Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,054,551 Views | 231689 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ragoo said:

Is BOIL a leveraged ETF? Don't they all decay over time?

Yes. I want to see how we open but I will defend through covered calls.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
techno-ag
AG
It moves so much over a week or two sometimes that decay is the last thing you worry about.
Philip J Fry
AG
For the decay, Can you just buy and sell the same day every so often to rest it?
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Ragoo said:

if you've not already sold them or bought puts, you will have to do some flipping, no?
Brewmaster
AG
Philip J Fry said:

For the decay, Can you just buy and sell the same day every so often to rest it?
Yes, scalp it, don't hold. which I think you already do, right?

apologies to those that are long it, hopefully at least model T's back up this week.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
perma Brew doomster said:

Ragoo said:

if you've not already sold them or bought puts, you will have to do some flipping, no?

I'll sell ITM calls to get out basically.
Heineken-Ashi
wanderer said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

This action in nat gas is the kind of thing that happens at the end of a trend. And that trend has been down since end of last winter.

NG trend has been down since August, but definitely not since last winter.

The 1-2 month move up we had retraced the losses from the big move down following winter. Then it lost all ground and dropped to new lows. Admittedly, those 1-2 months were a solid uptrend and you could have made some serious money, but it didn't establish a new bull market and it definitely didn't establish itself. It's a very clear bear market bounce looking back. It's a very similar layout to what happens when anything hits a blow off top. You end up with a wonky looking bra where the right cup hangs lower than the left. That's why I'm not convinced it's not going lower in one more final move. And the daily trend is now firmly back down. But once it finishes and established the next move up, it will be very lucrative.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Heineken-Ashi
And watch NG futures to determine trend, not an ETF. ETF's are reactionary, even if closely linked. The best picture is the commodity itself.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
wanderer
Last winter....

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
We'll be able to get out. Don't worry.

If it's not trending up by morning, I'm going to sell ITM cc to escape.
Heineken-Ashi
Ok I'm a couple months off.

bmoochie
AG
Off topic a little but I thought you could choose which shares to be assigned? I had some Mara shares and did CCs on them. Some I had at $6.60 and others around $7.50. But I wanted to unload the $6.60 ones for my $6.50 cc but it took the higher ones. Any help is appreciated
Triple_Bagger
BOIL is going to test my discipline today. Do I respect the $30 stop I gave this trade?
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Somewhere around 3 to 4am this morning, Russia gave double birds to the West declaring price caps will destabilize crude pricing. Brent and WTI took notice. Maybe that crude options trader that Kramer talked to a few days back, noting that crude would be the mother of all buys after Thanksgiving is having champagne this morning..

ETA - btw if you never had champagne and quiche for breakfast, try it, you'll like it!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

BOIL is going to test my discipline today. Do I respect the $30 stop I gave this trade?

I'm going to sell ITM cc on this.
irish pete ag06
AG

Triple_Bagger said:

For Friday?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BOIL -13%
kyle field 94
AG
bmoochie said:

Off topic a little but I thought you could choose which shares to be assigned? I had some Mara shares and did CCs on them. Some I had at $6.60 and others around $7.50. But I wanted to unload the $6.60 ones for my $6.50 cc but it took the higher ones. Any help is appreciated

Yes you should be able to adjust this. What brokerage are you using?

I use fidelity and adjust all the time to manage which shares get sold or assigned. In fidelity, under closed positions, you can select lot reallocation and pick which lots get selected.

I am not sure how much time that you might have to do this, as it might only be a few days after assignment
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Triple_Bagger said:

For Friday?

Possibly. I want to see this get at least a bit of a bounce before I do it. I will post here what I do.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG

irish pete ag06 said:

Triple_Bagger said:

For Friday?

Possibly. I want to see this get at least a bit of a bounce before I do it. I will post here what I do.

There are going to be a lot of people exiting right at the open on this.
bmoochie
AG
E*Trade
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Here's what I'm thinking. I want to give this at least thirty minutes to deal with the cash session open.

If we set a low, if we lose that low, I will sell ITM covered calls out a couple of weeks. I will post here what I do.

If we advance up, I want to sell cc around 32 if we get there.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Look at the volume. Lots of buyers here.

Heineken-Ashi
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Somewhere around 3 to 4am this morning, Russia gave double birds to the West declaring price caps will destabilize crude pricing. Brent and WTI took notice. Maybe that crude options trader that Kramer talked to a few days back, noting that crude would be the mother of all buys after Thanksgiving is having champagne this morning..

ETA - btw if you never had champagne and quiche for breakfast, try it, you'll like it!

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Have a 2% trailing buy on BOIL that should be triggering at 30.
techno-ag
AG
Watching closely. Sub $30 is an excellent price. $23 is its 52wl.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Already up to average volume.
cryption
KIRK has 5x the daily volume over the last 30 days, news incoming?
Triple_Bagger
RE: BOIL

I didn't respect my stop (degenerate).

Averaged down to a $31/share cost. Sold 12/16 C30s @4 per contract against all shares. Will net $300/lot if called away on 12/16 (~10% profit).

I typically target 10-15% monthly profit on buy/writes, so this isn't too bad considering the shorter time frame (2 weeks).

We'll see if it holds.
wanderer
So far it looks like the initial move yesterday was the fakeout.

/CL diving $3+ this morn
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
CPI will show improvement
irish pete ag06
AG

Descending triangle on OXY
Boy Named Sue
AG
Great. I got in OXY at $69.42.
First Page Last Page
Page 5865 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.