Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,050,829 Views | 231664 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by I bleed maroon
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

2 year treasury is now 15 basis points below where rates will be in 8 days. This is the first time this has happened during the Fed's current tightening cycle. For the past year, the 2 year treasury has listened to Powell and other members, and accelerated past where the next move was anticipated to go.

Translated: Market is telling the FED, "you don't have the balls to keep rates at next week's level for very long."

We are in a dangerous place for fiscal policy at the moment.
Can confirm... big investment and big insurance have all said the same thing in the meetings I've had.
LMCane
irish pete ag06 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

2 year treasury is now 15 basis points below where rates will be in 8 days. This is the first time this has happened during the Fed's current tightening cycle. For the past year, the 2 year treasury has listened to Powell and other members, and accelerated past where the next move was anticipated to go.

Translated: Market is telling the FED, "you don't have the balls to keep rates at next week's level for very long."

Can confirm... big investment and big insurance have all said the same thing in the meetings I've had.
can you expound on this point- what happens if Powell says

"I don't care about the 2 year or the inverted yield curve- we are moving forward with 50 basis increase in December"
irish pete ag06
AG
LMCane said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

can you expound on this point- what happens if Powell says

"I don't care about the 2 year or the inverted yield curve- we are moving forward with 50 basis increase in December"
Then they're wrong. Haha
Bonfire1996
AG
They aren't calling the bluff of next week. 50 bp is confirmed. The 2 year is calling the bluff of subsequent increases, which the FED has stated are coming.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I bought a couple 395 calls for tomorrow
techno-ag
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

They aren't calling the bluff of next week. 50 bp is confirmed. The 2 year is calling the bluff of subsequent increases, which the FED has stated are coming.
Yeah the market has really been thumbing its nose at Powell lately.
Brewmaster
AG
hook close 390 or lower coming OR reverse up to model T? (400 ish).

Star this if think model T.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I guess I'm gonna join carebear's team for a while because i don't think we see 400 again soon, but i do think we tag that 395ish level again tomorrow, at which point I'll unload these calls and see if puts make sense
BaylorSpineGuy
Charismatic Megafauna said:

I guess I'm gonna join carebear's team for a while because i don't think we see 400 again soon, but i do think we tag that 395ish level again tomorrow, at which point I'll unload these calls and see if puts make sense

Lol I'm kinda in the 400 camp before more pain. It just seems like a big move without some correction.
BaylorSpineGuy
I actually closed a 390P today that wasn't set to expire until 12/30. Took a small loss on it but didn't feel I had a good position on the trade and made back quite a bit on it over last few days. I'm sure that trade will end up being fine but I did not like carrying big option trades overnight and this was certainly a big trade for me. It was hard to watch a good trade go deep red, and stomaching a big loss waiting for the turndown that ultimately did was just stressful.
I picked up the short position the day or two before the Powell rally last week and I didn't close it when it rallied up (dumb move!).

So again, a wise lesson learned with almost no skin off my back is a lesson worth learning. I didn't blow up my account and am happy for that.
BaylorSpineGuy
Bonfire1996 said:

So if the 2 yr yield is gonna drop (and looks to have already peaked), are there any leveraged ETF's to trade to gain exposure to the short term bond?

It looks like it's in a big H&S pattern now with the neckline around 4.25. A break below there and it could drop pretty aggressively with significant move in bond price.
ProgN

I thought you were about to say your wife is pregnant with a boy too.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Oh hell no. 2 boys and a girl and snip snip
FJ43

That BOIL volume has been intense

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Ok degenerates….post away. Prog will chime in for sure.

Interesting chart for ya….

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

ProgN
FJ43 said:

They have excellent 'articles'.
irish pete ag06
AG
I was in this a while back but got tired of waiting on that rounded bottom, so I pulled out.
khkman22
AG
This one is up and down so I keep going back and forth, and usually wind up caught in the middle. It can lead to a wild ride, but I'm normally in and out in a few minutes.
techno-ag
AG
FJ43 said:

That BOIL volume has been intense

Everybody wants in at the low.
irish pete ag06
AG
FJ43 said:

In all seriousness, I can't believe this one hasn't had it's big meme day yet. Fits the bill for that.
Madmarttigan
AG
Looks like mmat may be getting back on the meme menu
ProgN
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11508869/Walmart-CEO-warns-retail-giant-HIKE-prices-shut-stores-thefts-continue.html

I'd support chopping off the hand of a thief.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Do we get gap down open green day to keep us in this range until JPow?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I just looked at CVNA. Wow!
BaylorSpineGuy
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I just looked at CVNA. Wow!

This may be the first zombie company to die. It's getting close. Down about 98.5% from ATH.
Philip J Fry
AG
It's just a gimck company, right? Isn't this the company that has "vending" machines? What kind of business plan is that?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BOIL gap up.
cgh1999
AG
ASO with a solid beat and is up over 8%!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG

Dammit. I had orders in for expiring 392p for .55 and they didn't fill and i didn't chase
Philip J Fry
AG
DNN is looking temping.
TheVarian
AG
Sold some Apple stock and have some money to play with.

Have been eyeballing DNN and Gold for some time. I'm a newbie and should know more than I do right now but are those two good long term holds?
Philip J Fry
AG
I usually buy DNN around $1 and then sell at 1.25. Rinse and repeat.
Triple_Bagger
cgh1999 said:

ASO with a solid beat and is up over 8%!
I just bought a new gun from Academy last week. You're welcome
Triple_Bagger
TheVarian said:

Sold some Apple stock and have some money to play with.

Have been eyeballing DNN and Gold for some time. I'm a newbie and should know more than I do right now but are those two good long term holds?
Uranium is a gamble so I wouldn't recommend DNN as a longterm hold.
Gold could be a good one, especially if the fed pivots next year, but is also a gamble.

IMO, good longterm buys today are PARA, VZ, GOOGL, BRKB, MO.

Oh and have you heard of WWR. At $1.02 per share, it's a pretty cheap entry into our cult.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Let's squeeze this **** to 3980. Because why not.
First Page Last Page
Page 5868 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.