Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,980,485 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been stopped out of BOIL multiple times. Every time I put a stop loss, it flashes down just to my level and proceeds to bounce back up for a gain.
ProgN
tailgatetimer10 said:

If data centers are being built, nvda is pumping cash flow
Quote:

NVIDIA Teams With Microsoft to Build Massive Cloud AI Computer

9:00 am ET November 16, 2022 (Globe Newswire) Print

Tens of Thousands of NVIDIA GPUs, NVIDIA Quantum-2 InfiniBand and Full Stack of NVIDIA AI Software Coming to Azure; NVIDIA, Microsoft and Global Enterprises to Use Platform for Rapid, Cost-Effective AI Development and DeploymentGlobeNewswireNovember 16, 2022
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Nov. 16, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NVIDIA today announced a multi-year collaboration with Microsoft to build one of the most powerful AI supercomputers in the world, powered by Microsoft Azure's advanced supercomputing infrastructure combined with NVIDIA GPUs, networking and full stack of AI software to help enterprises train, deploy and scale AI, including large, state-of-the-art models.

Azure's cloud-based AI supercomputer includes powerful and scalable ND- and NC-series virtual machines optimized for AI distributed training and inference. It is the first public cloud to incorporate NVIDIA's advanced AI stack, adding tens of thousands of NVIDIA A100 and H100 GPUs, NVIDIA Quantum-2 400Gb/s InfiniBand networking and the NVIDIA AI Enterprise software suite to its platform.

As part of the collaboration, NVIDIA will utilize Azure's scalable virtual machine instances to research and further accelerate advances in generative AI, a rapidly emerging area of AI in which foundational models like Megatron Turing NLG 530B are the basis for unsupervised, self-learning algorithms to create new text, code, digital images, video or audio.

The companies will also collaborate to optimize Microsoft's DeepSpeed deep learning optimization software. NVIDIA's full stack of AI workflows and software development kits, optimized for Azure, will be made available to Azure enterprise customers.

"AI technology advances as well as industry adoption are accelerating. The breakthrough of foundation models has triggered a tidal wave of research, fostered new startups and enabled new enterprise applications," said Manuvir Das, vice president of enterprise computing at NVIDIA. "Our collaboration with Microsoft will provide researchers and companies with state-of-the-art AI infrastructure and software to capitalize on the transformative power of AI."

"AI is fueling the next wave of automation across enterprises and industrial computing, enabling organizations to do more with less as they navigate economic uncertainties," said Scott Guthrie, executive vice president of the Cloud + AI Group at Microsoft. "Our collaboration with NVIDIA unlocks the world's most scalable supercomputer platform, which delivers state-of-the-art AI capabilities for every enterprise on Microsoft Azure."
Skynet is born and will be run by Megatron, what could go wrong.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Philip J Fry said:

I've been stopped out of BOIL multiple times. Every time I put a stop loss, it flashes down just to my level and proceeds to bounce back up for a gain.

I trade small, very wide stops.
Bonfire1996
AG
New car sales unexpectedly very strong for October. Key FED gauge. FED wants to see that flat to negative to indicate waning demand. Consumers blew right through the higher rates and kept buying everything being produced.
Triple_Bagger
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Philip J Fry said:

This is the way to trade BOIL. Keep it small and use generous stops. 20% daily swings are common with BOIL.

Other way is to do buy/writes. Premiums are usually juiced.
Bonfire1996
AG
I've been in cash for a few weeks. I just opened an overall short position with TGT results and massive MU warn and reduction in production.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Triple_Bagger said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

Philip J Fry said:

This is the way to trade BOIL. Keep it small and use generous stops. 20% daily swings are common with BOIL.

Other way is to do buy/writes. Premiums are usually juiced.

Yep. If you widen your stops, you have to lower your portion size in order to keep the same max loss amount/percent.

