Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,993,600 Views | 231574 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by EliteZags
Golf1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tomorrow should actually have some movement with Powell speaking at 11:40. Market didn't really do anything today so interested to how things go tomorrow. With the bull market that we've had the last couple of weeks wouldn't surprise me to see us go up with no bad news from Powell. However, he could definitely say the wrong thing and we might start testing that $400 level.
Dan Scott
AG
My bet Powell goes Jackson Hole tomorrow.
Whitehouse Road
AG
M4 Benelli said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Where's Farmer these days? Perhaps he can comment on CHK and some other energy stocks currently hovering near lower support levels….

Every hour I hit refresh for a Farmer post that has yet to Xome...
Bonfire97
AG
Absolutely Jackson Hole round 2 tomorrow. They need to get this all over with before the 2024 election. Even though the fed seems to be acting in earnest regarding in inflation, remember they play the political game.
bmoochie
AG

lobwedgephil
Dan Scott said:

My bet Powell goes Jackson Hole tomorrow.
Possible, but completely different forum. Jackson Hole was yell at camera for a couple of mins, this is a discussion at Economic Club. Messaging with probably be similar to Bostic today is my guess.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Maybe it's just me but I don't think there is extreme greed.

Look, they can't go over 5.5% for long if at all. The market knows that. Doesn't matter how fussy J Pow is.

The machines may look for a reason to sell. The dip could get bought.

Remember everyone is thinking like you guys and loading puts.
Heineken-Ashi
irish pete ag06 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Sold some positions with the SPX beer candle reversal this morning lining up with daily candle overbought signals. Feel like I stole something.

So you have prompted me to look into these beer candles. I've been researching and using them on a split screen with regular candles.

I've also been trying to trade trends based on EMAs, so I must say. I am a fan of the beer candles.

Welcome to the pub!
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
ryanhnc10
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Look, they can't go over 5.5% for long if at all. The market knows that. Doesn't matter how fussy J Pow is.

I mean the Nasdaq had a 20% run up in 19 days. If nothing else it's due for some chop / pullback, just not sure longer term
irish pete ag06
AG

Right...

The problem that is going to potentially cause another leg down is the labor market is going to make wages stay high... and likely make inflation sticky. I have a feeling it's not gonna be the rates that cause it but an unexpected hot print on CPI.

Hell that looks like a bull flag to me.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
these all look bad. but J Pow can change it with his magic words.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$290 would be a great spot to go long.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
mean reversion would be healthy, but this could squeeze to 330 if people are as short as I think they are.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I talk often with a famous fin Twitter that is a former Goldman trader. He has been telling me that mutual funds have cash on the sidelines that must be deployed. MF cash would be insanely bullish.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I got assigned on OXY at net $65 last week on some new shares. I am going to sell 70s out to August when this bounces to 63 area.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I bet tomorrows morning session is a snoozer before J Pow talks. Let's see.
irish pete ag06
AG
Yep… just chop around with fake wicks making a doji I bet
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Smarter to probably wait until after the speech. Don't forget gap at 145
Philip J Fry
AG
What do you think the chances are of a .50 pint hike?
vette
AG
Philip J Fry said:

What would be the basis for it? The jobs report on Friday?
vette
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Fed watch tool says 10%

https://www.cmegroup.com/markets/interest-rates/cme-fedwatch-tool.html
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
just trying to think about it logically, if you believe 0.25 is getting the desired effect, why would you do more? If you really want to rip the band aid, set rates to 8% for 6 months and let a ton of people get fired.
HoustonAg2014
AG
That's been my thought. At that point they should have just gone there to begin with and the process would have taken 6 months tops to flush everything out Vs 2 years
Philip J Fry
AG
Do you think it's having JPs desired effect? Jobs are still strong. GDP came in hot.
SoTXAg09
AG

I talk often with a famous fin Twitter that is a former Goldman trader. He has been telling me that mutual funds have cash on the sidelines that must be deployed. MF cash would be insanely bullish.

Will Meade?
Spoony Love
AG
I think a sudden rip like that would have caused even more money printing due to It's been my belief the Fed knows the increase in money printing is a large contributing factor and have been trying to slowly approach this situation so as not to cause any more printing from their actions.

LMCane
odds that Best Buy (down -40.3% right now) is going to declare bankruptcy?

does that mean store closings- or just a restructuring of the debt to preferred bond holders?
AgCPA95
AG
LMCane said:

odds that Best Buy (down -40.3% right now) is going to declare bankruptcy?

does that mean store closings- or just a restructuring of the debt to preferred bond holders?

I think you mean Bed Bath and Beyond $BBBY

Best Buy is $BBY
Boy Named Sue
AG
Probably both. Creditors will insist on closing unprofitable stores
Bonfire97
AG
Quote:

That's been my thought. At that point they should have just gone there to begin with and the process would have taken 6 months tops to flush everything out Vs 2 years
They won't do that. There is too much risk of "breaking something" like a Lehman or AIG like 08. I would have thought that rates at these levels would have already done something like this, but I guess having trillions of recently printed money floating around has buffered it.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
IV too high to trade SPX.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$20 in premium for at the money
GreasenUSA
AG
It seems traders really are waiting for Powell this morning. I find it hard to believe he's going to say anything markedly different from last week, but we will see.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
GreasenUSA said:

It seems traders really are waiting for Powell this morning. I find it hard to believe he's going to say anything markedly different from last week, but we will see.

I agree. I'm waiting too
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BOIL hasn't had two consecutive green days since mid-December. Might change that today.
First Page Last Page
Page 5972 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.