Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,988,390 Views | 231573 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Swollen Thumb
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

that was dirty
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Things should slow down and retrace shortly.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

In a rush this morn.

BASF to permanently downsize in Europe. Energy costs to high to operate, no duh. Green Energy Policy causing folks to lose jobs is not PC.

XOM EPS estimates falling in around $3.88, whisper at $3.90, I'm at $4.06.

Spreads & activity this morning looking similar to yesterday. XOM,..."One-ten by month end" should happen with ease and $112 is the stretch. If Hess can rally 5% on earnings, I believe XOM can too....putting $112 within reach.

Not to jinx......remember, XOM is about as generous of a stock you can get, it runs up to earnings, it runs up after earnings to dividend and it runs up after payout. We are in ATH's territory everyday now, so it's a little different. Sprinters and Distance Runners all have to take a breather every now and then, XOM runs the same way. Just keep your patience if you see dips. $104 & change is support.

Div increase should be announced unless XOM leadership waits until 4Q after elections. I'm certain Brandon has a focus on tomorrow earnings (XOM & CVX) for some negative press to throw at XOM. Time for XOM to give him a one finger salute.

3-2-1-crack spread still pointing to a 4Q XOM blowout.

I apologize to this thread. My XOM earnings estimate was way off.

You folks got all the other news.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/active-trading/051315/how-trade-stocks-hit-alltime-highs.asp

There was no overhead resistance this morning. Right now, cracking $110 "might" be a forward hurdle....until we get 1 to 2 weeks down the road.

Spreads were whacked out this morning, but are aligned now. WTI and Brent are cheap. Crude still not reflecting reality. SPR releases will soon be over.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Ragoo said:

boy load.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I put together an xsp 388/389/390 fly for .03
Ragoo
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Ragoo said:

boy load.

boat. Dammit.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
For your enjoyment.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/yfmrfq/blackrock_sent_memo_to_advisors_included_this/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Golf1
AG

I 100% believe that if athletes can't bet on sports then politicians can't trade in the market from a personal account.
Spoony Love
AG
Or from any account period.

It's not a job, but a public service. Get back to what the intention was originally.
gig em 02

Ragoo said:

boy load.

Let's keep the politics on F16.
irish pete ag06
AG

Ragoo said:

boy load.

BaylorSpineGuy
My friend who is Ortho spine surgeon I told you about last year. Came from oil money. He was Angel investor in Core Scientific, a BTC mining company. He was a billionaire (so I'm told), and had loads of this stock and I'm sure some preferred shares cause he was in this before it was public. It IPO'd around $10 and rallied to $14-15 range. It's now under 20 cents.

Wow. Just wow.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Kevin Spacey has entered the chat.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
FYI for you new found O&G Barons

OA1 posted about buying some Dec 16th $40 Call options on Antero Resources ($AR) with a target of $2.75

I followed him into this one but went with some Jan 23 dates instead. They beat on earnings and are funding $1B in stock buy backs. Currently ticking around $34.50
Spoony Love
AG
I went with a lotto SPY 380P. Maybe we get an afternoon bear run.
frankm01
BaylorSpineGuy said:

My friend who is Ortho spine surgeon I told you about last year. Came from oil money. He was Angel investor in Core Scientific, a BTC mining company. He was a billionaire (so I'm told), and had loads of this stock and I'm sure some preferred shares cause he was in this before it was public. It IPO'd around $10 and rallied to $14-15 range. It's now under 20 cents.

Wow. Just wow.
I was in CORZ in March, made a few bucks on CC's, then finally sold. Glad I got out.

As Ed Norton would say: "Be kind to the people you meet on the way up, because you're gonna meet those same people on the way down."
BlueTaze
Take away stocks and you push politicians into less visible means like Schumer, the most corrupt Senator in modern history. He always boasts about how he doesn't trade stocks.

Schumer wasn't short Indymac bank when he wrote a public letter all the way from NY, about his deep concern for regional Cali depositors clear across the country. So when Soros and other DNC shot callers took over all Indymacs billions assets, for pennies on dollar, there was no record of Schumer's kickback.
irish pete ag06
AG
Are we gonna pop 3900 today?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Maybe.