Also in general when setting stops instead of setting them at a support level, realize that prices generally penetrate levels before reversing. Make sire to give your stops a little room beyond your levels for that false breakout or emotional FOMOing to happen just a bit.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
At least we've knocked Skeletor out of the Speaker role.
techno-ag
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

New car sales unexpectedly very strong for October. Key FED gauge. FED wants to see that flat to negative to indicate waning demand. Consumers blew right through the higher rates and kept buying everything being produced.
People need to drive and there's been a shortage of new vehicles. Can't say I'm surprised.
txaggie_08
AG
techno-ag said:

Bonfire1996 said:

People need to drive and there's been a shortage of new vehicles. Can't say I'm surprised.
Maybe it's a reallocation of spending habits. Can't currently afford that new home, so reallocating those funds to a new car. The American way, gotta spend that money burning a hole in your pocket.
Saltyag15
AG
techno-ag said:

Bonfire1996 said:

Definitely that. And, as a whole, we as a country have a MASSIVE spending problem. Environment be damned, I'm getting my new truck, new house, prime steaks, 17 streaming services, etc...wonder if we'll ever find the breaking point.

Edit - txaggie and I must have been typing at the same time!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Sold the rest of Spxu. Offset boil.
Bonfire1996
AG
Re: New Cars - Also don't underestimate lender's desire to open the flood gates to all comers, even credit risks, at 5%+ rates. It's like a broken record with credit markets. In 3-5 years they will wonder, "Why did we loan money to those people?!?!?"
Bonfire1996
AG
AAPL says they will fall 8 million iPhones short this quarter

Woof
FTAG 2000
AG
Well, now we know why SAVA was run up the last few days. Analyst downgrade to neutral this morning.

Created a nice gap to short.
sts7049
AG
speaking of spending...

LMCane
lobwedgephil said:

well that sounds ominous...
techno-ag
AG
EIA report is out. Oil inventories down from last week by 5.4 million barrels.
n_touch
sts7049 said:

speaking of spending...

People now turning to credit to help cover some of the higher pricing.

Spoony Love
AG
Won't be long
Triple_Bagger
Fed's Daly out this morning telling everyone to quit buying **** or we'll keep hiking rates
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Jeez the market sucks today

FTAG 2000
AG
n_touch said:

sts7049 said:

speaking of spending...

What's the best investments with respect to this?

Golf1
AG
Spy 395.90 is being a strong support level so far. If that breaks we might be retesting that 394.50 area today.
wanderer
Such a dirty stoploss candle for BOIL at 9:53 before immediately spiking
irish pete ag06
AG
Meeting with a rep from a big time bank this morning. They see 3300ish in 2023 as the last leg down.

I'm just the messenger here.
PeekingDuck
AG
That makes more sense than the recent rally. I don't think this is quite done yet.
FTAG 2000
AG
That TGT earnings report on theft is insane.

I know their leadership is super woke, but damn - why aren't they putting pressure on local officials, especially in places on the west coast?
Tony The Razor
Because they are insured and law enforcement is unable to help. More efficient to file a claim.
Bird Poo
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

To be fair, you might as well buy new because the used are market is just as bad!
GreasenUSA
AG
Indexes are hovering on the edge of a cliff here.
EngrAg14
AG
Do we think we go down to fill that gap at 380 before rising up/sideways movement after thanksgiving and likely around the NY for a retest of 400+?
Or down today and back up, before going down post thanksgiving?
Fireman
AG
sts7049 said:

speaking of spending...

I'd argue - folks are buying the same stuff, it just costs 15% to 20% more because of inflation.
LMCane
FTAG 2000 said:

n_touch said:

sts7049 said:

speaking of spending...

What's the best investments with respect to this?

I would think Bank of America, Mastercard, AMEX
LMCane
Bird Poo said:

Bonfire1996 said:

To be fair, you might as well buy new because the used are market is just as bad!
Agree with this- and I am actually dealing with this situation in the next few months.
First Page Last Page
Page 5834 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.