Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,000,934 Views | 231607 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by CC09LawAg
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is hans Schneider still building bikes?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
FJ43 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

I bought some boots for myself last week. Need to decide what this week is.

Stetson. Solved it for you.

Ok…Resistol will be ok.

I'm a red neck but I'm also not a red neck.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Ragoo
AG

You are definitely able to trade into that yourself!
i had a less than great close to 2022.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
What happened? You can do this bro.
Ragoo
AG
I am still 100% only trading SPX.

My biggest problem honestly is holding losers and selling winners.

Probably the biggest problem everyone has in this thread.

Example today.

SPX was extended well above the EMAs and bollinger bands on the daily. It needed to pull back. Opened up and traded up but didn't have continuation momentum. So I bought the 3950p for $0.70. Started selling off so I set a $0.4 trailing stop to lock in a win. Instead of saying "f-it, I know I am right I am going to ride or die on n this bet" because that would have cash settled at $22,000. Instead I made $500 which is damn good percentage.

The set up was there I knew it, I bought it, I took the sure W and didn't get the upside.
Brewmaster
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Is hans Schneider still building bikes?
ha! Why yes he is. How do you know him or of him? I've met him at his shop before and talked at length and my best riding buddy rides a Hans Schneider.

Hans has some great stories!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
That's trading man. Risk management is #1. You couldn't have known we would have a massive trend move like that.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Next time you get a hunch like that how about a little shout out? I'll zero or hero that mofo!

Sucks but I'm in the exact same mindset as you lately. See green take green, don't let a green trade go red, etc. But imagine if you'd have bought 2 or more and managed your trailing stops down to just one that you could let ride net free?
Coulda shoulda woulda...i bought xsp puts at the first 400 touch but since i still can't day trade i sold puts against them as soon as i could make them free, then turned them into flys for .75. Not even gonna look at what diamond handing would have paid
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Always wanted one, back when i was on campus and riding a lot a couple of the hard ass old guys rode them
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
0 DTE should be treated as see green take green. If you look at my trade it exceeded what I expected and I kept moving stops because of that.

If you want to hold longer, buy time.
BaylorSpineGuy
If the RDR plays out, we should have a follow through day tomorrow. I figured this impulsive move would come tomorrow after the VIX expires, so today was a little surprising. The debt ceiling thing (finally being mentioned on CNBC) could exaggerate volatility particularly if this thing doesn't get settled quick….and I suspect it will not.
Brewmaster
AG
If say, you bought 10 of these, why not go net free + bank profit next time. Sell the majority of them (or half if feeling lucky), ride the rest til valhalla or break even. and you still made out like a bandit, but you held some runners.

I rarely touch 0dte's anymore, just move too fast for me. Today I played puts out to next week, scalped a few times.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

FJ43 said:

Ok…Resistol will be ok.

The "I'm a red neck but I'm also not a red neck" hat happens to be the Stetson 1000x El Diamante.

Next up would be custom made fit, but quality may be questioned. It's really difficult to beat a Diamante for brand recognition and quality per dollar spent.
FJ43
Y'all may be overthinking things. You must know your trade plan and execute it. Profit and risk.

If you're not prepared (able) to truly scalp (minutes, hours, etc) or day trade then just skip it.

Trying to simultaneously apply scalp, swing and investing mentality is a recipe for losses. Your trade plan should be aligned to your time frame.

I get it. The mental part of this is the toughest to learn and apply. Most see the setup but don't execute it.

Y'all got this.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

FJ43 said:

Ok…Resistol will be ok.

The "I'm a red neck but I'm also not a red neck" hat happens to be the Stetson 1000x El Diamante.

Next up would be custom made fit, but quality may be questioned. It's really difficult to beat a Diamante for brand recognition and quality per dollar spent.

About time Farmer. You saved the day my man.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

I hope you got that property. I liked your timing, because I think it's "now" is the time to act. I'm thinking the window is closing. Equity Markets might sink a little (3,600 down to 3,500 is attractive for purchase). I'm not so sure about real estate (the acreage segment). Housing segment will continue to suffer overall. Ground I believe will hold value or appreciate moving forward. I guess i'm saying i think the bottom is in for ground.
irish pete ag06
AG

FJ43 said:

Ok…Resistol will be ok.

That's worth more than my daily driver.
lobwedgephil
BaylorSpineGuy said:

If the RDR plays out, we should have a follow through day tomorrow. I figured this impulsive move would come tomorrow after the VIX expires, so today was a little surprising. The debt ceiling thing (finally being mentioned on CNBC) could exaggerate volatility particularly if this thing doesn't get settled quick….and I suspect it will not.
You nailed the idea, just missed the date. Vix expiration was today, they expire in premarket.
FJ43

I hope you got that property. I liked your timing, because I think it's "now" is the time to act. I'm thinking the window is closing. Equity Markets might sink a little (3,600 down to 3,500 is attractive for purchase). I'm not so sure about real estate (the acreage segment). Housing segment will continue to suffer overall. Ground I believe will hold value or appreciate moving forward. I guess i'm saying i think the bottom is in for ground.

Haven't gotten it yet. Having soil samples done for multiple septic zones. A bit tricky especially on the riverfront portion.

I 'think' we may still see some land price suppression yet due to many buying property to build on but then had to pause due to DTI ratios given rate increases. I still believe many are over leveraged. That is of course for primary property vs recreational. Layoffs could perpetuate that even more should we see that.

I agree and do think the window for acting is now and onward. I'm seeing softening of asking prices and lowering. Question I'm pondering is are people starting to need to or maybe cautionary in get out mode. Think we aren't quite there yet. When/if that triggers is when I'll turn into a buzzard :-)

I'm with you. Land/Recreational property will remain stronger

FJ43
30k made 3X that before lunch.

ProgN
A&M just beat Florida at Reed to go 5-0 in SEC play.

Ragoo
AG
Not #10
$30,000 Millionaire
AG

FJ43 said:

Ok…Resistol will be ok.

There are $4,000 hats?!? Wtf!!
ProgN
Ragoo said:

Not #10
Thanks, my bad. Just glanced at the tv.

FJ43 said:

Ok…Resistol will be ok.

There are $4,000 hats?!? Wtf!!
Like they say in Russia "shiittski costski"
techno-ag
AG
Still cheaper than a lot of purses.
wanderer
PLTR looking like SPX/SPY on the downtrend with multiple touches/rejections.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Some sales puke from Palantir has been bothering me and I told him today I'd take the meeting if I could meet with their CTO. I'll take one for the team and get some intel for the board.
Bonfire1996
AG

Some sales puke from Palantir has been bothering me and I told him today I'd take the meeting if I could meet with their CTO. I'll take one for the team and get some intel for the board.
excellence
BaylorSpineGuy

Next round of drinks on me for actionable info lol. Cheers and congrats on your profits today!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm excited about it. Palantir may not make money but they are an outstanding shop.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Obvious point, they will only disclose public info but I can give my input on what I think about them.
Heineken-Ashi
techno-ag said:

Still cheaper than a lot of purses.

High end purses best the S&P last year I think.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
irish pete ag06
AG
My daily driver did
FJ43
FJ43 said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

Fj, are you taking profit on any of those feb spy puts yet?

Trimmed earlier but holding. Looking for 50EMA backtest in 388s.

And here we are. 388s premarket.

Let's see.

First Page Last Page
Page 5939 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.