Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,038,959 Views | 231645 Replies | Last: 24 min ago by ProgN
Bird Poo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wanderer said:

Looks like he bought in at .80 this morn. Going for ~.75 now.

I was able to snag 70 contracts at 0.70. Some speculation this one is a target for a buyout. We'll see!
Txducker
AG
FJ43 said:

FJ43 said:

Bought SPY 382C lotto for bounce play. Friday expiry

Held these overnight. Didn't take the 25%.
Thanks for the shout out. I followed and bought the +2dte (wed) expiry but sold at 14:57. 38% gain. Spy has a lot of divergence from the D 5ema. If it does a mean reversion to about 388, those 382 calls will explode. I hope it goes there for you!

What I liked about the setup was showing we were oversold on the 30 min candles.
a) I entered at 1402 and 1403, around previous 30 min candle low, gave me a tight stop loss area.
b) down by the Boll bands, almost 4ATR on 30min candles, and oversold RSI (I use length of 6 on 30min).
c) Price had already moved 85% of the 10 day average at my entry spot. Not much room to continue without a major catalyst.
d) Daily Chart: extended from the daily 5 ema, near 3ATr on Daily, > 2.5 SD on lower Boll band, and RSI < 30.

Since I sold at end of day, My returns would have been much better playing the 0 dte and C379 (188% vs 38%).
FJ43
Nice write up and well played.

I often trade extensions from the 5 EMA on the daily. Both ways. We've had multiple days of sell into a solid 5EMA gap and into and SR I had pegged. Watching the hold and volume profile on the day as well. Mean reversion would be nice but I'll be out well before we get to that. Might leave runners should this trade work.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Robag09
AG
MasonRamsay said:

Looking at a weekly chart I am not sure what strong support at $0.50 that you're talking about....

$080ish is the last bit of VERY SMALL support with nothing below until once again VERY SMALL support at $0.25.

At this point WWR is simply getting shorted to oblivion by MM and there has not been any sort of catalyst or news to bring new buyers in. I did some DD and it turns out the initial massive spike from $1.30 to $12 was a zack morris pump. Then the following $5 to $10.50 during the winter freeze (where my dumbass didn't go net free because the greed was too much) was also a zack morris pump. Have a feeling professional short sellers are continuing to hammer this simply bc it was one of the atlas pumps. If you check the other atlas pumps like CEI or WISH it is clear as day that shorts are ripping those to shreds. Just my 2 cents.

In other news I have a call scheduled with Steve Cates, CFO of WWR, on Monday at 1:30pm. I have a few questions regarding funding that they have been vague about as well as delays. I am a stupid, idiot who diamond handed this after being apart of MGNI and seeing the possibilities. If there are any questions y'all would like me to ask Steve I am all ears.

Let us know how your call went, I am sure many on here are eager to hear your report!
wanderer
I like to think of this little plot as my own

FJ43

This was my only play today as posted.

Disregards all my SRs…they are scalping levels for me with alerts set.

I bought 382C Friday expiry calls in the lower wick at the arrow as it went into that red SR.
Circle is extension from the 5EMA after multiple days selling.
Box is area I posted a while back to watch for gap fill….we are here in the lower end.

We either bounce here or find the lower red SR IMO.

I'll exit all at 385ish but watching 383.82 should we bounce at all. Ehhh…..may leave trailing net free+++ should we bounce.

Whoops….not my only trade. I did buy OA's NTNX calls today.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
FWIW if we get a good dead cat bounce in the next week into the 390 range I will go short out to Jan or maybe even Feb monthly expiry.

FJ43
AAPL Jan 140s could be a play

FJ43
Set some alerts. If this goes again $4 seems like the magnet.

techno-ag
AG
Amazon near 52wl.
FJ43
Hmmmm……..

Interesting on her activity today. She's hasn't has near as much activity recently.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Holy crap. Nasdaq is actually gonna go negative
FJ43

Daily, Weekly, Monthly SPX

FJ43
I'm sitting on Feb Monthly 29C

BaylorSpineGuy
FJ43 said:

This was my only play today as posted.

Disregards all my SRs…they are scalping levels for me with alerts set.

I bought 382C Friday expiry calls in the lower wick at the arrow as it went into that red SR.
Circle is extension from the 5EMA after multiple days selling.
Box is area I posted a while back to watch for gap fill….we are here in the lower end.

We either bounce here or find the lower red SR IMO.

I'll exit all at 385ish but watching 383.82 should we bounce at all. Ehhh…..may leave trailing net free+++ should we bounce.

Whoops….not my only trade. I did buy OA's NTNX calls today.

Isn't the SPY 380 area the Model T from recent high and Oct low? Maybe we bounce here like you say? I imagine so…
Triple_Bagger
Sell algo turned on at 9:00pm. Is that when Asia markets open?
wanderer
Geez, what happened ~10min ago? The night is young, but it sliced right though 3830 support

lobwedgephil
Triple_Bagger said:

Sell algo turned on at 9:00pm. Is that when Asia markets open?
Japan interest rate decision, etc.
Triple_Bagger

wanderer
Yen is up 3% against the dollar. I would think that'd be good for US equities......but it appears I'm wrong.

Apparently ECON 202/203 didn't prep me for understanding this.
lobwedgephil
Think it is the surprise that has us down for now.
Philip J Fry
AG
DNN back to 1.10. Looking for a good entry tomorrow
FJ43
Yep. 379.30ish.

Watch for an RDR today. Classic setup for it.
Multiple down trend days- opens above prior close - trades below prior low - closes above prior close.

If so dead cat bounce long is my play.

BaylorSpineGuy
FJ43 said:

Yep. 379.30ish.

Watch for an RDR today. Classic setup for it.
Multiple down trend days- opens above prior close - trades below prior low - closes above prior close.

If so dead cat bounce long is my play.

Sagely wisdom right there!
ProgN
Morning gang,

If you've been here a few years then you've seen me post this before.

With severe temps below 25F upon us for a few days, if your homes use heat pump systems, then use 'Emergency/auxiliary Heat" only or you can damage your compressor and outside fan motors, especially if precipitation comes with the arctic blast.

Your outside unit will turn into a block of ice. Yes, it will go into defrost but then it will immediately freeze up again once the defrost drops out. This wear and tear could cause severe damage to your system. I doubt anyone wants that avoidable expense when summer comes back in a few months.

Good luck on the field of battle today.

Merry Christmas
Philip J Fry
AG
Tell me I'm dumb not buying into BOIL at these levels.
southernskies
Triple_Bagger
Philip J Fry said:

You're not dumb but tough to say trading Nat Gas is smart
techno-ag
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Really good opportunity if you can afford to hold on to it for a while.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Wild i would have thought it would be up with the weaker usd but it's getting crushed. I'll pick some up when nymex hits $5 (chart the underlying not the derivative)
Triple_Bagger
Sold some 1/20 BOIL P25s @4.4
techno-ag
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

techno-ag said:

irish pete ag06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

QQQ 270 feels like destiny

Could see a re-test of 280 or slightly below then a swift ride down after.

Didn't even get that re-test, and we're almost there.
Sold my accumulation of TQQQ at 22. At 18 today it's looking mighty tempting to jump back in.
I think you'll see it get below 18.

Bottom of the channel is comin in hot.

Could that channel touch be the start of the *potential* Santa Rally?

Good call on TQQQ.
Golf1
AG
Really want to see TSLA at 149 to look at puts expiring next week or 2.
Golf1
AG
I'm probably early but I went ahead and got dec 30 145p
SoTXAg09
AG
ENPH might be putting in an RDR today.
First Page Last Page
Page 5891 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.