Heineken-Ashi
BaylorSpineGuy said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Has Prog jumped ship too? Haven't seen him a few days. Need a well check on him!
This might get him

“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
i wonder if Prog is in ban camp?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
kind of hard to tell what happens from here. trading at low of day, but that was supported earlier and is being supported for the moment. bears trying pretty hard to sell today.
First Page Last Page
Page 5977 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.