Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,047,413 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
TubTub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking for long term buys with year end bonus if you guys have any suggestion. Something like 2025 Disney $100 LEAPS
Brewmaster
AG
TubTub said:

Looking for long term buys with year end bonus if you guys have any suggestion. Something like 2025 Disney $100 LEAPS
wait til February, the fun is just getting started. That or go with TLT leaps, lol.
CheladaAg
AG
$GOLD leaps? Looks like it's back testing some support right now. Anyone else have thoughts on $GOLD?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
perma Brew doomster said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Well BOIL was looking good and then went off a cliff...
it's a leveraged ETF, it's bound to dump after rips
I'm well aware how leveraged ETF's work. Nat gas still went off a cliff.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
They're trying again to push it down.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Looks like we revisit that 392 buy zone again this morning. But will it hold?

Narrator: it would not, in fact, hold...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That TQQQ position I liquidated earlier this month was a damn good decision. Got plenty of bullets for UPRO now.

Put in a buy ladder in the 28 - 32 range.
Brewmaster
AG
downtrend line broken with that big candle up.
TubTub
perma Brew doomster said:

TubTub said:

wait til February, the fun is just getting started. That or go with TLT leaps, lol.
I actually already bought 2025 $100 TLT LEAPS last month!!
Triple_Bagger
I'm having great success selling CCs against BOIL. Just rolled my ITM CCs out to January for $450/contract. Few more months like this and all my BOIL shares will be net free. My net cost per share is $19 after today's roll.
EnronAg
AG
I don't even know who "they" is, but for you savy market guys on here, are they really gonna puke this thing before Christmas?!?
Swollen Thumb
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

I'm having great success selling CCs against BOIL. Just rolled my ITM CCs out to January for $450/contract. Few more months like this and all my BOIL shares will be net free. My net cost per share is $19 after today's roll.
Doing the same. Legged in with 100 shares at around $35 a couple weeks ago before it got hammered, sold 2 cash covered Jan $20P when it got hit last week which I bought back this week for a $500 gain (taking basis to $30). Then sold a Jan $50CC for over $8 a couple days ago when it peaked taking basis to $22. And this morning sold 2 more Jan $25P for $5 while still holding the CCs. So if it ends up higher than $25, I'm looking at a $12 basis (and would be happy have the $50CC called. If the $25Ps were to get assigned, basis for the 300 shares would be just over $20. Just playing the yo yo on this one to see if I can eventually get net free. I've been doing this on SAVA also for over a year and have gotten net free purely off premium.
Spoony Love
AG
You ever get the sense that a puke is being held back? That's what I think is happening. Someone somewhere is holding this back from filling the gap below.
techno-ag
AG
TQQQ at sub $20 is starting to look like early November again. All my loose change is still in BOIL at the moment though.
GreasenUSA
AG
Spoony Love said:

You ever get the sense that a puke is being held back? That's what I think is happening. Someone somewhere is holding this back from filling the gap below.
S&P is down over 5% in less than 3 sessions. Probably needs a day or so to rest here before more downside. It's also got the 50 SMA just below here to contend with.
wanderer
Talking about the 385.12 SPY gap from 11/8?
Spoony Love
AG
Yeah, the 50 is what I was watching it to target if it lost 390. Maybe it will touch it before day end.

I just want to get the gap fill over with.
GreasenUSA
AG
Spoony Love said:

Yeah, the 50 is what I was watching it to target if it lost 390. Maybe it will touch it before day end.

I may sit out from trading tomorrow if we end up staying within today's range.
Ag CPA
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Spoony Love said:

S&P is down over 5% in less than 3 sessions. Probably needs a day or so to rest here before more downside. It's also got the 50 SMA just below here to contend with.
Art Cashin said that Monday and Tuesday could be rough if 3900 doesn't hold (discussed on CNBC this morning when it was still above):

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/12/15/art-cashin-sp-has-to-hold-3900-or-new-selling-could-happen-monday-and-tuesday.html
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Spoony Love said:

Sit out quad witching after a week like this!? Where's your sense of adventure!?
GreasenUSA
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

GreasenUSA said:

Spoony Love said:

Sit out quad witching after a week like this!? Where's your sense of adventure!?
Hah! It's been a very profitable week. Hard to keep the foot on the gas after several great setups.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
This is why you wait for the right setup and scratch if you don't like it.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
TSLA kind of pissed me off. It triggered a bull flag and then failed. On a day like today, you are extra rigid on stops. It was the right call to abort that.
wanderer
What the heck happened to FIS today? Gapped up ~2.5% this morning on the announcement of new leadership and is currently down ~4% on the day. I realize the indexes are all crap today, but weird price action for sure.
Triple_Bagger
That's awesome! We have similar taste. I do this with SAVA as well.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think 3900 pin. I am going to try a short iron butterfly, 10 wide, because we are trading right on it.

For the unwashed this is a 3900/3910 call credit spread and a 3900/3890 put credit spread for a net credit.
sts7049
AG
irish pete ag06
AG
QQQ 270 feels like destiny

Could see a re-test of 280 or slightly below then a swift ride down after.
BaylorSpineGuy
I almost bit on a 3890 SPX put when it was at 3907 after
Rejection at 3910. Would've been a 3 bagger at this point. Oh well, lol…..
ProgN
irish pete ag06 said:

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I think 3900 pin. I am going to try a short iron butterfly, 10 wide, because we are trading right on it.

For the unwashed this is a 3900/3910 call credit spread and a 3900/3890 put credit spread for a net credit.

Order to buy back at 2.40. Let's see if we get it.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Cash settled for $3.50 in credit. Not bad.
SoTXAg09
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Cash settled for $3.50 in credit. Not bad.

Thanks!
Brewmaster
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Could see a re-test of 280 or slightly below then a swift ride down after.
agree, and I bet it happens after that retrace to 280 or so. Q's look so weak too. the last couple S&P bounces and Q's barely move up.

sort of related...

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Re: these goons. I never like to see someone ruin their life especially after tasting success, but it did piss me off that they were seemingly extraordinarily successful without realistically putting the time and effort in.

First Page Last Page
Page 5885 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.