Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,037,569 Views | 231639 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need to see some sustained candles here
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
One good trade a day is all that's needed.

Philip J Fry
AG
Man, I nailed my transition from SPXS to UPRO today.

But I got paper handed when it continued to dip below 3791. Kicking myself for not being patient.
ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire said:

You were saying, Prog?
I hope I have to eat crow, I just don't see a catalyst to turn the momentum.
M4 Benelli
Anybody ever interview for a promotion you really dont "want," but as a defensive tactic to prevent an unsavory alternative?

Wish me luck, as I get proverbially pilloried for the sake of magnanimity.

P.S OT: Bagholding Tesla like an idiot. Happy New Year
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Almost, but decided not to pursue it. Got the unsavory option #2. I've been job hunting ever since (didn't get fired, but this individual is driving the bus straight off the bridge and into a lake of fire). It's a tough situation, but you have to think about which situation you'd prefer to suffer through.
FTAG 2000
AG
Ag CPA said:

The biggest travesty, Bob Jordan is an Ag with a computer science degree. He should know better!

This is what I can't understand and he has been there forever; I'm surprised that he still has a job this morning.
He's the head for sure, but they have organizational issues that they need to address.

The CFO drives the bus there, IT is an after thought. Yeah, it's crazy to us armchair QBs, but that's the reality inside that building. Any problems will buff out with a little customer service, no problem.

Had a family member high up in IT, he retired just prior to covid stuff kicking off. He got tired of fighting the fight for new tech, only to have accounting come in and say 'nope, not enough ROI there, sorry' and cut the requests.

He's got lots of stories, and the events of the week aren't a surprise to him.

Hard to see them whacking Jordan without him taking Watterson and/or Romo with him. Much more blame for this resides with the two of them than with him.
Troy91
AG
Yep. My boss was separated in 2019 and no one that I trusted was applying. I was hired into that role in 2019 with the sole goal of not repeating my boss's mistakes.

So far, so good.
ProgN
Anyone else showing a huge volume spike on Spy on the 5min?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
M4 Benelli said:

Anybody ever interview for a promotion you really dont "want," but as a defensive tactic to prevent an unsavory alternative?

I need more context on this, but I would never interview for a promotion or a role I didn't want or wouldn't consider.

I think it's okay to say "hey, I'm not interested right now because of x, y, and z".
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
ProgN said:

Anyone else showing a huge volume spike on Spy on the 5min?

Yes. Looks like block buyer. I'm not on my machine but price went up implying they wanted to buy right then. Could be short covering.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I feel bad for them. Certain IT moves are not about ROI, but are about avoiding risk. Blindly requiring all IT investment to show a positive net present value is like paving the road to hell with good intentions.

Job 1 of a CIO is to keep the operation running in all circumstances. Job 2 of a CIO is to not make things worse / suffer a catastrophic event. Job 3 of a CIO is to improve the technology stack.

They failed. Plan and simple.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
This is just like yesterday so far. They may run it until 2:15
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Lotto. 3820/3835/3850 butterfly. I got it for 0.95
irish pete ag06
AG
M4 Benelli said:

When I was offensive coordinator and assistant head coach, my boss slid into being a principal. In my heart I never wanted to be a head coach but my brain said you should try. School board was wanting to open the job up, but superintendent told them they should interview me first. I showed up to the next meeting and talked with them for an hour and a half. The superintendent showed up to my class the next morning and was just giddy. Said the board was blown away and didn't realize how qualified I was, etc. I said, "ok sounds great, is it my job?" He said well they wanna open it to applications but you're an automatic finalist. I withdrew my name right then. Lol
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Wow. Let's see if there's any power behind this move.
wanderer
Anyone been following/playing OA's callouts recently? All January expirations from the past few weeks: FIS, ORCL, NTNX, AEHR, NET.

I know there's ~3wks left on them, but they're all pretty underwater to varying degrees.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
They got me with the fake. This is why you downsize EOD.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
New low! Wow.
Spoony Love
AG
Could SPY tag 376 by EOD? Wouldn't have guessed there was a chance after that fake out.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Now we only need to rally 40 points in 40 minutes! Won't happen obviously.
Spoony Love
AG
Last thirty could get wild.
Carioca Corredor
AG
Took on 13 ORCL contracts and sliding past 68% loss as of today. Diamond hands... for now
AgCPA95
AG
$LUV sub $30 by Friday? Ever bit of news seems to get worse and worse.
FTAG 2000
AG

I feel bad for them. Certain IT moves are not about ROI, but are about avoiding risk. Blindly requiring all IT investment to show a positive net present value is like paving the road to hell with good intentions.

