Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,996,090 Views | 231587 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Robag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Our government is super sophisticated and sends excel sheets and doesn't even take the time to name the file, here is a snapshot of the list.

I find the order of the list intriguing, it is not in alphabetical order and the top two companies were awarded funding last week.

Here is the letter for the FOIA.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Ann C. Guy seems like the kind of name you'd come up with once you're tired of using Jane Doe

Thanks for the information
BlueTaze

Blackrock must not like this rally
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

This is awesome! Someone providing additional info I can't readily get elsewhere.

I provide nothing except dull whitted humor and lotto butterfly ideas. And I can't even provide those if I can't stop looking at Brian Earl Spilner's gif on loop.

Big salt & pepa fan, eh?
SpeedyAg90
AG
Appreciate the info, haven't gone back to look at the numbers but how much federal grant money is left on the table ?
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Nice work, thanks for posting.
Ragoo
AG
PWestAg18 said:

Ann C. Guy seems like the kind of name you'd come up with once you're tired of using Jane Doe

Thanks for the information

Ann E. Guy would have been a lot more funny.
Bird Poo
AG
SpeedyAg90 said:

Appreciate the info, haven't gone back to look at the numbers but how much federal grant money is left on the table ?

This is a great question.

Having applied for and awarded various grants for my company, I don't find it likely they would release the money in "batches". Most grants are awarded to effectively get rid of the money in the agency's "pot". They typically don't like hanging onto funding and want a home for it.

I'm interested in the scoring criteria.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
From the DOE press release:

The funding announced today is the first phase of $7 billion in total provided by the President's Bipartisan Infrastructure Law to strengthen the domestic battery supply chain by supporting upstream materials processing to create the precursor materials for batteries.

https://www.energy.gov/articles/biden-harris-administration-awards-28-billion-supercharge-us-manufacturing-batteries
Ragoo
AG
So the president whines about big oil making so much money but right there on the list is XOM.
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

FJ43 said:

Please keep this board to trading. This is a trading and investing thread where we all help each other to improve our financial lives and that of our families.

We get to vote two ways. Ballot box and bank accounts. This thread is about bank accounts.

it's 30K's fault, he started it, lol.

and in his defense, he can ask anything he wants here!
Not about 30k…you know that and I know he does as well.

Drive by posters……
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I just wanted you guys opinion. Wasn't trying to rile everyone up.

I think 3950 may be in the cards if the Nasdaq joins. Don't forget big earnings this week.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
wanderer
Excuse the colorful/busy chart and focus on the purple channel. Today's close was right at the line.

That same purple line, zoomed in on today's intraday chart. Seemed to serve as resistance/support today at times.
FJ43
wanderer said:

Excuse the colorful/busy chart and focus on the purple channel. Today's close was right at the line.

That same purple line, zoomed in on today's intraday chart. Seemed to serve as resistance/support today at times.

Today peaked right into the 50 EMA. Tomorrow will tell as long as volume associated.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

RenoAg
I think that just means they applied for some of that grant money, which is the information requested. There's already enough legit reasons to complain about brandon.
Brewmaster
AG
M4 Benelli
Some insight from SpotGamma pertaining to the hullabaloo of the past few days.

Tess Holiday long call entries closed out OPEX Friday. Market got pushed up harder than Lyle Alzado after a Sustanon injection. VIX also rose up like Val Venis after coquettishly winking at Taka Michinoku's sister. VIX up on an up day, ten-hut.

Four times over in the Hunt for Red October has VIX matched the movement whether it be Up or Down. This can be perceived as a tell that this current booty rally isn't as fake as the Housewives from Beverly Hills. Nah, this is some Teri Hatcher looking movement. "The movement is real, and it's spectacular." Well all aside from my AMD holdings which are akin to Barbara Nedeljkov with the clap. Is a 1% green day too much to ask? I digress.

There was a moderate amount of put selling on Friday that segued into Tess Holiday sized call purchases around 1pm Eastern. Power hour saw no salads at the buffet table.

Monday 3700 was a fridge magnet, but broken through like J. Morrison on a coke bender. This dude was an arts major, yet found life too difficult to bear. We need to break on through to the other side of 3900. This is feasible given that the Resident needs this upside to keep the commies marching towards Richmond. "Hey everything is looking on the up and up, lets vote these vermin in for another term!"

SPX 3900 (SPY 385) has the largest net positive gamma (acts as resistance) - this was 3700-3800 into OPEX last week. Anything above 3725 is likely bullish based on gamma weights (374 SPY; Tess's Right Thigh)

Traders are long calls and short puts, which contradicts our prior position of being pushed up by puts dying out of the money in the March to Bataan. With our current weight, we can bypass Jenny Craig and Curves, while making a pit stop at Planet Fitness for some 3900 pie. Mind you this is all from intel extracted from this GammaPoo site, so your mileage may very, and these musings make be as moot as arguing with a taser.

Put wall is 3600/360 below but that seems like a hard one to hit without some bear octane. Without some massive put buying, this thing floats like a JLO after a BBL Touch Up.
Red Rover
AG
I have a trend line that's close to Wanderer's trend line. If we hold over that and confirm over the 50-ema today or tomorrow, I'll look for other large caps that haven't but might follow or for other indexes, like QQQ or RUT, that might follow.

