Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,998,063 Views | 231597 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by El_duderino
Bob Knights Paper Hands
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I got in on 3750 SPX puts for Wed when we crossed below Friday's close and the midpoint of the intraday channel. I hit my target in less than a minute and am out for the day. Now to go harass my wife and then get back to work.
irish pete ag06
AG
TLT collapsing again on pretty big volume, so I cut those 95s I bought on Friday for -20%
Bob Knights Paper Hands
SKEW at 116.19 is close to the bottom we saw in March 2020 and throughout the 2018/2019 mess. Maybe we'll get limit down flush some day this week and double tap that 10/13 low to form a nice reversal? A guy can dream.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is definitely algos right?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
If SPX back tests here and then confirms above opening price of 3762, I'm going to buy calls here. Half size. If it doesn't back test, I'll simply watch it power up.
Triple_Bagger
ryanhnc10 said:

Anyone starting to look at JD, NIO, or BABA?
I started a small position in BABA just under $60. High risk/reward so keeping position small.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This is definitely algos right?

Not necessarily. Big battle for control between bulls and bears as well as posturing for mega cap tech earnings.
ChemAg15
AG
Red days finish green in a bear market rally? I went long om QQQ this morning. We'll see if my theory works.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Liver said:

If SPX back tests here and then confirms above opening price of 3762, I'm going to buy calls here. Half size. If it doesn't back test, I'll simply watch it power up.

I got in and scalped for a couple points and got out. Good timing too. This may be the back test. Or we may head back down.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
It broke down. I'm calling it a day, gents. And FJ as well.
Spoony Love
AG
I'm targeting a SPY to 370 and below. Trendline SPY has followed for a while except for this latest breakout for a couple days now. It may not be today, but I think it is soon.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
These are some dirty moves this morning by MM.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Spoony Love
AG
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Considering myself fortunate at this point.

irish pete ag06
AG
Managed to make an XSP 380 0dte net free and some change.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think I'm done. Too frustrated and wanted at least $500 for my trouble.

irish pete ag06
AG
If you could guesstimate... how much time on average is spent in your winners vs your losers?
irish pete ag06
AG
Does anyone know of any sites that would link to your broker and track statistics like time spent, winners/losers, etc.

Man that kind of information would really help me learn about myself. I know I could do it manually, but objective and quickly aggregated data would be a game changer.
Spoony Love
AG
MM have choke hold on 376 right now
GreasenUSA
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Does anyone know of any sites that would link to your broker and track statistics like time spent, winners/losers, etc.

Man that kind of information would really help me learn about myself. I know I could do it manually, but objective and quickly aggregated data would be a game changer.

I tried Trademetria for a few months. While it gave some insights, I'm not sure it really helped for my style of trading. None of the programs connect to Etrade, so I ended up just going back to my spreadsheets.
irish pete ag06
AG
I am no Mancini, but I've got 3815 as the SPOT for ES

I've had that line drawn for a while. Kind of proud of it.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

BREwmaster said:

options wise, it looks like they're loading for next week. NFLX going bonkers, but other names too.
I do believe next week to be glorious.
Starting out on the right foot.

XOM,....."One-ten, by month end." Keep repeating. Ready yourself because $112 is in play, especially if $107 holds.

ABBV still maintains itself as a hot babe.

CVX, waiting on the next leg up today.

WTI:XOM spread is $22 today.......allow me to borrow a Libertarian viewpoint here, who consistently maintain strong provocateur tendencies and always take the split in the road.........can it get any wider?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

If you could guesstimate... how much time on average is spent in your winners vs your losers?

Scalps?
Quacked
XOM/AMD today, should have sold at 50%

Spoony Love
AG
After the first hour, the trend has been up today. Be careful because I agree with 30k that these are some dirty moves by MM. This could turn on a dime.

Still below the opening hour high, so maybe we retest it soon.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
These swings are tres bizarre.
Txducker
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

I am no Mancini, but I've got 3815 as the SPOT for ES

I have spy 379.46 level to break (10/5 hod). Todays high to the ES was the 98% from 10/05 h to 10/13 low. On spy it the 98% was missed by $0.07. This could be a big movement area up or down which a strangle might be the way to play. Today 378 was the weekly 10ema and couldn't hold that level. Spy has been consolidating/squeezing in the 377-376 range, so watching for the big move from here. Not a strong trend day making it hard to trade.
topher06
Not seeing a reversal today, bear response has been weak AF in general. Obviously, it is possible one could happen

EDIT: And right on cue we get down momentum.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I've got a pivot at 3807 and then 50-ema at 3814.80. Break those two and I think we squeeze to 4000.
irish pete ag06
AG
Yes
Bob Knights Paper Hands
It's odd to me that QQQ is lagging SPX on this move up. I think we'll need mega cap growth leading the market when we put in a real bottom. That doesn't mean that I can't be wrong or that this can't be a nice bear market rally, but I'm not convinced yet. Price action could change my mind though.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Also weird but over a shorter timeframe - SPC and QQQ prices are moving up over the past 45 minutes but so is VIX. Something sneaky is about to happen, me thinks.
EngrAg14
AG
Don't we historically follow china's downtrends with a 1-day lag.
Aka puts before end of day expecting tomorrow to go down 1-2%?
topher06
Another leg up with no real bear response. Are they just loading? Of course they can make plenty of money on churn, but does seem odd. Day after September OPEX was a big green day, followed by several (some huge) red days.
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

TLT collapsing again on pretty big volume, so I cut those 95s I bought on Friday for -20%
They got me again.
First Page Last Page
Page 5783 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.