Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,050,733 Views | 231664 Replies | Last: 42 sec ago by I bleed maroon
wanderer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
and for the first time in 2.5yrs, WWR price starts with a 0
Diggity
AG
don't worry, we weren't expected to start making money on this one until 2025
Ag CPA
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Low volume, algo driven. Happens all the time. Basically a flattish week.

I don't know, I'm guessing the S&P was down at least 3% this week and it seems like it's been awhile since we had a drop like that.
AgCPA95
AG
wanderer said:

Gotta be a lot of tax loss harvesting taking place prior to year end.
bcasey03
AG
AgCPA95 said:

wanderer said:

Here
Philip J Fry
AG
AgCPA95 said:

wanderer said:

Said that this time last year too.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think you have to assume short from where we are.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
FJ43
That was tough to read brother. "I sold a rifle." Had to check I read that right.

But….3x is hard to turn down. The blessing here is you have margin to buy another and some spending money.

That's how I'd spin it anyway.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

lobwedgephil

I think you have to assume short from where we are.
Parked us right on 3930ish support, setup for large move next week. Excuse continuous contract value, setup still the same.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Bold prediction here:

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

...couple feb spy 330/321 put spreads, just in case

Give it to me
BaylorSpineGuy

This is a nice video on how next week might play out. Good stuff here. Even talks a little trading strategy which he normally doesn't do much.

He also calls for a big dump in the next week or so but thinks we may rally briefly with the Fed before tanking it.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Whenever I see an Elliot wave count, I just stop.
Philip J Fry
AG
Walker is clear he doesn't trade Elliot wave. He just uses it to build scenarios that might play out.
BaylorSpineGuy

Whenever I see an Elliot wave count, I just stop.

I get it. To reiterate, he doesn't trade it, but he just uses it to estimate the moves. He's been absolute nails this past month, and has called exact top and bottom and has great swing trading and reversal signals.

I don't follow him for that, but he's an expert of the use of the 50/200 SMA, 10/20 EMA, and others. It's worth a watch and I just skip forward when I feel like he's being redundant.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
The good news is we will know soon.

Don't forget gap above at 420

392 breaking is what you need to do watch.
Philip J Fry
AG
My only issue with RW is that he tends to ramble a bit and never really indicates he believes a reversal has happened. For the most part, if you draw the challenge bars they've held up fine. I'm actually annoyed I haven't done better in this market as reliable as the channel lines have been.
BaylorSpineGuy
Philip J Fry said:

My only issue with RW is that he tends to ramble a bit and never really indicates he believes a reversal has happened. For the most part, if you draw the challenge bars they've held up fine. I'm actually annoyed I haven't done better in this market as reliable as the channel lines have been.

Lol same. This most recent video he goes into trading a bit more which I haven't seen him do lol.

Also of note, looks like oil/USO about to reverse. Call buyers yesterday at numerous strikes. I may buy calls on Monday.
FJ43
Gap below also could fill. Feels like we see 370 before we see 420
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43

Remember he is a level to level trader. If this then that. He has levels for both directions.

Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

I want to agree, but my thought is the put / call ratio. I remember seeing a tweet recently, there are a TON of puts out there expecting this next week to be a blood bath.

Oh, OPEX is next week too?!

found it, highest since early 1997!

BaylorSpineGuy
I think December OpEx is typically bullish flows (much like June) whereas Sept/March are frequently more bearish quad witching OpEx's.

No idea how it will play out but expect there will be headfakes all over the place! I'm gonna tell myself daily not to carry overnight options/positions this week on the indexes since it'll be so volatile.
Philip J Fry
AG
Has anyone asked ChatGBT for stock picks?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I did. It just gave a vague non-answer, sadly.
Philip J Fry
AG
So not WWR.
GreasenUSA
AG
Philip J Fry said:

So not WWR.
Any chance you could certify Texas 42 with the newest Pixel phones in the Play store? It won't show up in a search on my new Pixel 7 Pro. Or should I just find an APK to sideload?

Texas 42 has done more for my colon health than Uncle John's Bathroom Reader ever did.
Philip J Fry
AG
I was actually going to use ChatGBT to get me a head start on updating it to be ios/android multiplayer compatible.
GreasenUSA
AG
Philip J Fry said:

I was actually going to use ChatGBT to get me a head start on updating it to be ios/android multiplayer compatible.
That would also be awesome.
59 South
AG
Well it's time I show up to be a smart A. Nobody knows the future. Few understand this. #blessed

For my pal farmer, it's cold AF here and Jerry Lee is on BBC 2 so I guess that's bullish crude !!!

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Great Balls Of Fire!

59S, put the big coat on!

My backyard got to a high of 30 today, but Tuesday & Wednesday could be some real workouts with snow in the forecast. Got 5 inches this past Thursday.

Media spin here in U.S., they say we got plenty of energy. However, diesel and heat oil in the Northeast U.S. has quite the spread, diesel is $6+ and heating oil $3.35, it's the same stuff except for the dye.

You guys know the truth across the pond. Germany issued emergency thermostat decreases for heat as LNG supplies are getting consumed too fast. Crude....it's just a matter of time to let the silliness of the shorting run its course. Large bets put on crude demand decreasing because of the 'forthcoming' recession. Old style thinking not going to work this time and I'm an old style thinker.

Russia has yet to issue a formal response to the G7 Price Caps. That will be interesting.

Turkey stopping crude cargo's in the Straights because they're checking freighters cargo insurance. LOL! Turkey trying to play with EU.

Bottomline, big coat warning! Bundle up.

Otherwise, I hope all is well.

lobwedgephil
perma Brew doomster said:

FJ43 said:

I want to agree, but my thought is the put / call ratio. I remember seeing a tweet recently, there are a TON of puts out there expecting this next week to be a blood bath.

Oh, OPEX is next week too?!

found it, highest since early 1997!

This keeps getting posted, but the rebuttal needs to be posted as well. People also speculate this is reason vix has stayed muted all year, so much 0DTE that exists now.

cjo03
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Great Balls Of Fire!

59S, put the big coat on!

My backyard got to a high of 30 today, but Tuesday & Wednesday could be some real workouts with snow in the forecast. Got 5 inches this past Thursday.

Media spin here in U.S., they say we got plenty of energy. However, diesel and heat oil in the Northeast U.S. has quite the spread, diesel is $6+ and heating oil $3.35, it's the same stuff except for the dye.

You guys know the truth across the pond. Germany issued emergency thermostat decreases for heat as LNG supplies are getting consumed too fast. Crude....it's just a matter of time to let the silliness of the shorting run its course. Large bets put on crude demand decreasing because of the 'forthcoming' recession. Old style thinking not going to work this time and I'm an old style thinker.

Russia has yet to issue a formal response to the G7 Price Caps. That will be interesting.

Turkey stopping crude cargo's in the Straights because they're checking freighters cargo insurance. LOL! Turkey trying to play with EU.

Bottomline, big coat warning! Bundle up.

Otherwise, I hope all is well.

in UT we've needed our big coats earlier this year than last.. at a minimum, should make for some great skiing. making farmer correct is just icing.

ProgN
Interesting
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Stop.
I can only get so hard
First Page Last Page
Page 5875 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.