I've got a knee scope here in a bit, so I might actually have more time to trade later today if it goes easy.
BaylorSpineGuy
M4 Benelli said:

Some insight from SpotGamma pertaining to the hullabaloo of the past few days.

Tess Holiday long call entries closed out OPEX Friday. Market got pushed up harder than Lyle Alzado after a Sustanon injection. VIX also rose up like Val Venis after coquettishly winking at Taka Michinoku's sister. VIX up on an up day, ten-hut.

Four times over in the Hunt for Red October has VIX matched the movement whether it be Up or Down. This can be perceived as a tell that this current booty rally isn't as fake as the Housewives from Beverly Hills. Nah, this is some Teri Hatcher looking movement. "The movement is real, and it's spectacular." Well all aside from my AMD holdings which are akin to Barbara Nedeljkov with the clap. Is a 1% green day too much to ask? I digress.

There was a moderate amount of put selling on Friday that segued into Tess Holiday sized call purchases around 1pm Eastern. Power hour saw no salads at the buffet table.

Monday 3700 was a fridge magnet, but broken through like J. Morrison on a coke bender. This dude was an arts major, yet found life too difficult to bear. We need to break on through to the other side of 3900. This is feasible given that the Resident needs this upside to keep the commies marching towards Richmond. "Hey everything is looking on the up and up, lets vote these vermin in for another term!"

SPX 3900 (SPY 385) has the largest net positive gamma (acts as resistance) - this was 3700-3800 into OPEX last week. Anything above 3725 is likely bullish based on gamma weights (374 SPY; Tess's Right Thigh)

Traders are long calls and short puts, which contradicts our prior position of being pushed up by puts dying out of the money in the March to Bataan. With our current weight, we can bypass Jenny Craig and Curves, while making a pit stop at Planet Fitness for some 3900 pie. Mind you this is all from intel extracted from this GammaPoo site, so your mileage may very, and these musings make be as moot as arguing with a taser.

Put wall is 3600/360 below but that seems like a hard one to hit without some bear octane. Without some massive put buying, this thing floats like a JLO after a BBL Touch Up.

Wait! This doesn't make any sense. I thought Val Venis was with Ken Shamrock's sister?!?
topher06
Futures down slightly, let's see if UPS can deliver good news
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Hope the scope goes well, i need to get my right knee tuned up again here sometime soon
AgCPA95
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

No, it has not all been awarded.

From reading various links appears to be $2.8 billion of $7-9 billion.
M4 Benelli
Baylor, I take it you never watched the major motion picture "Land of the Rising Venis?"

BaylorSpineGuy
M4 Benelli said:

Baylor, I take it you never watched the major motion picture "Land of the Rising Venis?"

Must've missed that one.

He was one of my favorites. "Helllloooooooo, Laaaaadiieeeeeesss!!"
Heineken-Ashi
Regarding the trend lines you guys keep mentioning. Here's the ones I have. We are sitting on the lower one but didn't finish over. I do expect a continuation of upward trend. And there is some room above.

3900 range will be first resistance. Above that and 4000 will provide minor round number resistance. Next, its a fight at 4100 region. Lots of recent historical battles there. And this is a big one as a win for the bulls breaks the downward trendline that has been confirmed through the entire year and entire bear market.

Read that again. It's massive. Break that and and no resistance until previous too near 4300. Break that and it's 4600.

Keep a watch on your overbought/oversold indicators as we approach these levels. Trade smart. Let cool offs and build ups happen before you dive in with decaying options.

Good luck.

“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Considering that your bear manifesto the other day kicked off this awesome rally i think I'll take the under on this one :p
BaylorSpineGuy
For those following along, TLT is on pace to gap up this morning, leaving an "island bottom" from the previous two trading days if it can open above the Friday high.

That could be early signal for the bottom in the bond market, at least in the near term.
Heineken-Ashi
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Considering that your bear manifesto the other day kicked off this awesome rally i think I'll take the under on this one :p

The period between 2000 and 2008 was a bear market bounce. The market acted like a bull market in short bursts but chopped around and melted upward like a bear market in extended bursts.

That is why I am highlighting the very key resistance levels. If this is a new bull market we might not have complete confirmation for a while. But if it's a bear market bounce, we can use our guides - previous bounces - and play them off our key resistance levels while expecting chop and decay in between.

And until there are any meaningful economic macro market indicators that show strength building, we are in a bounce fueled by a mixture of seasonality, looming election, media gaslighting, and Cramer "FED will pivot" nonsense despite all actual evidence to the contrary. And we know O&G are about to get bullish for seasonality. And we know we hit a low with massive oversold indicators prior to getting to where we are.

So we assume bear market bounce until proven otherwise.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Today will be harder to trade I suspect.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Yesterday also not that easy.
Brewmaster
AG
M4 Benelli said:

LOL! great stuff as always brother
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I chose...poorly
lol
Spoony Love
AG
Those SPY 370P weekly expiry are looking tempting for at least a value add or actual target
Quacked
unloaded my final 61c for AMD.

Now I need XOM to run!
Brewmaster
AG
storey979 said:

unloaded my final 61c for AMD.

Now I need XOM to run!
lots of AMD flow coming in now...
First Page Last Page
Page 5785 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.