Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,032,842 Views | 231624 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by Happygilmore20
Eliminatus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Scalped some Tesla. It's volatile

No kidding. Was planning on putting an order in before open but work shenanigans sidetracked me. Was planning on exiting at 120. Would have been a very nice dinner if I had just hit the submit button.

I am trying to get better and learn more from research but is Tesla even worth trying right now? Is there any rhyme or reason to it at the moment that I am missing? Or is it just pure chaos.
Philip J Fry
AG
I think I'm sitting out for a bit. I'm up 5% on my UPRO buy from just before yesterdays close. Been a long time since I've had this much in my brokerage account and want to make sure I don't lose it.
Brewmaster
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Question is, how far does this bounce go? Is this just a today thing, or do we get more tomorrow?
the clue I look for is the last hour of the day. If we have continuation into the close, I'd bet on continuation into at least tomorrow morning.
BaylorSpineGuy
Can someone explain why Musk has TSLA stock on margin? Aren't all his shares guaranteed as the CEO? And if he bought additional on margin, why didn't he close the position before it started to go down? He knows his company's stock price better than anyone else. This doesn't make sense to me.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
LABU cleared 7
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I sold calls against ENVX shares
cjo03
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Can someone explain why Musk has TSLA stock on margin? Aren't all his shares guaranteed as the CEO? And if he bought additional on margin, why didn't he close the position before it started to go down? He knows his company's stock price better than anyone else. This doesn't make sense to me.

pretty sure he put some of his TSLA stake up as collateral when he bought twitter... collateral which is now worth way less than it was. so his lender is now saying give us more.
ChemAg15
AG
If twitter goes bankrupt could he lose control of tesla as well?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Elon simply has to re offer Twitter to the public as an IPO. Problem solved.
wanderer
What strike/date were you using?
cjo03
AG
googled it

Quote:

"Tesla executives are permitted to take out loans up to 25% of the company's stock value, using the shares as collateral. However, the initial loan-to-value ratio for the $12.5 billion facility component of Musk's Twitter financing was 20%. As a result, the $12.5 billion loans required $62.5 billion shares as security. That agreement's initial margin call occurs when the loan-to-value ratio drops below 35%. Musk received his first call this past week, supposing the facility was fully utilized when the Twitter takeover transaction concluded. To reach a loan-to-value ratio of 35%, the price of Tesla shares had to fall by around 43%. As a result, the Tesla stock, which ended at $125.35 on December 22, was down 44% from the time of the Twitter acquisition.

When faced with a margin call, a person has three options: pay back a portion of the loan, provide extra security, or combine the two. For the loan, Musk could have repaid the margin facility in the amount of around $3.7 billion, pledged an additional $15 billion in Tesla stock as collateral, or any combination of the two.

Earlier in the month, Musk did sell Tesla stock for around $3.6 billion. However, he may not have wanted to commit additional Tesla shares because he was concerned about the margin call.

Recent regulatory filings reveal that Musk has around 267 million Tesla shares pledged as collateral for margin borrowing. In addition, he owns roughly 423 million Tesla shares and some fully exercised management stock options."
Philip J Fry
AG
Am I crazy, or is the SPX forming an inverse hs on the 1 year?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
wanderer said:

What strike/date were you using?

Jan 20 14s for 0.60

I'm completely fine selling there.
SF2004
AG
Who did this.

f it... delete user

FJ43
TSLA
RDR

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

irish pete ag06
AG
On just a teeny bit of volume
irish pete ag06
AG

SF2004
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Nice Public servant there… just causally selling $12MM worth of stock. Defiantly in touch the the common Texan.
wanderer
Same guy who had an affair with the ISIS Bride a few yrs back.
Boy Named Sue
AG
I know Van Taylor. I'm inclined to think he knows something. That XOM sale is particularly concerning, but I'd like to know when he bought it.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I want to know how Van Taylor got $12M

Military career, straight into public service…..
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Boy Named Sue said:

I know Van Taylor. I'm inclined to think he knows something. That XOM sale is particularly concerning, but I'd like to know when he bought it.

How hilarious is the ISIS bride thing to you?
wanderer
According to wiki he is a descendant of Humble Oil co-founder Robert Lee Blaffer & was a real estate investment broker for 16yrs.
bmoochie
AG

I want to know how Van Taylor got $12M

Military career, straight into public service…..

This. Doesn't matter dem or Rep, the fact these politicians make bank when they get in office is so problematic and what's wrong with our system. Not to get political. Just frustrating.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
The net worth of some of these guys just doesn't add up. Astounding figures for public servants.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Tomorrow is gonna be wild by the way.
Buck Compton
AG

The net worth of some of these guys just doesn't add up. Astounding figures for public servants.
Yep. It used to be that most public servants were rich, but they all made their money before office and were doing it truly from service. Not always, there's always been bad apples and barons of K Street, but idealistically they had earned the respect of their community before being elected to serve.

Now we have an elected (and often non-elected) career class of politicians that are somehow becoming extra rich off of it.
wanderer
What makes you say that? Love hearing your views
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
End of year position squaring. Extreme chop most likely. Possible trend moves in both directions.
CheladaAg
AG
Buck Compton said:

Yep. It used to be that most public servants were rich, but they all made their money before office and were doing it truly from service. Not always, there's always been bad apples and barons of K Street, but idealistically they had earned the respect of their community before being elected to serve.

Now we have an elected (and often non-elected) career class of politicians that are somehow becoming extra rich off of it.

To add to this, financially successful people that want to become politicians are for main purposes of getting insider info or an edge in certain markets.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
If I entered politics it would be to try to make a difference.
Philip J Fry
AG
Very noble of you and you would have my vote if you ever ran.

That said, you won't be effective, would be considered a pariah, and ultimately hated by everyone no matter what party you ran on. There's too much inertia in the swamp to change anything.
Bird Poo
AG
Buck Compton said:

I hope he loses his ass. But he probably won't.
techno-ag
AG
Short day, closing at 1:00 Central. Monday is a holiday. Good luck on the last opportunity to make money in the market this year, gentleman. It's been an honor trading alongside you.
Bonfire1996
AG
I know Van from his days in business. He did well in real estate before trying every which way to get into politics.

He's always had money, though.
First Page Last Page
Page 5907 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.