Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,901,570 Views | 227751 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by ProgN
topher06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Loading some XOM calls.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Same strategy as yesterday.

Limit $19 put credit spread 3975/3955.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Same strategy as yesterday.

Limit $19 put credit spread 3975/3955.

Not filled yet.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Filled. Let's see if we can get a nice spike here.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Five minutes for glory. Let's get to 3965
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Eh. $150 for our trouble net.

topher06
They certainly captured some premiums today.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
topher06 said:

So guess the China reopening thing never panned out.
I have nothing on this. Still waiting to reopen, I guess.

Not sure they'll reopen until people stop asking where their money is for the house they have been paying for for the last 10 - 15 - 20 years. The financial and real estate market implosion in China is the reason for the lockdown but they call it Covid for a while yet..
ProgN
WTF did CRWD say in their ER? I'm not in it so I don't follow it closely.
AgEng06
AG
Wow. Dropped 20%.
FJ43
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
At first glance the only negative is slowing growth in subscriptions, everything else is meet/beat/raise. Not sure how the street can expect them to double every year infinitely?
FJ43

So don't pay attention to all my SRs. They are just my personal scalping lines.

Upper box looks like consolidation.
Lower box is gap that is still open.
Upper green arrow is what I posted I want to see tested.
Lower yellow arrow is Powell being a jerk.
406ish is Powell pumping

Lotto can go either way. For me any weakness early would be 400C for Friday.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43

Gents….went back and looked at a clean, longer trend SPX chart. Changing my lotto play. Might look to puts on any move up early.

This is typically not a bullish pattern. TA says we are headed back down.

Unless Powell pumps the market tomorrow…..

FJ43
This is bullish….

BaylorSpineGuy
FJ43 said:

Gents….went back and looked at a clean, longer trend SPX chart. Changing my lotto play. Might look to puts on any move up early.

Looks to me like double top has formed here and is now resting on lower boundary of rising wedge. Today was candle of indecision after a big down day yesterday.

Will Powell crash the market? Fed chairmen were hawkish earlier this week and market blew off Powell last time around (bullish seasonality then vs opening for weakness?). SKEW has been rising and a number of other signals suggest top has formed or is completing/completed.

Market could rally up to the gap from Monday, fill the gap, rise to tag the 200 MA or follow through to downside.

Volatility should be up. This feels sorta like Jackson Hole a few months back.

Fed funds rate is now higher than 10Y bond yield. Recession is close.

Someone once said, trade wisely! If the market rallies tomorrow on Powell, consider it manna from heaven and load short position near upper boundary of the rising wedge. My puts are in place if there is follow through.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

FJ43 said:

Looks to me like double top has formed here and is now resting on lower boundary of rising wedge. Today was candle of indecision after a big down day yesterday.

Will Powell crash the market? Fed chairmen were hawkish earlier this week and market blew off Powell last time around (bullish seasonality then vs opening for weakness?). SKEW has been rising and a number of other signals suggest top has formed or is completing/completed.

Market could rally up to the gap from Monday, fill the gap, rise to tag the 200 MA or follow through to downside.

Volatility should be up. This feels sorta like Jackson Hole a few months back.

Fed funds rate is now higher than 10Y bond yield. Recession is close.

Someone once said, trade wisely! If the market rallies tomorrow on Powell, consider it manna from heaven and load short position near upper boundary of the rising wedge. My puts are in place if there is follow through.
Powell is aware of the yield inversion so he knows smart money already knows so I'd expect him to come out neutral tomorrow, not bearish or bullish. It's Christmas and I don't expect him to be the grinch, or Santa. He'll probably keep his market killing statements on hold until January, IMO. The market would probably take that scenario as a positive but I lean more that way than the other.
FJ43
Traders market still. I will scale in hedges around 406 SPY then add at about 411 trendline. Im mostly cash at present.

ProgN
FJ43 said:

Im mostly cash at present.
I wish I knew how to let your beautiful bride know that before Christmas.
FJ43
ProgN said:

FJ43 said:

She never asks how much. Just did you win today.

ProgN
FJ43 said:

ProgN said:

FJ43 said:

She never asks how much. Just did you win today.
SoTXAg09
AG
FJ43 said:

This is bullish….

You have a specific plan?
bmoochie
AG
FJ43 said:

This is bullish….

How would this affect a company like Nucor you think? One of my customers and they are on track for their best year I was told. Their largest customer is Amazon. Just don't know how to combine that information into a profitable outcome besides buying outright shares. Currently trading at $147ish
topher06
Premarket SPY starts +1.2, not that it really matter with everything being released and then that ******* JPow taking the mic
BaylorSpineGuy
We have been in this 390-403 trading range for almost 3 weeks (13 trading days including today). Needs something to incite the next move up or down.

Good luck today everyone.
FJ43
Interesting take

topher06
Jobs report massively underwhelming - 127,000 versus median forecast of 190,000 - good for market cause Fed might ease. See what Powell says though.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
topher06 said:

Jobs report massively underwhelming - 127,000 versus median forecast of 190,000 - good for market cause Fed might ease. See what Powell says though.

GDP came in at 2.9% vs 2.6% estimated. Not sure what Jpow will think

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Golf1
AG
You could give me any report/speech 24 hours before it happens and I couldn't tell you which way the market will go
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Couple that GDP rise with this snippet below from Talking Alpha this morning.

"All current 30 NATO nations have agreed to spend at least 2% of their GDPs on defense by 2025, and while only a third of those members have met the threshold, the latest developments should accelerate a drive for achieving their targets."

LMT, NOC and RTX would benefit from the above.
FJ43
And me

Golf1
AG
Anyone have any advice on swinging options 2-4 weeks out during events/speeches? I typically don't like holding anything during earnings/speeches and lost my butt doing it during one of the recent reports. I just don't know if it's the right move to dump trades always before or just hold them out.
Currently have calls in VIX I plan on holding but I have puts in IWM that expire Jan 20 that I can't decide on.
gougler08
AG
I like MU at this area, sold Dec puts to either pocket premium or pick up the shares at <$50
wanderer
Something odd going on with little 'ol UWMC. Huge volume spike this morning and over 20k 12/2 $4.50c bought.
ProgN
Put NFLX on your watchlists. It looks like it's about to go.
First Page Last Page
Page 5857 of 6508

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.