Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,994,562 Views | 231575 Replies | Last: 21 sec ago by nortex97
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The 3-4X swings are what keep us degenerates playing.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I'm picking up a lotto put if we touch 406.5
Edit: they pulled the bid on xsp 406 and 407 puts a few minutes ago
TheVarian
AG
This is how I feel holding WWR
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I have no position but I'm telling you guys that boil is priced to bearish perfection right now.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Boy Named Sue
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I have no position but I'm telling you guys that boil is priced to bearish perfection right now.

I'm still trying to figure out what you mean when you use the term "bearish perfection." I assume that means it'll drop and the puts get rich, but I'm not sure
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Chop chop chop

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Literally all the factors are against natgas. When bears do something they overdo it. Only one thing needs to change for natgas to go up again.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Does Powell speak today?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
yes, the interest rate decision will be released at 1pm followed by a conference call at 1:30.

If you notice, index premium is through the roof and the market is chopping. I don't see any reason that anyone should be playing today. sure, trade individual stocks small size and what not, but I wouldn't do any intra day index trades until after the fed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Boy Named Sue said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

BOIL -9%
A falling knife, with no sign of recovery until 2024 I'm afraid. Hope I'm wrong
Need to realize that BOIL doesn't recover. Sure, it might drop to 5 and then rally to 20, but it's going to continue to reach reverse split territory every couple of years.
Sure, but I don't think anyone is actually hoping for anything more than that. Personally I'm looking to get out around $15-16.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Thanks! I thought so but wasn't sure if it was just rate announcement or if he speaks today or tomorrow. I'll be watching this or live.

I wonder what chance Powell say .50 and done for the year or .50 and probably don't for the year but need to watch the data.
sts7049
AG

Literally all the factors are against natgas. When bears do something they overdo it. Only one thing needs to change for natgas to go up again.
not sure what positive factor that would be. especially looking at the NG market forecast
HoustonAg2014
AG
HoustonAg2014 said:

Thanks! I thought so but wasn't sure if it was just rate announcement or if he speaks today or tomorrow. I'll be watching this or live.

I wonder what chance Powell say .50 and done for the year or .50 and probably don't for the year but need to watch the data.

Hoping for .25 but would be interesting if he rips them and side off and next meeting they halt.
GreasenUSA
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

GreasenUSA said:

Boy Named Sue said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

BOIL -9%
A falling knife, with no sign of recovery until 2024 I'm afraid. Hope I'm wrong
Need to realize that BOIL doesn't recover. Sure, it might drop to 5 and then rally to 20, but it's going to continue to reach reverse split territory every couple of years.
Sure, but I don't think anyone is actually hoping for anything more than that. Personally I'm looking to get out around $15-16.
The guy mentioned "recovery", which implies a return to a norm. I just wanted to clarify so no one gets their hopes up. BOIL has had a handful of 3x-5x periods over the last few years, which will be wonderful for you guys when it happens, but it doesn't "recover".

He then responded he was talking about NG, which makes perfect sense.
FTAG 2000
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

Burry Stop loss on VLO at 136.50 and PLTR at 7.50

FED is not happy with the 2 year trading lower that it's discount rate the entire time since last meeting. Treasury markets are hurting their progress towards their goals of crushing employment and crashing the housing market.
Ya'll speculating on Powell need to pay more attention to 96.

When he talks rates and the Fed, I listen.
Boy Named Sue
AG
Let's talk trading platforms with mobile features. Y'all like Tradingview, obviously. My money is with Schwab right now, and a big chunk has to stay there until some holdings qualify for LTCG (in about 6 weeks). But I may move to another platform at that point. Anyone suggest looking at other options besides Tradingview?
irish pete ag06
AG
5 min 8/21 flip on SPY. Today is a chop day so I fully expect it to flip back in a few candles.

I'll look to enter short on a 21 EMA re-touch... 1/3 size of a normal position.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
You're actually proving my point. You are maximally pessimistic.
Golf1
AG
Trading view is just for charts. I think they have a couple of brokers that work with them but I use TD Ameritrade/Think or swim. 90% of my trading is from my phone and Think or swim has always been easy to do for me.
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

5 min 8/21 flip on SPY. Today is a chop day so I fully expect it to flip back in a few candles.

I'll look to enter short on a 21 EMA re-touch... 1/3 size of a normal position.
It doesn't appear to be coming back anytime soon, so don't chase.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
i regret not holding BA longer. oh well.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I have an all day meeting to loosely pay attention to, otherwise I would be stealing paper from hoes right now.
Bonfire97
AG
Quote:

FED is not happy with the 2 year trading lower that it's discount rate the entire time since last meeting. Treasury markets are hurting their progress towards their goals of crushing employment and crashing the housing market.
Yeah, you hit the nail square on the head. The treasury markets are like the kid that continually smarts off to his parents. Let's see if Powell whips the kid's behind today.
Bonfire1996
AG
2 year trading at 4.199% while FED target rate is going to 4.75% or more today is a Johnny Cash Middle Finger from the market to the FED. What is the oldest adage in treasury markets? "Don't fight the FED." And the Treasury markets do it again, and again, and again, and again.
Ragoo
AG

I have an all day meeting to loosely pay attention to, otherwise I would be stealing paper from hoes right now.
what strategy are you using?

I assume you are trading a large account with margin - which opens you up to more trading strategies than small amounts cash settled.

Example: a small account without margin isn't selling put credit spreads
TheVarian
AG
Stupid fidelity won't let me purchase BOIL
Ragoo
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Boy Named Sue said:

Let's talk trading platforms with mobile features. Y'all like Tradingview, obviously. My money is with Schwab right now, and a big chunk has to stay there until some holdings qualify for LTCG (in about 6 weeks). But I may move to another platform at that point. Anyone suggest looking at other options besides Tradingview?
I'm currently in Schwab (which just added a dark mode on Android, thank god), but use Tradingview to follow charts.
GreasenUSA
AG
TheVarian said:

Stupid fidelity won't let me purchase BOIL
That might be a good thing. It would be better to invest half of it in low risk mutual funds and then take the other half over to my friend Asadulah who works in securities...
TheVarian
AG
But I wanna gamble with you big kids
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I was making a joke about playing GTA.

I have made zero trades today and won't until after FOMC. it's inherently low probability to try to swing the bat before J Pow.
Colt98
AG
Can you give a quick example of "stealing paper"
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Colt98 said:

BaylorSpineGuy

Colt98 said:

That's actually his dress code at work.
YaketyYak
Colt98 said:

After they get out of the car, you run them over and get your money back
Take out the papers and the trash, or you don't get no spendin' cash
First Page Last Page
Page 5961 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.