Peace folks.

techno-ag
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Wow. Just wow.
Over a billion in debt, possible bankruptcy, possible shareholder fraud suits incoming. Good grief.
SF2004
AG
Four of the largest tech companies **** the bed and gave weak guidance.

Seems legit that SPY would pump.

Scam trash market.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
SF2004 said:

Scam trash market.

Why do you still think this way?
Txducker
AG
Spy My 10day ATR range is $7.74 which makes the math: Today high 387.42 minus low of 379.68 = $7.74 the exact 10 day atr to the penny. I found that interesting that is where the 11:39 candle stopped. But it doesn't mean anything if that level gets broken.
Txducker
AG

SF2004 said:

Scam trash market.

This is where the macro market confuses me at times. After these earnings, does the economy look better than the Oct 10 low? I would say no, but the market has gone up since then. I think I have to look at larger time frames (monthly/weekly charts) and think these are just relief/mean reversion bounces. Looking at the monthly chart vs daily/weekly gives very different interpretations and this all depends on your trading time frame (day trade vs swing vs long term investment).
sts7049
AG

SF2004 said:

Scam trash market.

because they want to make it about politics only
BaylorSpineGuy
Feeling better about closing TLT calls yesterday. That was the right move.
SF2004
AG
sts7049 said:

SF2004 said:

Scam trash market.

because they want to make it about politics only
Says the guy who brought up politics.
LMCane
Headline economic news today:

1. Bond rates going up again today with the 2 year near 4.5%

2. After ECI and Core PCE signaled no end to The Fed's nemesis, this morning's UMich survey (final data for October) is the last chance to show that inflation expectations are being managed before next week's FOMC meeting. The final print for next 12 months inflation expectations was very marginally lower than the flash print (+5.0% vs +5.1%) but remains higher than the September final print of 4.7%

3. Pending Home Sales plunged 10.3% Month over month in September (way worse than the -4.0% expected), pushing the year-over-year plunge to 30.4% - its weakest since the trough of the COVID lockdown crisis.

and yet the equity markets are screaming upward. WTF?
Ragoo
AG
+770 today 1/1 on SPX trades. Quick in and out. Could have been a lot more but too busy to watch.
Dobre casy
AG
Farmer, jak se mas? I imagine you're one of the few on here that understands my username.

Really enjoying your insight on the boards. Dekuju vam!
Rebel_Lonestar
AG
Txducker said:

SF2004 said:

Scam trash market.

This is where the macro market confuses me at times. After these earnings, does the economy look better than the Oct 10 low? I would say no, but the market has gone up since then. I think I have to look at larger time frames (monthly/weekly charts) and think these are just relief/mean reversion bounces. Looking at the monthly chart vs daily/weekly gives very different interpretations and this all depends on your trading time frame (day trade vs swing vs long term investment).
I tend to agree with this. If you go back and look at the daily chart of ES, we have been seeing reversals on 0.618 fibs since December 2021, the start of the bear market. I am looking for another reversal around 3918 based on Sept. 13 high and Oct. 22 low. If we dont see a reversal there, then I am looking for 4012 as another short entry based off the high of Aug 22 and Oct 22 low.
Red Rover
AG
Wasn't around today to trade, but put on some UPRO this morning with stops that I moved up as we confirmed above MAs. I also bought 7 butterflies pinned at 3900 for $0.05 each. Nice lotto.

Also I'm walking 3 days after knee surgery. Medical advances are crazy! I had similar procedure on my other knee 30 years ago and didn't walk this well for weeks.
sts7049
AG
taking one SPX 3860P lotto for the afternoon
bmoochie
AG
I know that too! but that is the extent of my polish translation. Well except for zimne piwo!
Txducker
AG
Rebel_Lonestar said:

Txducker said:

S said:

I tend to agree with this. If you go back and look at the daily chart of ES, we have been seeing reversals on 0.618 fibs since December 2021, the start of the bear market. I am looking for another reversal around 3918 based on Sept. 13 high and Oct. 22 low. If we dont see a reversal there, then I am looking for 4012 as another short entry based off the high of Aug 22 and Oct 22 low.

on ES I see a similar level 3914.75 from 50% fib 0816H to 1010 low. There is also a monthly 5ema close by at 3909 and a Daily 100 sma at 3910.64. It is a crowded area there.
First Page Last Page
Page 5797 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.