Job 1 of a CIO is to keep the operation running in all circumstances. Job 2 of a CIO is to not make things worse / suffer a catastrophic event. Job 3 of a CIO is to improve the technology stack.

Agreed. Massive organizational failure and blinders.

They had no way the last few days to figure out where their crews were. Only way is through calling in to a crew resource hotline to say 'hey I'm here in _____'.

So they've got roughly 4000 crew that they had no idea where they were. And a phone bank of five phones for those people to all call in and give their location so someone at corporate could write it all down and then try to start from scratch on planning.

Yes, I said paper.

Infinite number of ways to regather that info but hey call in so we can write it down. Google spreadsheets, Access DB, Sharepoint poll, could tie those into active directory for verification. Nope, let's get out the yellow legal pads and write it all down. Hell they could have even just asked everyone to email in their locations. Can't have that, always used the legal pads in the Herb days, why change?

The stories that will be told out of this week down at Love Field are going to be insane. Case studies for days.

AgCPA95
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Agreed. Massive organizational failure and blinders.

They had no way the last few days to figure out where their crews were. Only way is through calling in to a crew resource hotline to say 'hey I'm here in _____'.

So they've got roughly 4000 crew that they had no idea where they were. And a phone bank of five phones for those people to all call in and give their location so someone at corporate could write it all down and then try to start from scratch on planning.

Yes, I said paper.

Infinite number of ways to regather that info but hey call in so we can write it down. Google spreadsheets, Access DB, Sharepoint poll, could tie those into active directory for verification. Nope, let's get out the yellow legal pads and write it all down. Hell they could have even just asked everyone to email in their locations. Can't have that, always used the legal pads in the Herb days, why change?

The stories that will be told out of this week down at Love Field are going to be insane. Case studies for days.

I had this thought last night as well perusing all the articles. Kids are going to be reading about this one for a long time in business school.
Spoony Love
AG
ProgN said:

I'd bet this is building for capitulation flush of the markets to close out the year.
Here is your play for tomorrow, I think.
YaketyYak
AgCPA95 said:

I don't know about sub $30 just glancing at Friday's expiring option volume, but $30 not out of the question?

Looking ahead to next week maybe back to $34 if nothing gets worse, but may just be wishful thinking as I own them at $38

Take out the papers and the trash, or you don't get no spendin' cash
techno-ag
AG
WWR closed at 77 cents. What a bargain. New low.
FTAG 2000
AG
YaketyYak said:

AgCPA95 said:

I don't know about sub $30 just glancing at Friday's expiring option volume, but $30 not out of the question?

Looking ahead to next week maybe back to $34 if nothing gets worse, but may just be wishful thinking as I own them at $38

There will be more bad news next week.

Why? Because, assuming they get everything sorted out by the end of the weekend, analysts will be able to look at how many flights were canceled and put pen to paper and figure out an estimated cost to Southwest.

And that number is going to be massive (somewhere between 600 million and a billion dollars), and headlining all the news stations at some point when it's figured out.

TheVarian
AG
techno-ag said:

WWR closed at 77 cents. What a bargain. New low.

All cry, no laugh face
YaketyYak
https://media4.giphy.com/media/j6uK36y32LxQs/giphy.gif?cid=790b7611782526283b539a09273dcf6b379af323f01ee160&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

EDIT: Well that gif didn't work as planned
Take out the papers and the trash, or you don't get no spendin' cash
ProgN

Helping a brother out.
irish pete ag06
AG

VIVK... it's oil

Been watching this one for a long time. May be worth some pocket change soon to catch the next spike...

This feels like one that's going to explode one day.
FTAG 2000
AG
Random Q -

My mother finally let me take a look at and take over her investment accounts.

She was with Edward Jones (groan) and they suck.

One of the things they did was take some of her required mandatory distribution money and buy a municipal water bond (Travis County) that doesn't mature until 2048. In her own words, she'll likely be dead by then.

She had a managed account - they did all the trades for her, she authorized them to take action on her account without approval.

I asked her advisor in writing to explain the reasoning for investing in a bond that won't mature until my mother would be almost 100 years old, and he's refusing to respond.

Do we have any sort of legal case here? Currently this bond is 8K in the red due to the long maturity and what happened in the market this year.

Such *****
First Page Last Page
Page 5905 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.